MMO Events & Freebies

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Marvel 3rd anniversary event has started.

Hots giving an anniversary emblem if you log in during the xp event previously mentioned.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Marvel 3rd anniversary event has started.

For the next 2.5 weeks. This doesn't give out big login gifts so much as a bunch of useful benefits. It's probably the best time during the year to try the game.

- XP boost for faster leveling
- "loot explosions" give some of the best gear as well as currencies for endgame
- collect "cake slices" to get things like an extra shared bank and a choose (almost) any hero unlock token.

For new players I'd suggest picking Captain America or Scarlet Witch as your one free unlock since they are both considered strong at endgame. As you play and through events you'll have the chance to unlock other random heroes without paying cash.

Also, donate junk to the Crafter and Enchanter at Avengers Tower instead of selling it. You want to level them up to 10 each, then 20 for the crafter. But you can skip crafting and enchanting until you reach 60, save the mats.

If you have space, it's worth saving "unique" items even after you stop using them. At crafter level 15 he learns a recipe to convert uniques to a lot of credits. If you get a Pet it's also worth feeding them to it instead of donating.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I saw something about being able to do prior to 20hr cooldown being complete, does that version also give you the ship tokens?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
25 days, but less than 5 minutes a day to log in then fly around a bit on a jet pack. The endgame ship can be used with characters of any faction (Federation, Romulan, Klingon).

Sounds like maybe worth it - not too late to get started hopefully.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I saw something about being able to do prior to 20hr cooldown being complete, does that version also give you the ship tokens?

I don't think so. But you can now see the 20 hour cooldown timer by using the PVE queue button then look for the cooldowns button at the top right of the window.

The event runs through the end of July 20 so you still have an extra where 15 days you can miss and still get the ship

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Tried it yesterday, the shorter cooldown version gives you favors as a reward, not the ship tickets.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Tried it yesterday, the shorter cooldown version gives you favors as a reward, not the ship tickets.

Ah, that could come in handy in case I want to get one of the kit modules. I'd also like to have a retro shiny metal bikini away team squad with 60s phaser rifles (Triskellion outfit + Night of the Comet episode reward) but sadly that outfit is Risa only :(

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Neverwinter online anniversary event started. Looks like a couple freebies as well as discounted sale items.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Wait, what do we do in STO again for the ship? I got the account restore, and loaded it, but the game just starts with no info on what to do for that. Hope there's still time.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Marvel Heroes 2016, not quite a giveaway but 90% off at $2.49:

Steam has a Civil War Starter Pack for 90% off = $2.49, listed under DLC, through July 4

This includes hero unlocks for Iron Man and Captain America (if one or both are already unlocked, you get tokens to level up their Ultimate attack), plus the Civil War costumes for both of them, plus a hero-specific bank tab for each of them (these can store their gear plus a limited range of any-hero gear).

Any one of those items typically sells for $5-10 so it's a nice starter pack if you think you might want to play as either hero.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Got a free pet logging into Marvel today. They've also got half off, bonus XP and other last week of anniversary event things on going.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Last day of the marvel anniversary, make sure to log in for you free pet, they've also got stash tabs on sale.