Mitsubishi is ending rear-projection TVs, ceases production of DLP and laser models

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Honestly, what does it matter if the TV makes a small amount of whirring that you can only hear when sitting close? 99.999% of the TV shows we watch come with audio on a the same time the video does. Hell, my clock, htpc, and fish tank make more noise than the dlp in my man cave, not to mention the washer/dryer and water heater in the room next to the main living area in the basement. There's always going to be noises in your house.

I also use a DLP upstairs, and the noise is a little more annoying up there. However, I'm not really complaining about it, but the noise is interesting to note as other types don't really have noise.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
That is a horribly ignorant, misinformed statement. You will not find a better picture quality at anywhere near the price point these sold at, especially considering the size. They have no input delay so they're perfect for gaming and almost all of them are 3D compatible.

You should do some research before you post misinformation like this.

This is a sad day for the HDTV marketplace. Now, let's start a Mitsubishi deal thread so we can all find one cheap! :p

Oh and thanks for posting this thread OP, I would have never known.

I think for the videophiles who want a big screen that is true, but for most people a good or great looking 40"-50" LCD or plasma will suffice compared to needing a +60" DLP or Laser set. My first HD set was a 34" sony tube because it looked so much better than the RPTV's that were out about 9 years ago.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I've been watching my brand spankin new 73 dlp for a week now and it is beautiful. When watching people's faces on blu ray movies, Ican see the hairs on zits now whereas I could only see the zits before with my older DLP. Picking up the warranty through costco tomorrow for 5 years.

steelodon

Oct 29, 2007
Noticed that Mitsubishi Parts may have stopped carrying replacement DLP lamps on their site.

steelodon

Oct 29, 2007
I've been watching my brand spankin new 73 dlp for a week now and it is beautiful. When watching people's faces on blu ray movies, Ican see the hairs on zits now whereas I could only see the zits before with my older DLP. Picking up the warranty through costco tomorrow for 5 years.

Good idea for the warranty.