Melania watch.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
The First Lady strikes me as a private person who is devoted to her child. I would imagine she’s been recovering from her surgery & perhaps, since it is June after all, gearing up for her child’d end of year school events

Politics aside, I kinda feel like people should leave the woman & her son alone. I suspect she had no idea what she was getting into here & is probably freaked out by most of it, I sure would be.

I respectfully disagree. Painting her as some innocent and naive immigrant girl is wholly inaccurate. She knew what she was marrying, his track record was there for all to see, documented over the decades. I agree 100% about Barron, he is a kid and honestly the only innocent person in this whole mess.

Reactions: Kobota

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I respectfully disagree. Painting her as some innocent and naive immigrant girl is wholly inaccurate. She knew what she was marrying, his track record was there for all to see, documented over the decades. I agree 100% about Barron, he is a kid and honestly the only innocent person in this whole mess.

I highly doubt she knew that he had running for President as a goal when she married him! All of this kind of speculation does is serve as a distraction from more pressing issues & more than likely wounds a woman who already has enough on her plate as is.

The First Lady appears devoted to children & I do have as one person posted a measure of empathy for her, particularly after the Daniels thing. Sorry but I don’t have the heart to bash the woman or her child.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

She signed up to be a trophy wife, not a political wife. There's a huge difference. She's ill prepared to be Flotus. That's not intended to belittle her in any way.

Feb 16, 2005
She signed up to be a trophy wife, not a political wife. There's a huge difference. She's ill prepared to be Flotus. That's not intended to belittle her in any way.
I agree, she is woefully unprepared to be flotus, yet she's better at flotus than her husband is at potus.
But I stand by my statement, she knew exactly what she was marrying.

Feb 16, 2005
I highly doubt she knew that he had running for President as a goal when she married him! All of this kind of speculation does is serve as a distraction from more pressing issues & more than likely wounds a woman who already has enough on her plate as is.

The First Lady appears devoted to children & I do have as one person posted a measure of empathy for her, particularly after the Daniels thing. Sorry but I don’t have the heart to bash the woman or her child.
You are a better person than I. I won't bash her kid, but she's a soft target, especially with blatantly ripping off Michelle Obama not once, but twice.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Guys, shes just on day 23 of a 60 day binge .. or on a sex vacation with her lover/a real man.. I mean she needs to get some right? - And we all know that that D is not up for *that* task..
edit: Im gonna laugh my ass off if she has stormy size hooters next time we see her..

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'll keep my feelings for Melania to heavily politicized debate forums like this one because the general public won't see the nuances that paint her in an unflattering light. She is, at worst to most, a victim. And in the grand scheme of things I can live with that, there are way bigger fish to fry out there than some gold-digger like her. She can enjoy her parents being here from chain migration, while her husband tries to kill it for everyone not as privileged. She can fight for kids, ripping off the same campaign which Michelle Obama came up with, whom her husband's supporters called the most degrading things for years, and look like she is an honorable first lady. Maybe, at the end of the day, she wishes she didn't sign that iron-clad pre-nup and could have an out. But just as likely is she loves the man she married, and has a lot of the same feelings as he does. After all if I was a racist, I'd want to be married to one as well wouldn't I.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'll keep my feelings for Melania to heavily politicized debate forums like this one because the general public won't see the nuances that paint her in an unflattering light. She is, at worst to most, a victim. And in the grand scheme of things I can live with that, there are way bigger fish to fry out there than some gold-digger like her. She can enjoy her parents being here from chain migration, while her husband tries to kill it for everyone not as privileged. She can fight for kids, ripping off the same campaign which Michelle Obama came up with, whom her husband's supporters called the most degrading things for years, and look like she is an honorable first lady. Maybe, at the end of the day, she wishes she didn't sign that iron-clad pre-nup and could have an out. But just as likely is she loves the man she married, and has a lot of the same feelings as he does. After all if I was a racist, I'd want to be married to one as well wouldn't I.
I had an irrational amount of sympathy for her. This post has made me see the error of my ways

Reactions: MrSquished
Jan 25, 2011
Apparently she’s slated to attend a gold star family event at the WH tomorrow evening so this should all be put to rest then.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Apparently she’s slated to attend a gold star family event at the WH tomorrow evening so this should all be put to rest then.

Life like animatronic robot. Machine learning + google cloud gives it life-like Melania intelligence (full sentences, mostly english).

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
If you're wondering whether Trump still humps the new Melania robot along with his daughter + various hoars the answer is Yes. Yes to all the things.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Dudes, what do shallow bitches that marry total pieces of shit for the money and don't care at all the piece of shit things their rich husbands do because all they want is the money do when they get older? They get plastic surgery. The shallow bitch got her face cut up and needs to hide away for a few weeks till that shit heals up. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I think it's either this or a failed suicide attempt. Assuming the initial report of the type of kidney treatment she was receiving was actually true (which should have been relatively benign visit--but that they were also keeping her overnight meant that, most likely, she was having nephrons re-routed while they recovered, due to sudden, acute, toxic shock. i.e: pills), then probably suicide. If not: getting her face stretched. I think that part is most likely.

