[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 140 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 27, 2004
www.store.massiverc.com
I think the problem is people are just not afraid of the 88 in a brawl. I'm playing it like a sniping tank until I can use the 10.5, so its basically a beefy tiger. The tank is agile and maneuverable and it is fairly intimidating. I have a vstab, rammer and vents on it over a GLD. Need to just get a few more games in to get a better feel of the tank, I'm sure it'll be better as I get used to its armor over a tiger.

I don't believe the IS-3 is superior over a KT with exception of the speed. Armor is poor, pivot abilities are bad... but it plays like a medium with a top speed of 39 (and has no problems hitting it).

But the 3-4 games I had, I found myself holding passes all by myself vs hordes of mediums, arty shots and heavies. Idiot teams are so fecking annoying.

I recently got my KT and I'm loving this tank. I may not even upgrade the gun. I did this last night:

2a6d7b12.jpg

0d151428.jpg

I killed a Lowe capping our base and then took on the next 5 tanks pretty much by myself.

Just 2K away from the upgraded turret (bypassing the gun to get the turret as I'm diggin the 203mm pen and accuracy.........and cheap price of shells).

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Not nearly as bad as a nice 90degree side hit that penetrates, causes critical damage and then does no HP damage at all. That one is always baffling and frustrating. :mad:

I have had that happen more often. But the whole tracking for no damage annoyed me the other night due to me derping. I have to connect on each shot and do max damage or I am twiddling waiting for reload while the other guy blows me up.

The T40 seems to have that critical hit for 0 damage issue quite a bit for me.

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have been slumming around in my Ms1. Got a 3300 double xp win. Got top gun and scout. Hysterical to go back and play these early tanks.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i've been playing the T-127 lately since my friends just started and only have tier 2,3's LOL
its funny how everyone just plays kamikaze style.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The t-127 is such a bully. Really fun to just wreck the other tanks of your tier though. Angle it a bit and nothing can even penetrate your front. :p

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i think i'm gonna sell the T-127
it does earn pretty good credits for a tier3, and it's giving me a lot of free xp
but i'd rather have the slot

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm keeping it just because its so fun to play. I bought 5 new slots during the sale so I'm good for a little while. I'm keeping all the fun tanks (tiger 2, panther II ) plus I have slots ready for the E-50, E-75, and the T-54 I never bought. Even have slots ready for a S-51 if I ever decide to play arty... and an IS-7 whenever I can save enough money for it.

Screw the tiger I though, piece of crap.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I'm keeping it just because its so fun to play. I bought 5 new slots during the sale so I'm good for a little while. I'm keeping all the fun tanks (tiger 2, panther II ) plus I have slots ready for the E-50, E-75, and the T-54 I never bought. Even have slots ready for a S-51 if I ever decide to play arty... and an IS-7 whenever I can save enough money for it.

I bought back my Tiger.

Love it despite it's flaws. Still kicks most noob arses easily enough.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

get the s-51 and free xp the 203mm right away
it rains credits since repair is only ~5k

i usually earn 20-30k after ammo

Visaoni

May 15, 2008
After I got some slots during the sale, I went and picked up some arties. SU-5, Bison, T57. I've since gotten rid of the Bison and T57 as I elited them. The Bison was horrendous, the T57 was okayish. My SU-5 though is just... not fun. It gets in high enough battles that it can't do a whole lot, even with the best gun.

I've almost got the S-51 unlocked, although I am getting more tempted to unlock the KV-1S first.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Until the upcoming arty credit nerf.

true true, but even then it's only what 15%? so between 17k and 25k :)
you don't really do much, i don't get where people say arty takes skill.
i don't think it takes any, you just chill and lob shells from above.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Will see how it goes after HE (arty) nerf in 7.0. Might not be worth my free exp. :p

You mistake me, there is the HE nerf AND the arty credit nerf. HE nerf is just logic and physics coming into play. The credit nerf is a rebalancing of how the devs wanted premium/nonpremium credit generation to happen. Tier 5-6 was supposed to be profitable without premium with tier 8 to be break even. Well since tier 8 arty is the god arty they are going to treat it like tier 10 credit generation (credit waster) and subsequently lower the lesser tiers. It is basically a 10% - 20% credit generation hit for any tier 6+ arty.
http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/2011/12/changes-in-game-economy.html
Changes in Game Economy
The following changes relating to game economy will be applied in 7.0 updates:

- GW-Panther: credit income decreased by 10%.
- GW Tiger: credit income decreased by 20%.

