Militia defends America's borders from invaders.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I remember righties are all for those militia types when it comes to preventing law and order. Just ask Cliven Bundy.

They were also for law and order until 2016.

Another one of those inconsistencies I guess.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
behold the master race...

dp7Uc6w.png

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Actual white supremacists are a fringe group. You are painting with FAR too broad of a brush with what you are saying based on that question.

no, they are far, far more prevalent than you allow.

And they pushed Trump over into victory, so there's that. Racist rock-dwellers that never voted their entire lives sure came out of the woodwork to vote for their divinely chosen hero.

just like you: a true white supremacist.

Reactions: Meghan54

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
OP still hasn't shown us any evidence that anyone is invading the US.

Invader, eh? Suppose that depends on whether you include the use of force in the description. And whether people imposing themselves upon you is invasive, or forceful. At the end of the day, plenty of Americans consider these... immigrants, unwanted.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Let’s see. Slow thinks that a felon committing felonies in charge of a bunch of civilians committing felonies is a well-regulated militia whose members are following our rule of law and should be idolized while they commit their felonies against a bunch of civilians including women and children who are possibly committing one misdemeanor. Makes sense in his world I guess. Just nowhere else.

Last edited:

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I just wanted to point out that Larry Mitchell Hopkins was arrested because he has a long criminal history that goes back to at least 1986 and includes impersonating a police officer. It appears he was arrested because as a felon has lost his Second Amendment rights and was illegally in possession of a gun on the video the group released. He was NOT arrested for illegally detaining those immigrants, nor has anyone else been so far.

I am disappoint.

But this is the problem with militia groups, they aren't going to attract the most stable members. If you really want to help you would go through the screening and training and become a law enforcement officer working WITHIN the rule of law rather than join some civilian militia. That's where the nutters hide.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Seems to me that, these folks could become stout environmentalists if we simply pitched immigration control on those terms.

I'm willing to bet they fear immigrants a hell of a lot more than the "Green New Deal". Imagine that for a moment.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Nope, you destroy and impoverish several countries and slaugther millions you don't get off the hook just becasue you got more tax paying, productive citizens that enrich your country.

And besides; ~329 millions of the US population is due to immigration.
This. America has been screwing over central America for years mostly due to business interests but preach a concern troll message about the "people". Now the consequences of interfering in other countries affairs has come home to roost.

Trump and Spidey are too ignorant to understand and too racist to care.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Interesting how Spidey thinks Democrats are to blame for problems at the border when it has been conservatives who have blown up every deal to address immigration.

Oh, slowy is slowly, and thinking is thinking, and never the twain shall meet...

Reactions: Meghan54

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
This. America has been screwing over central America for years mostly due to business interests but preach a concern troll message about the "people". Now the consequences of interfering in other countries affairs has come home to roost.

How we've memory holed our actions in the region plus the huge negative effects of our policies is one of the less surprising developments here. We ruin places on a regular basis and then simply pretend we did nothing wrong.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I just wanted to point out that Larry Mitchell Hopkins was arrested because he has a long criminal history that goes back to at least 1986 and includes impersonating a police officer. It appears he was arrested because as a felon has lost his Second Amendment rights and was illegally in possession of a gun on the video the group released. He was NOT arrested for illegally detaining those immigrants, nor has anyone else been so far.

I am disappoint.

But this is the problem with militia groups, they aren't going to attract the most stable members. If you really want to help you would go through the screening and training and become a law enforcement officer working WITHIN the rule of law rather than join some civilian militia. That's where the nutters hide.

I see the arrest as just the pretext for bringing Hopkins in. They can get to work filing charges for threats, impersonation and kidnapping while he's sitting in jail. It's a bit like busting Al Capone for tax evasion, only here "Capone" was stupid enough to have well-documented instances of his more serious crimes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The most amusing part of it is that asylum seekers are trying to find CBP agents, not avoid them, so that they can be processed. They're not trying to avoid detection at all.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well the term "militia" seems have been re-purposed for, let's say, spraying a newly laid hot steaming turd with a case of air freshener.

These criminals aren't patriots as they seem to want to infer by calling themselves of all things "militia". They insult the real ones who laid down their lives to defend the nation as we know and love it.

They're vigilantes that want to play with their guns while fulfilling their dreams of making Trump and their racist selves and compatriots happy.

Nothing better to do I guess.