[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Latest patch note update and release info that was posted today by Overlord.

World of Tanks v.0.6.4 preliminary patch notes:

• Added new vehicles: premium heavy Lowe and KV-5, intermediate KV-13 and Pz38NA, tier 8 SPGs: Object 261, GW-E serie, T-92.
• Full redesign of Maus collision model using “skirt” type of armor.
• Fixed collision models for IS-7, JagdPanther.
• Added new maps – Mountain Pass and Prairies.
• Visual redesign of Pagorki map.
• Gameplay redesign of Komarin map: reduced number of bushes near the bridges, added extra buildings on the central island for cover.
• Added extra checkpoints on tank models for more accurate visibility checks.
• Changed effect for credit and gold first aid kits, repair kits and fire extinguishers:
Credit repair kit will fix 1 chosen damaged module until the end of battle. Gold will repair all currently damaged modules until the end of battle.
You can put both repair kits on the same tank together.
First aid kits work similar to repair kits.
Credit fire extinguisher will extinguish fire immediately after you manually activate it – by pressing its button ingame.
Gold fire extinguisher will automatically extinguish fire 0.5 seconds after tank catches fire and will reduce chance of catching fire by 10%.
• Changed damage mechanics for tracks. You can damage tracks if you hit the leading or the rearmost wheel of the tank. It will be much more difficult to detrack it by hitting middle part of the tank.
• Reworked vehicle movement system – stucking at vertical surfaces and map borders is nearly completely eliminated. Reduced chance of stucking in terrain objects.
• Added first version of moving wrecks of destroyed vehicles.
• Fixed bug with SPG Object 212 gun mantlet that was able to absorb shells without losing durability.
• Fixed damage mechanics of certain open-topped SPGs during light collisions with other vehicles.
• Added an option to demount non-demountable equipment (like Rammer or Coated Optics) for 10 Gold.
• Added an option to transfer in-game gold to another player. For additional control of transfer special billing password is being used.
• Added an option to block voice messages from the player in battle and in hangar.
• Added an option to turn-off tank shaking during shooting/moving/stopping/being hit in sniper mode. Default setting is shaking on.
• Added an option to remove tracks prints.
• Added an option to turn off smoke and dust off the tank tracks.
• Added detailed options for voice chat: selection of audio device, voice test and other options.
• Fixed bug with client freeze when joining company/platoon in case of voice ports being blocked.
• Added new tab Clan for Contacts window, including the list of clan members.
• Added visual diplay of “speaking players” in Training Room, Platoon and Company, Map Loading screen.
• Added additional star icon on the tank that did not gain double experience for the current day.
• Minimap remade into flash like the other interface . Added icons for different tank types. Added colored icons of different colours for tanks in player’s platoon.
• Added additional markers above tanks in player’s platoon.
• Added additional statistics window displayed when player’s tank is destroyed.
• Fixed great amount of rendering bugs, improved efficiency of high-quality dynamic shadows.
• Added control for color, brightness and display time for tracer effects depiction.

Planned for v.0.6.4, but currenty in development:

• Reworking visibility/camouflage of all vehicles and guns.
• Lowered memory usage. Fixing Red Textures bug on PC with big amount of RAM (> 2 GB).
• Specific balance weight for 9th tier Medium tanks.
• Fixing discrepancy between sniper and arcade crosshairs in case vehicle is positioned on a slope.
• New post-battle statistics.

Note 1. The list of changes is not full.
Note 2. v.0.6.4 is very likely to be the release version.

ETA - to be announced.

So stay tuned...

zoic

Nov 10, 2009
I hope they can get it released soon so I can get back to playing. Have been waiting for the last couple of months. With the knowledge it would soon be released and everything wiped to zero, I didn't want to spend time on getting tanks and do it all over again in a short time.

Once they (finaly) get it out I'll be back on :)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
This week will be the indicator. If they don't do preorders this week then its definitely being pushed back to April. I was just looking over the discussion thread and no confirmation of anything so far.

Edit: Found a post that Overlord made today saying hard wipe date not yet set. Sounds to me like they are going to push it back again to April.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2004
www.store.massiverc.com
Well if I don't buy this game at release, I'll at least have something to play with to feed my addiction:

fabf6af6.jpg

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Looks like a release date has been announced. April 12th. I want to see what kind of pre-order options they're going to have. Also the announcement mentioned a little something for closed beta testers. I wonder what it will be.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Thanks Nik... That's my blog done for tonight :p

Anyway, could a few of you guys check over my WoT Guides and see if there's anything major I need to change? I'm aiming to have them spot on up to date for release.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
just tried tonight, having a blast
did not know i had to upgrade the noob tank to get to tier 2 ROFL
i was saving up my xp waiting for tier2 to unlock

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I been playing mostly on weekends. Fri-Monday thing. Rest of the week playing other games. Latest kick is I went back to playing Medieval 2 Total War: Lands to Conquer mod. Anyhow I did finally get a Tiger2 tank. Its not fully upgraded but I like how it plays. Still havent gotten to a T54. The T44 I have has good speed but I feel its lacking any serious punch. Maybe I should try the 122mm gun on it. I hate a fast tank that shoots slow though. Actually I don't like any type of tank that shoots too slow. LOL

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Is there any reason that my tank has to still "be in battle" when its destroyed? This isn't league of legends, my tank is a useless smouldering wreck that cant be of any further assistance in game, why keep it there?