- M37: credit income decreased by 30%.
- M7 Priest: credit income decreased by 8%.
- M41: credit income decreased by 3%.
- M12: credit income decreased by 10%.
- M40/43: credit income decreased by 20%.
- T92: credit income decreased by 15%.

- SU-14: credit income decreased by 13%.
- S-51: credit income decreased by 15%.
- Object 212: credit income decreased by 25%.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
problem is 9/10 battles i get tossed into matches with hetzers and m3 LEE's LOL

Hetzers are a little scary, yeah. That tier4 heavy is really scary too since you can barely damage it even from sides. But you can trash everything else esp b/c most players are total idiots. Given the power of the Lee's gun, it should be scary but I have yet to run into a competent Lee driver, and the Lee has so many frontal weak spots that the T-127 can penetrate it all day. So I always take them head to head :D Beating up on noobs is so glorious, esp after the MM sticks my vk3601 into tier9 matches 8/10 games in a row!

I mean the thing earns 10k+ on wins which is really solid even if it was tier 4 or 5. And it's bitchin fun to drive. It tempts me to get an MS-1 and see how awesome beating up on tier1 noobs could be :D :D

edit: how you know your team sucks dick: my A-20 has the most kills on the team (at 3). This was a tier 5 match. I killed 2 arty & possibly the dumbest T1 heavy I've ever seen but still. Let me say solo'ing a T1 takes FOREVER b/c I was doing ~40 damage per shot into his ass. I outscored KVs, PZ IVs, and Shermans. And so we lost :( 500xp/11k on a loss... if only we won, that would've been my daily double. God I hate the A-20; anything to shorten the grind.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
free exp or a premium account. I normally just suicide the A-20 unless I'm in middle or top, it's not worth the frustration.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Ok me and my brother are platooning our E-75s, let me say ... All aboard the rape train! Woooo woooo!

I love this tank, just so fun to drive and I make so much money on it. Best tank I've played by far.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
ugh .7 patch underway
can't play until tomorrow now...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu didn't get my doubles in today! :(

PowerYoga: yeah I don't really want to use free xp on this POS, haha. I basically have enough to start the Tiger I with the long 88, start the 3001p with the short88-capable turret, or jump to the best gun in the KV-3 (or the IS for that matter). I feel like those are better expenditures... meanwhile I just play the A-20 a few games each day--get the daily double and dick around a bit. I generally suicide scout w/it. On one of the sand maps (2 high bases w/valley in between), I'll race over and try to stay on the slope but out of sight... relatively easy to do & ppl who shoot/chase at me get insta-pwned by my team snipers.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, damn, patch incoming. Turn off your mods (in generic mod enabler) before the patch is installed!

Overtarget markers may not work with the new patch, but there may be an update per the WOT forums. I'm going to be very unhappy if they break this mod permanently.

So good news from Nicolas Siver.

First, he will continue the work for the OvertargetMarkers Mod! He was bored and he wanted to do something useful.
He is also with the developers of WG in contact but at this time they are very busy because of the patch 0.7. For more information follow his website.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
We have to wait for an undisclosed time before we get patched up. Ridiculous and I expect it's because they're too lazy with the languages.

7.1 before Christmas? Anyone taking bets on that? :D

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Oh, damn, patch incoming. Turn off your mods (in generic mod enabler) before the patch is installed!

Overtarget markers may not work with the new patch, but there may be an update per the WOT forums. I'm going to be very unhappy if they break this mod permanently.

How will I know if they're not working? Like if I turn them on & start a game, will the whole thing just crash? Should I join some random practice match server first to test?