[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Is February the end of the Beta then?

Thats my understanding of it. Game goes live sometime in February. One day its beta and then next day, a hard wipe is done and everyone starts all over again on launch day. Assuming you want to play it still. We should get more details soon if Overlord is giving out info now I'm thinking.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Without a big fix to spotting, matchmaking, and TKing, I won't pay for this.

Had a very bad night in the SU152.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Spotting is still a big problem. Anything shooting a large caliber gun should more or less become instantly visible. I can handle getting pinged by a StuG or T-34 in a bush and not seeing it. But a JTiger or IS-4? Hardly likely.

Oh, and we're all still waiting for camo/periscope fix on heavy German TDs (JPanther and up). They're still broken.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Thats my understanding of it.

Nooooooo! :'( It's such a great game for the price right now!

I don't know if I will play. It's a pretty painful grind without premium and I am not a fan of recurring monthly charges to play a game

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Its fun to play, but not for $10.00/month. The game currently has little depth, its a lot like Groundhog Day, same shit, different map. Fun, don't get me wrong, but just a lot of fluff.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
My IS toe to toe with a german tank that supposedly eats ISs for lunch. Took him out with a shot to his tracks and then he bounced one off me and then hit me for about 30% damage and I took the last 60% off his life in one frontal shot. I got a big "WHAT THE HELL EVER, SASNAK!!!!"

LOL

theswami

Sep 1, 2010
I'll be throwing some money into this game upon release. As far as I'm concerned all they need to fix is the spotting issue and I'm good to go.

Matchmaking can be tricky at times but I just adjust my play style based on the composition of the tanks. I'm usually platooned up as well so it helps.

Loving the IS-3, T-54, and 3002DB. Want to grab the Panther before the beta ends if I can.

And yes, Overlord stated they should be ready for release by the end of February. The EU/NA server split is next (by the end of next week) followed by the open beta and then I think we're ready for release.

Nox51

Jul 4, 2009
argh I hate how the stug is pretty much paper thin armor and you can so easily get 1 shotted in 50% of the matches. Not that many bounces.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
argh I hate how the stug is pretty much paper thin armor and you can so easily get 1 shotted in 50% of the matches. Not that many bounces.

Aye... but at the same time you can buy a camo net and go 100% camo'd crew and nobody can see you until the last minute. With the current spotting system you can just pop shots off!

Nox51

Jul 4, 2009
Yeah I've got the camo net and the crews at about 90% but i wish it'd bounce a couple of the shots. You know just to get over the feeling of yeah I'll be dead on the first two shots that land on me. Need to get better with hiding.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If the game is Free To Play (F2P) and $10 for premium I may stick with it. It is fun to play despite some of its unfixed problems. At this point I'm still undecided. I'm waiting to hear the official pricing plan.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I think I'm pretty much done with WoT. I bought and unlocked the IS-3 last night, but I just can't really get into playing it.

theswami

Sep 1, 2010
I love my IS-3. Compared to my other Tier 8s (my T-44 and Panther) it's so much more durable and destructive.

I usually end up as top dog in matches (with the occasional IS-4 in there) so it's nice to be the bully in the match! The BL-9 can virtually penetrate anything, anytime.

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
Hrm, so they finally decided to split the servers...too bad no softwipe, was hoping to try out the US tree.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Hey, good news. IF you play now, you get 4x the credits and a lot more experience. Time to fast level to that IS7 or Maus

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Hey, good news. IF you play now, you get 4x the credits and a lot more experience. Time to fast level to that IS7 or Maus

What do you mean by now?

I won't be on till around 6pm eastern, but I'd love to crank some xp towards the BL10 for my isu152.

<edit> Never mind, I just found Overlord's post on it.

"It is intentional and will last for 3 days. Yes, it's kind of present, substitute for cancelled softwipe."

I feel a sick day coming on.

Last edited:

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I've resurrected the ATOT channel on the US server, same name & password.

Nox51

Jul 4, 2009
Victory!
Battle: Karelia Tuesday, 18 January 2011 5:46:05 p.m.
Vehicle: IS
Received Experience: 8,652, credits: 219,631

damn I'm loving the extra bonuses.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
To all of the EU players/friends out there that were on the ATOT channel prior to the split I just want to say I'm going to miss playing with and against you in the game and will miss the good discussions we had. We still have this thread to share our successes and gripes about the game but it won't be the same. I learned a lot from you and I will miss you guys. Good luck and happy gaming! :)

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
This is way better than softwipe for me, thank heavens I don't have to play every game against 10 IS-4/7s(can't say the same after this period though, heh), and high tier games are alot less campy because people don't QQ about repair costs or actually want to play another tank ASAP.

Sucks that they had to split the population though, I liked playing w/ EU players.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Finally got my IS3. Fun tank, but can't wait to get the upgraded gun.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
Got the BL10 on my ISU. Man that gun is really hot or cold. When you hit someone, it's awesome, but when it misses or bounces, you're screwed. Even with a rammer I can make a sammich while it reloads.

Had a T54 come around a corner at me in Himmelsdorf(sp?). Boom!, took him to 10&#37;. He backed right up and went the other way.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Am surprised at how fast I'm moving up the research chain with the 5x exp. :) It's nice to get 4k - 8k per game, even 1k-2k when we lose.

Now I have so much money I don't know what to do with it... are binoculars or any of those 500k items useful? And are they movable from tank to tank?

theswami

Sep 1, 2010
Binoculars, Camo net, and Toolbox can be moved from tank to tank. The others stay on your tank and cannot be removed.

I'd always recommend a rammer and vert stabilizer(only tier 8+ for this)