Melania watch.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
We don't know everything, but there are some clues -- for example, how chilly she is around Trump and how much things change away from him. There's the classic example of how she put on a fake smile for Trump while he was looking at her and immediately dropped it when he turned away. Or how she's swatted his hand away. She doesn't really enjoy being with him, so while she may keep it civil, she's not really in it for love.

Ok. Suppose it's true and she doesn't love Trump in the traditional sense as our romanticized society expects her to. Who cares? Two consenting adults. None of us have a say in their relationship so long as it is consensual and they're both satisfied.

I will admit, that if that's the case, it would be appropriate to say "she knew what she signed up for". Assuming she's in it for the money that would be a factual statement. However, the "she deserves it" vitriol is not. And she certainly did not sign up for everyone else on the planet being an asshat towards her. Her deal was with Donald and Donald only, not everybody else being a dick towards her. She hasn't done anything to anybody else to deserve that.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I don't care whatsoever where Melania is. Not if it's plastic surgery, illness, missing, no longer with us, hidden away, quietly divorcing Trump, having an affair and on an excursion with her lover. She doesn't matter in the slightest. She contributes nothing to the role of flotus or the white house or the government. She has no positive influence. She's not entertaining. I believe she's probably stupid as shit. No matter her status/whereabouts I don't want to hear from her or about her. I don't even want to see or hear about it when she eventually reemerges.

Caring about her whereabouts is just allowing yourself to be more invested in the reality show that Trump thinks he's producing, directing and starring in. Feels like a contrived storyline regardless of the facts behind it.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

An illustration to help...

ltONNyE.jpg

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
We don't know everything, but there are some clues -- for example, how chilly she is around Trump and how much things change away from him. There's the classic example of how she put on a fake smile for Trump while he was looking at her and immediately dropped it when he turned away. Or how she's swatted his hand away. She doesn't really enjoy being with him, so while she may keep it civil, she's not really in it for love.

From the moment I saw her first display of disgust for his presence during the campaign, I've been keeping tabs on that and I have to say she loathes the ground he walks on. He took her way out of her comfort zone and into a lifestyle she feels totally alien to and vulnerable in.

Can't blame her for despising him but can't feel much sympathy for her in the sense that she can walk away from it all but won't. For certain she's not hanging in there for Duty and Country.

Phenzyn

Mar 18, 2018
Can't blame her for despising him but can't feel much sympathy for her in the sense that she can walk away from it all but won't. For certain she's not hanging in there for Duty and Country.
Actually the more I think about this the more I think that perhaps Melania has left Trump. At the very least she is perhaps taking time away from him or they are even "separated".

She probably agreed to make an appearance with him on occasion until the term is over or until he is impeached and that's it. I truly hope this is the case, she deserves better. I don't know her (obviously) or anything about her but almost every human being on the planet deserves better than our Orangutan in Chief

Reactions: trenchfoot

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I honestly dont care. She's a lousy first lady. She's done absolutely nothing except maybe support Donalds hypocrisy. I wish she's take him with her on her many long trips to New York. The less time he spends in the Oval Office, the better. And those golf trips arent long enough.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ok. Suppose it's true and she doesn't love Trump in the traditional sense as our romanticized society expects her to. Who cares? Two consenting adults. None of us have a say in their relationship so long as it is consensual and they're both satisfied.

I will admit, that if that's the case, it would be appropriate to say "she knew what she signed up for". Assuming she's in it for the money that would be a factual statement. However, the "she deserves it" vitriol is not. And she certainly did not sign up for everyone else on the planet being an asshat towards her. Her deal was with Donald and Donald only, not everybody else being a dick towards her. She hasn't done anything to anybody else to deserve that.

She certainly doesn't deserve all the vitriol she gets, but at the same time, she's far from innocent. Some people set her up as a hapless victim, and that's not really true. We need to acknowledge that she's somewhere in between the two extremes.