I gather playing another tank is an option which is what ive been doing but when this game is released it means you will be forced to waste time levelling a tank you don't care about just waiting for the one you do want to level to finish the game its in. Exp transfer from elites takes gold so that's not an option for everyone.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Is there any reason that my tank has to still "be in battle" when its destroyed? This isn't league of legends, my tank is a useless smouldering wreck that cant be of any further assistance in game, why keep it there?

I gather playing another tank is an option which is what ive been doing but when this game is released it means you will be forced to waste time levelling a tank you don't care about just waiting for the one you do want to level to finish the game its in. Exp transfer from elites takes gold so that's not an option for everyone.

Well, I can't really argue for or against here as I see valid arguements from each side.

I honestly like it the way that it is, as I find that playing multiple tanks can be fun and even if I want to reallllly rush one line of tanks, it's quite difficult to earn money fast enough at times to progress... which is why a second tank is quite a nice diversion/money spinner whilst your favourite tank is on downtime.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I been playing mostly on weekends. Fri-Monday thing. Rest of the week playing other games. Latest kick is I went back to playing Medieval 2 Total War: Lands to Conquer mod. Anyhow I did finally get a Tiger2 tank. Its not fully upgraded but I like how it plays. Still havent gotten to a T54. The T44 I have has good speed but I feel its lacking any serious punch. Maybe I should try the 122mm gun on it. I hate a fast tank that shoots slow though. Actually I don't like any type of tank that shoots too slow. LOL

Don't do it. Tried it and absolutely hated it. You get a stronger alpha and that's it.

The 122 reloads like a heavy tank's cannon... because it is. But you don't have the armor that you need to slug it out with other big tanks, and this gun is way too slow to be dogfighting with any mediums. The 100mm is sufficient, even if it feels a bit weak... but that's how the medium tanks are. You can hurt tanks from the sides and the back, just use HE shells for any big tanks from the front.

Plus with the vulnerability of the ammo rack on the t44, you're guaranteed a slow death when your rack gets damaged.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Almost gave up on WoT until I unlocked the 203mm howitzer on the M40/43. Finally, I have a "Hand of God" weapon that makes the American arty line worth it. Coupled with the wide traverse and fast turning speed, I've gone from plinking away at lower tier tanks and counterbatterying to a T10 slayer.

And finally I can exact some revenge on the stupid Object 704s that forced me to sell my JT in frustration.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
is this game still fubar or what?

Define..FUBAR

Does it still have the spotting problems and such? Yeah. Right now the next big patch is suppose to fix a bunch of things and add some new stuff. Its also the start of the release (hardwipe). So we have to wait and see what happens. Its still a fun game to play. I play mostly on weekends now. Not because I dont want to play WoT but there are other things and other games I want to do and play as well. So many things to do and so little free time.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
So I see that Pre Order is now available. How many here going to or have already pre ordered WoT? I think I'm going to. I never did play the American tanks and been waiting for wipe to do so. Last night they had another 7k pop on the NA server. I'm starting to like my King Tiger. Last night got the short 105mm gun and I'm doing a little better damage now.

So now at release I'm thinking of playing Russian medium, German Heavy (liking those Tigers), and American heavy and medium lines. I'll play casual though. Just on weekends most likely when I can be home in the evenings to catch the heavier server population in action. I feel the fight balances are best then.

BofRA

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2002
Thanks Nik... That's my blog done for tonight :p

Anyway, could a few of you guys check over my WoT Guides and see if there's anything major I need to change? I'm aiming to have them spot on up to date for release.

I tried looking over your guides, but its kind of hard to read blue text on blue matrix

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I tried looking over your guides, but its kind of hard to read blue text on blue matrix

You caught me at a bad time. I'm in between hosts at the moment, a rather failed migration it could be said.

They should be back within the next 24-48 hours, or sooner I hope.

Within the next week or so, I should have a new site which is even better than my quite neat existing site. The players here will pay testament to the quality of my guides, they're worth the wait :)

BofRA

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2002
Sounds good. I have been playing for a bit and think I understand it well enough, but am always open to new ideas :)

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Sounds good. I have been playing for a bit and think I understand it well enough, but am always open to new ideas :)

It's odd what minor details or ideas you can pick up from certain places.

My guides have been well received by the community of World of Tanks, even garnering plaudits and thanks from Overlord and the Dev Team, the AT Forums and the search engines seem to like them too.

Having said that, I might need a full re-write when the game is released :p

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
I keep putting it off, but I plan to pre-order. I played mostly the Soviet line in beta and stopped at the StuG III for the German line. This time around I plan on doing German medium tanks and U.S. Tank Destroyers.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I'm starting to like my King Tiger. Last night got the short 105mm gun and I'm doing a little better damage now.

Stop at the KT IMO - I hate the Ausf B (I really liked my fully decked out KT). It gets a little better once you get the better gun for it but I haven't played it in months