Militia defends America's borders from invaders.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

robb_nl

Feb 24, 2019
community.nethserver.org
How ironic that beside the native americans (less than 1% of the current population) ALL other USA citizens are (descendants off) immigrants.
IMO it is appalling how the US government is treating the current immigrants.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
How ironic that beside the native americans (less than 1% of the current population) ALL other USA citizens are (descendants off) immigrants.
IMO it is appalling how the US government is treating the current immigrants.

No one has a problem with immigrants. But you guys put illegal immigrants and legal immigrants in the same bucket, so it is impossible to have a real conversation on the issue as you ignore reality right off the bat for the sake of your feelings on the subject.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Looks like someone got their ass well regulated. If you do what you think you must then accept the consequences. A few years in prison seems about right.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
No one has a problem with immigrants. But you guys put illegal immigrants and legal immigrants in the same bucket, so it is impossible to have a real conversation on the issue as you ignore reality right off the bat for the sake of your feelings on the subject.

That's what Trump's been doing, or hadn't you noticed? Trump/Miller's whole objective is to curtail ANY and ALL immigration, or at least make it as difficult and costly as possible.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That's what Trump's been doing, or hadn't you noticed? Trump/Miller's whole objective is to curtail ANY and ALL immigration, or at least make it as difficult and costly as possible.

I have a buddy getting sworn in on Tuesday. He didn't have to resort to coming here illegally.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I have a buddy getting sworn in on Tuesday. He didn't have to resort to coming here illegally.

My great grandparents didn't come here legally, they got on a boat in Ireland and got off in NYC at Ellis Island. All they had to do when they got here was give their names and country they were coming from. There was no check to see if they were former or current members of the IRA (Irish Republican Army).

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
My great grandparents didn't come here legally, they got on a boat in Ireland and got off in NYC at Ellis Island. All they had to do when they got here was give their names and country they were coming from. There was no check to see if they were former or current members of the IRA (Irish Republican Army).

Slow is an authoritarian where power matters more than principle, Constitution or law or so he appears to be. I could be wrong in that nothing matters to him ideologically and he might troll right wing sites out of a deep need for attention. After all he comes to a site that leans left with an absence of rationality to support his statements, gets abused but continues on. He gets a number of replies and that must be important to him for some reason. Something isn't right regardless no matter what the particulars are, so we do a service by distracting him from real harm :D

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
A convicted felon that has repeatedly broken the law and is also a q-anon truther should be treated like a hero according to you. Why do you love criminals so much? Why are you so against law & order? How very un-american of you.

He can always send flowers, eh?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

That was in fact legal immigration of the time. Times have changed and today we vet people.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Slow is an authoritarian where power matters more than principle, Constitution or law or so he appears to be. I could be wrong in that nothing matters to him ideologically and he might troll right wing sites out of a deep need for attention. After all he comes to a site that leans left with an absence of rationality to support his statements, gets abused but continues on. He gets a number of replies and that must be important to him for some reason. Something isn't right regardless no matter what the particulars are, so we do a service by distracting him from real harm :D

I'm the one speaking from principle. There is nothing wrong with wanting borders that are secure and to vet people that are looking to set up life in this country. This has absolutely nothing to do with race or skin color, though you'll manufacture that part as needed for your narrative.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
My great grandparents didn't come here legally, they got on a boat in Ireland and got off in NYC at Ellis Island. All they had to do....

Great grandparents... so turn of the 20th century?
US Population in 1900: 76 million.

In the past 20 years alone our population has risen by 50 million. Or two thirds of that entire population from 1900.
I'd say times have changed as we march towards 400 million people.

Does anyone care about sustainability? Because rapid growth is not how one achieves basic survival at this stage of human development. And population growth is directly contrary towards limiting our impact on the environment and consumption / stripping of limited natural resources. In short, if you want your great grandkids to have any chance at all - this is not how we achieve that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If no one has a problem with immigrants then why does Trump keep trying to cut legal immigration?

Remember you need to look at issues factually, not emotionally.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If no one has a problem with immigrants then why does Trump keep trying to cut legal immigration?

Remember you need to look at issues factually, not emotionally.

How is that him having a problem with legal immigration? Setting target numbers isn't a problem, it is good management.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
That was in fact legal immigration of the time. Times have changed and today we vet people.

It's still hard for me to believe that they only came here 100 years ago, this is my mom's dad's parents. The rest of my family has been here from basically the founding of the US. What I am saying is that none of my family had to jump through any hoops to come here. The Irish part didn't have any trouble coming here either even thou to be Irish in this country at that time was to be half a step up from being black, meaning most white people in this country would treat a stray dog better.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It's still hard for me to believe that they only came here 100 years ago, this is my mom's dad's parents. The rest of my family has been here from basically the founding of the US. What I am saying is that none of my family had to jump through any hoops to come here. The Irish part didn't have any trouble coming here either even thou to be Irish in this country at that time was to be half a step up from being black, meaning most white people in this country would treat a stray dog better.

We didn't have a welfare state and the costs of today at the time, either. Things were different in a lot of ways 100 years ago. Today we vet whom we allow into the country, the factors are not the same as they were in 1919. I love our melting pot and think part of what makes America great is the different cultures from all over the world blending together forming our society. I want good people, regardless of where they're from, skin color, religion, sex, language they speak, etc. etc. as much as you do. But, they must come here legally and not right off the bat show they do not care for our rule of law and will dismiss it for personal gain.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He clearly has a problem with it, otherwise he wouldn’t want less of it.

This is basic logic.

As long as there is reason and the cuts are realistic, there is nothing wrong with adjusting target numbers. Some years more, some years less. You can try and make normal management sounds like something devious all you want, but it is still emotional party line disingenuous thinking.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As long as there is reason and the cuts are realistic, there is nothing wrong with adjusting target numbers. Some years more, some years less. You can try and make normal management sounds like something devious all you want, but it is still emotional party line disingenuous thinking.

What was the reason?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Reactions: esquared

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't know, but several I could think potentially make us want cuts are costs and illegal immigration eating up the quota of overall numbers we want to allow in in a given year.

So you’re just making things up, gotcha.

Thank you for conceding my point. Someone clearly does have a problem with legal immigration and that person is Trump.

That has nothing to do with legal immigration and there is no reference as to whether their crossings are legal or not.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
We didn't have a welfare state and the costs of today at the time, either. Things were different in a lot of ways 100 years ago. Today we vet whom we allow into the country, the factors are not the same as they were in 1919. I love our melting pot and think part of what makes America great is the different cultures from all over the world blending together forming our society. I want good people, regardless of where they're from, skin color, religion, sex, language they speak, etc. etc. as much as you do. But, they must come here legally and not right off the bat show they do not care for our rule of law and will dismiss it for personal gain.

The hilarious thing is that you claim to value law and order while you cheer on a group illegally detaining migrants, illegally impersonating law enforcement and with a leader who broke the law for gun ownership by a felon. Seems you're more interested in who's breaking the law than the actual law.