Nov 30, 2006
She certainly doesn't deserve all the vitriol she gets, but at the same time, she's far from innocent. Some people set her up as a hapless victim, and that's not really true. We need to acknowledge that she's somewhere in between the two extremes.
Reality is much too complex for simple minds.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I'll keep my feelings for Melania to heavily politicized debate forums like this one because the general public won't see the nuances that paint her in an unflattering light. She is, at worst to most, a victim. And in the grand scheme of things I can live with that, there are way bigger fish to fry out there than some gold-digger like her. She can enjoy her parents being here from chain migration, while her husband tries to kill it for everyone not as privileged. She can fight for kids, ripping off the same campaign which Michelle Obama came up with, whom her husband's supporters called the most degrading things for years, and look like she is an honorable first lady. Maybe, at the end of the day, she wishes she didn't sign that iron-clad pre-nup and could have an out. But just as likely is she loves the man she married, and has a lot of the same feelings as he does. After all if I was a racist, I'd want to be married to one as well wouldn't I.

Typical libtard rant. I'm surprised you didn't make fun of the way she sounds while reading books to kids. Sounds like somebody is still mad because they haven't gotten their scoop of peach mint ice cream as promised by the Dimocrat echo chamber. The amount of hate libtards spew can only be interpreted as a cry for help due to mental health deficiencies.

Reactions: IJTSSG

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Typical libtard rant. I'm surprised you didn't make fun of the way she sounds while reading books to kids. Sounds like somebody is still mad because they haven't gotten their scoop of peach mint ice cream as promised by the Dimocrat echo chamber. The amount of hate libtards spew can only be interpreted as a cry for help due to mental health deficiencies.

Why would I make fun of her accent? Silly rightie. That's something only dickhead anti-immigrant America first rednecks would do.

I only pointed out what she has shown can be fundamental character flaws. I mean her copying Michelle Obama was blatant. Her parents just getting citizenship here due to chain migration is simply fact. Her husband is a blatant racist and she was willing to have a kid with him. These are all facts. I'm sorry you are sad that even Trumps pretty trophy wife may not be all that great after all. Or perhaps she would be great to you, the more racist and like your president she turns out to be.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Sad sock puppet feels the end coming. Your agenda of hate and division is coming to an end.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why would I make fun of her accent? Silly rightie. That's something only dickhead anti-immigrant America first rednecks would do.

I only pointed out what she has shown can be fundamental character flaws. I mean her copying Michelle Obama was blatant. Her parents just getting citizenship here due to chain migration is simply fact. Her husband is a blatant racist and she was willing to have a kid with him. These are all facts. I'm sorry you are sad that even Trumps pretty trophy wife may not be all that great after all. Or perhaps she would be great to you, the more racist and like your president she turns out to be.

Dude, you're feeding the troll.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Oh stop whining.

As for myself I never made fun of the way Melania sounded when she was plagiarizing Michelle Obama.

Now she can go back to reading the story to kids about how she and Boris captured moose and squirrel.

All jokes aside I wish her well once she's escapes from that monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: trenchfoot

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Oh stop whining, your vagina is showing.

As for myself I never made fun of the way Melania sounded when she was plagiarizing Michelle Obama.

Now she can go back to reading the story to kids about how she and Boris captured moose and squirrel.

All jokes aside I wish her well once she's escapes from that monster.
Vagina? How about binky (because he's a fussy toddler not a "whiney" woman)? Or else I'm gonna whine the likes of which you've never seen before in your life!

Jan 25, 2011
Vagina? How about binky (because he's a fussy toddler not a "whiney" woman)? Or else I'm gonna whine the likes of which you've never seen before in your life!
EDIT: No. Forget it. I've thought better of my choices of jokes this morning!

UNDO UNDO UNDO

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Re-read your post again and try and understand who the 'tard' is... You are a textbook posterboy for low information trailer park groundskeeper...