MMO Events & Freebies

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
It needs to be a new char, not one from a few years ago?

Specifically, it needs to be a character in the The Original Series sub-faction of the federation. This sub-faction did not exist until last month.

You only have until tomorrow morning so unfortunately you'd need to rush through the 6 episodes if you're working today :(

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well I played to the point of a mission to protect a ship like 'xeng he' and my ship got destroyed three times after about 15 minute each combat. So that's where the game is stuck.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Can log into STO for a free research pack, couldn't find exactly when the offer expires.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Star Trek Online is giving away "The Original Series Pack" until 2 PM Pacific time Friday.

This includes 3 costume unlocks, a shuttle, and a TOS style phaser pistol that levels up with you.

It is in the C-Store, Discount Packs, priced at 100% off = free

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Got the packs. Looks like you need to claim it once for each character. I assume you don't have to claim the shuttle during the promotion once you claim the pack?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I checked it this morning, unlocked it on one char and it showed as unlocked for all, didn't actually claim it into any inventory yet.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
If a phaser shows up in your inventory you have the whole pack. You can go to the tailor and see that the (Hello) Nurse outfit is now free.

I believe it's account unlock since it shows as a purchase at 100% discount for the first character then as just "available" for other characters.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
OK. I got it for one char, and then on a second it was possible to get it again and I did and it said 'you got a phaser' so it seemed like I needed to get it on both.

The description said 'you can go somewhere to get the shuttlecraft' so I'm assuming that isn't needed to do before the promotion is done (less than an hour).

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
OK. I got it for one char, and then on a second it was possible to get it again and I did and it said 'you got a phaser' so it seemed like I needed to get it on both.

The description said 'you can go somewhere to get the shuttlecraft' so I'm assuming that isn't needed to do before the promotion is done (less than an hour).

You needed to claim it on the second character, but with an account unlock you can wait years to do that and you can do it in the future for any new characters that you create.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
MArvel has introduced an additional daily log in bonus while they prepare to revise the log in bonus system.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
MArvel has introduced an additional daily log in bonus while they prepare to revise the log in bonus system.

The lucky card bonuses are usually pretty weak but suppose a 15% off currency coupon is nice if you want some and can't wait for the monthly sale.

Earning 1 point in the twice-a-day Civil War tournament pays off much more.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
How does the 'twice a day civil war tournament' work? I've been playing the game in it but don't remember a tournament - though I have a chest for it when I log in.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Basically you get a chest as long as you earned at least 1 point during that 12-hour period.

You earn points for fighting bosses, rescuing civilians, ... other stuff, the leaderboard lists them.

Also, there is a quick and easy daily mission in the secret hideout that earns you some of the endgame currency (hero and protector commendations) which will help if you ever decide to try passing the cosmic trial and/or doing group endgame raids. It only takes a few minutes so you might as well.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
ok, I didn't see the daily mission, I'll check for it again on the roof. My char is 59 though if that's why.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
ok, I didn't see the daily mission, I'll check for it again on the roof. My char is 59 though if that's why.

Nope, any level above ... 10? 20? can do them and the difficulty scales up or down.

When you go to the rooftop the shield agent should have a ( ? ) question mark above her once a day. Talk to her to get the mission. Unless it specifically says to go to a story chapter, you need to go to a green / red terminal (either one) or to a "one shot mission". Another person at the HQ has a weekly mission to do 20 legendary quests and defeat 50 super-villains. You have until next Monday or Tuesday to do that but you should be sure to get the mission first thing tomorrow so your villain defeats start counting.

Also, the quest might send you to something long like Doom Castle, but you DO NOT need to finish that! You follow the Iron Man pointer once it appears (possibly after a map change) then you do whatever your quest says to (see the Influence Missions tab), then your contact appears and gives you a teleport back to HQ. Talk to the agent again at the HQ to get your reward.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Marvel Heroes 2016 is giving away a free hero unlock for Luke Cage to celebrate the new series on Netflix. If you already have him unlocked you get an ultimate power upgrade instead.

You just need to log into the game SATURDAY OCTOBER 1 -- only that day!

There is also a Luke Cage event for the next week, starting once the servers come back up in a little while.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/297547/marvel-heroes-2016-1-28-patch-notes

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Thanks - but that's the same day as the 'day of the devs' conference I was interested in - darn... hm.