[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 210 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
i'm on a run of the absolute worst random teams i've ever seen. smoked several games in a row, win, smoked several more. i am usually the only player with a green % and these guys are totally croaking me. another night like this shit and i'll quit again.

I went 2-11 last night while platooned. We couldnt get a team that wouldnt melt away. So annoying I went to bed.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
When that happens I just run my mini-maus. At least I can kill 12 guys myself and carry the game if none of the fucking assholes on my team can hit a barn to save their own lives.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
When that happens I just run my mini-maus. At least I can kill 12 guys myself and carry the game if none of the fucking assholes on my team can hit a barn to save their own lives.

I find that for each game where I can do that, there are 20 where I can't. There are *so many* people flinging gold rounds in the low tiers now. They're usually still bad but nonetheless it's annoying as hell.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I found when I game between 12 Noon and 6pm EST I get into the best battles. The people playing then tend to be less idiotic and less mean mouth too. Playing after 8PM EST things just get bad. Especially once you go past Midnight. Just my experiences on the NA server.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I found when I game between 12 Noon and 6pm EST I get into the best battles. The people playing then tend to be less idiotic and less mean mouth too. Playing after 8PM EST things just get bad. Especially once you go past Midnight. Just my experiences on the NA server.

Early on the weekends seem to be the best time to play to win games. After 8pm eastern time though, it seems all the idiots come out of the woodwork and they are always on your team.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I find that for each game where I can do that, there are 20 where I can't. There are *so many* people flinging gold rounds in the low tiers now. They're usually still bad but nonetheless it's annoying as hell.

I 'had" a 59% win ratio with no gold rounds or bought tanks... right up till the french tanks came out. I dont pay to play (I support game by buying premium time), but have nothing against any tank in game (gold) except the t-59. I personally bought one and it will NEVER be in a battle (my little 'stand' against the BS the 59 (purely my opinion, you think a tank made 20 years after the others is fair, so be it) is to own but never use one).

I'm trying to decide why my win ratio has been so bad in the last few months. Did the french tanks bring out the OLD 'good" players who where waiting on something new to play? Does that Auto loader make that much difference (dont think so, as i seldom die to a french tank).. or WOT has just peaked.. the old "good" players have just left and its 75% dumbA$$ players now?

I vote for the last one as i never see tanks grouped.. just spread across the map so they cant support each other. The slow maps (camponova as its called) no loger seems to be campe fests.. people charge and die to get it over with. both the new maps resemble the camping maps so are slow too.. hence alot of quick blow out matchs on them ...

its just such a different game from a year ago.. success has either drawn in hte "pew pew, got you" kids.. or age has drove out the tactical thinkers.. its so hard to tell. I can go 20 matchs without a win, then 20 in a row with a win. I average 2 kills a match (which i know is no big deal, damage is KING!)... maybe i just suck lately but it sure gets frustrating to watch the best tanks sit in base and hide when 5-6 tiny tanks go take the brunt of the other teams heavies.. so those 3 heavies on your side can slowly die alone after they hid the first 7 minutes of the game. YES, im for Offence (and covering each other) on all the non camping open space maps..

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
If any of ya'll have been on the test server, they have actually redone all the tank stats to reflect 100% crew and NOT max capable stats (for reload, aim time, accuracy). So Keep in mind that with BiA, vents and a rammer (121% crew + rammer bonus) your actual reload will be much faster than what is listed in 7.2. It would be really nice if they gave you the guns base stats and then listed in green (or red) your actual stats after the effects of crew, skills and modules where taken into account.

That would be nice... if they do red for less than 100% and green for more than 100% it would be even better to see the difference a good crew makes!

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been playing with the win percentage mod recently. Interesting stuff. It shows overall win rate (45%-55% for most players), games played, and I think efficiency rating. All of this is in-game and even over the players tank if desired. Obviously this is of little value, but it's interesting to see.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I personally bought one and it will NEVER be in a battle (my little 'stand' against the BS the 59 (purely my opinion, you think a tank made 20 years after the others is fair, so be it) is to own but never use one).
The 59 is subpar tothe 54, there is absolutely no way to deny this. Since this *is* the case, the devs did a somewhat decent job of balancing a tank built 10 years later (pershing is ~45, Panther II is paper, T44 is ~44) the 59 *is* the T54A which was made in 1955.

What is funny is the 59 is supposed to be better than the 54 since it is a 54A, but the devs did not do that.
I'm trying to decide why my win ratio has been so bad in the last few months. Did the french tanks bring out the OLD 'good" players who where waiting on something new to play? Does that Auto loader make that much difference (dont think so, as i seldom die to a french tank).. or WOT has just peaked.. the old "good" players have just left and its 75% dumbA$$ players now?
French autoloaders are able to lay down a crapton of firepower in a short period of time. If they are given time to reload and do it another time, then that is where they become amazing. If they can reload and do it further times, then it just compounds the situation. My AMX 50/100 is able to kill any other tier 8 tank while only eating 1-2 shots from them. Rarely do I get to do my max damage to the enemy as I try *very* hard to track them on the first shot and then unload and hide.

Old good players have maxed out their tanks. In public games I only play the tanks I am actively grinding and some of my favorites. I RARELY play my tier 10s because the tier 10 games are painful in pub. I *never* play my tier 8 arty in pubs since 7.0 made such a smaller arty population that if I am in a game with tier 8 arty, it is normally 4 per side (which has also pissed off a LOT of tier 8 arty drivers).
I vote for the last one as i never see tanks grouped.. just spread across the map so they cant support each other. The slow maps (camponova as its called) no loger seems to be campe fests.. people charge and die to get it over with. both the new maps resemble the camping maps so are slow too.. hence alot of quick blow out matchs on them ...
I see no difference in pub mentality. I get good teams that understand how to respond, I get teams that completely ignore a flank, and I get teams that think defending is the way to go and just get artied/invisitanked to death.

I saw the most retarded thing I have *ever* seen in a public game, the two tier 10 tanks took the abbey and camped there waiting for a team to die and praying there were enough to light up the capping force to rain down shots. When asked why they did that, they said "meh it is pub". Sometimes you just play stupidly for a change of pace... hell I took the hill in my JTiger last week, and our team was lucky to have me do it when we held off the enemy JTiger (yes we both decided to go hill!?) and a crapton of frenchies.

pinkfloyd48

Oct 2, 2006
The devs dont do any of the tanks like there suppose to be. EXAMPLE The T28 tracks are so puny in the game compared to real life. And by the way I have a 59 it is the only one that makes money to support the other tanks I use

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The devs dont do any of the tanks like there suppose to be. EXAMPLE The T28 tracks are so puny in the game compared to real life. And by the way I have a 59 it is the only one that makes money to support the other tanks I use

True. The Tiger tank is another example. If it was like in real life most WW2 era tanks couldn't cope with it 1 vs 1. Also many tanks could easily see beyond 500 meters but due to map size they have to lower the visual range. This game is not an exact or true simulation. Its just a developer's game based around WW2 era tanks and tank warfare. Heck, they have even gone beyond that and into the 1950s era.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
There isnt a whole lot in the game that is "historical". For the sake of game balance they cant or it could be long range snipefests by Tigers vs T34s ect.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
puny as in.... skinny? If you compare the tracks to the cars you crush on some of the maps the tracks are pretty big. Then again I never saw a real T28 so I wouldn't be able to tell you. Judging from perspective the thing's about the size of a bus though.

edit:

The tiger tank fought Shermans and T-34s IRL for the most part, and later in the war Fireflies. In game, Tigers still rip them apart handily.

The US tank doctrine recommended no less than 5 shermans (3 to draw fire and to die, 2 to do flanking/ambush shots) to take down ONE single tiger, and only at close range because the 75mm cannot pierce the tiger's frontal armor. The IS was developed as a counter to the tiger (armor specifically developed to bounce 88 rounds), but the tiger puts up a very good fight against it in game as well. Only thing that's off about the tiger are the speed and the mantlet armor, which seems to be hotly debated and I'm not big enough of a tank buff to argue.

the tiger NEVER fought IS-3s, T-44s, nor any of the other experimental/nonexistant tanks that were developed 5-6 years later or were designed as a counter.

Last edited:

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Speaking of simulation, the French auto-loader requires the loader to get off the tank to reload. Doesn't it means that while a French tank with auto-loader is reloading, it should not be able to move? If implemented this would really nerf it.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Speaking of simulation, the French auto-loader requires the loader to get off the tank to reload. Doesn't it means that while a French tank with auto-loader is reloading, it should not be able to move? If implemented this would really nerf it.

That would be AWESOME. I hate the french tanks. Those auto-loaders are out of control. They can get off 4-5 shots and kill you and you can only hit them once, even if you have perfect positioning they can track you with their first shot and proceed to own you. Get rid of the auto-loader. Its so incredibly dumb and not balanced well enough to be in game.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The auto loaders were a dumb idea. The issue is their burst. The game isnt an open field duel so the reload isnt a big deal imo. Most of the time you are sneaking and shooting then hide even in a normal tank. I hope the frenchies get nerfed bad in 7.2

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i also hated french tanks due to the autoloader
but having grinded all the way up to get it, it's pretty brutal doing that grind
have to wait til tier 8 to get autoloader on heavy
and tier 7 really, in med for it to be meaningful.
the amx12t and 13 75 don't really do shit

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Game is really testing my patience. What is with the invisible tanks lately? I had a Type 59 about 200 feet in front me and I couldnt see him.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I see my amx13's as the prize at the end of the low level grind :p The 12t is mile better than the 38/40 but it still has no gun elevation/depression and gets treated as a scout...hah.

I'm about 40k xp from my lorraine, far too tired after a day of work plus college that I cannot think rationally in-game, which makes for some quick and painful matches in the 13-90. At least I'm getting some xp and credits from it.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
oh fuck. I could've gotten 2nd place in all star #24 D: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Guess I need to start paying more attention to those.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I see my amx13's as the prize at the end of the low level grind :p The 12t is mile better than the 38/40 but it still has no gun elevation/depression and gets treated as a scout...hah.

I'm about 40k xp from my lorraine, far too tired after a day of work plus college that I cannot think rationally in-game, which makes for some quick and painful matches in the 13-90. At least I'm getting some xp and credits from it.

i'm pretty close to the lorraine also, about 30k. it's a lot larger than the 13 90 tho, so i may hold off a bit on getting it once researched

also finally hit 200k xp on the object 212, just 111k more for the 261 now :)

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
i'm pretty close to the lorraine also, about 30k. it's a lot larger than the 13 90 tho, so i may hold off a bit on getting it once researched

also finally hit 200k xp on the object 212, just 111k more for the 261 now :)

I'm at around 190k xp on my object 212. I might be able to pull off getting the 261 by the end of the weekend. It would be nice if they give us 5x xp this weekend, that would really help. Although I would rather have 1/2 off modules. Bu then I guess the best weekend special would just be for them to push 7.2 so I get my free premium tank.

Had a really good day yesterday going 26-13. Also won all our clan battles, which is nice. I'm just a hair away still from a 54% win ratio.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
did they push back 7.2? i thought it was uber close to release. but someone in-game said it was delayed another month....

i was gonna try really hard to grind the t34, but since i have the t59, i don't need 2 prems as the 59 pours credits for me