Feb 4, 2009
Didn’t Trump just become Judge Dredd by claiming he is the law and cannot violate the law because it is him?
I bet Melania is dead

#sarcasm for the dummies out there

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I think a lot of people here blame Melania for the sins of here husband. I get that DJT is so vile that he poisons everything and everyone around him, and that every person close to him will be judged accordingly, but I do not think it's right. Melania is a person in her own right. We do not know circumstances behind her marriage to Trump. Maybe she did it willingly. Maybe she took a chance not knowing who he really is. Or maybe she knew, but it was the least bad choice she had. We don't know. Even if she did marry him for the money, that is still no reason to put her on the same level as Trump. Financial stability plays a big role in selecting life partner for a lot of regular middle class folks. The only difference with Melania is number of zeros attached to the number.

I think Melania has to be judged on her own. And the only two faults that I can recall reading about her is that she plagiarized Michelle Obama speeches, and that there was that one time when she peddled birther story about Obama. I do not know why she did either of those things, but otherwise she seems like a decent person to me. Granted, it could be because she doesn't like to stay in the spotlight, so we don't really know anything about her. However, I just don't see her as someone equivalent to Trump, and as such I don't think she deserves all the hatred that is being displayed in this thread.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think a lot of people here blame Melania for the sins of here husband. I get that DJT is so vile that he poisons everything and everyone around him, and that every person close to him will be judged accordingly, but I do not think it's right. Melania is a person in her own right. We do not know circumstances behind her marriage to Trump. Maybe she did it willingly. Maybe she took a chance not knowing who he really is. Or maybe she knew, but it was the least bad choice she had. We don't know. Even if she did marry him for the money, that is still no reason to put her on the same level as Trump. Financial stability plays a big role in selecting life partner for a lot of regular middle class folks. The only difference with Melania is number of zeros attached to the number.

I think Melania has to be judged on her own. And the only two faults that I can recall reading about her is that she plagiarized Michelle Obama speeches, and that there was that one time when she peddled birther story about Obama. I do not know why she did either of those things, but otherwise she seems like a decent person to me. Granted, it could be because she doesn't like to stay in the spotlight, so we don't really know anything about her. However, I just don't see her as someone equivalent to Trump, and as such I don't think she deserves all the hatred that is being displayed in this thread.

She doesn't deserve all the hatred she gets, but at the same time, she doesn't strike me as particularly ethical. Her husband has cheated on her, committed sexual assault, implied more than once that he'd like to bang his daughter, and of course he's both corrupt as well as a near-constant liar. If she were interested in making a principled stand, she'd immediately file for divorce and demand sole custody of Barron. At best, she feels trapped; at worst, she's happy to stay in a loveless, dishonest marriage as long as she gets her money.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
She doesn't deserve all the hatred she gets, but at the same time, she doesn't strike me as particularly ethical. Her husband has cheated on her, committed sexual assault, implied more than once that he'd like to bang his daughter, and of course he's both corrupt as well as a near-constant liar. If she were interested in making a principled stand, she'd immediately file for divorce and demand sole custody of Barron. At best, she feels trapped; at worst, she's happy to stay in a loveless, dishonest marriage as long as she gets her money.

nah. at worst she is the perfect little racist partner in crime Trump always wanted and she truly supports him in what he does.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
As I said, we don't know details about their marriage. Maybe she didn't sign up for all the cheating and lying. Maybe she did. Maybe they have an open marriage. Maybe she's given him free pass to bang other women every once in a while so long as he comes home to her and keeps affairs discreet (which could be why we haven't seen her in almost a month). Who knows? Bottom line is so long as they have both willingly consented to the rules of their marriage, it's none of anybody else's business and they shouldn't be judged for it. The only reason to judge them would be based on how they treat people outside of their marriage. We are all very painfully aware how Trump treats everybody else. That's an open and shut case. Melania on the other hand, aside from a few instances I've listed above, have remained fairly civil and dignified. I see no reason behind all the "serves her right, she knows what she signed up for" attitudes in this thread. She hasn't really done anything to anybody else to deserve that kind of vitriol.

Phenzyn

Mar 18, 2018

I actually completely agree with your first statement, as another fellow woman, although without children, I absolutely agree that this is Melania's POV. She just wants to be a mother right now.

However, Trump has been talking about running for President for at least the last 2 decades and probably much longer. He said he was going to run for President in the year 2000 and made a huge push for it then.

Melania married Trump in 2005. I don't believe for a moment that Melania wanted the spotlight or anything, this isn't Hillary Clinton of the 90's who probably wanted to do more with Bill's presidency then he did. She wanted socialized medicine before most anyone else. This was all, of course, before she lost her way and politics corrupted her. Any way, I don't pretend that Don's and Melania's relationship has a ton of communication or anything, but she should have known all along this was a possibility even though she probably thought it would never happen.

EDIT: I want to add another thing, this is a question to all but of course a woman's POV is the main thing I am looking for. I'm not married and I don't know if you are but, why is it such a preposterous idea that Melania leave Trump? Women get divorced every day for the reasons Melania currently has. She had more than enough reason to leave him before he was elected but stood by him for Trump's political ends. Why not just leave him now? I can only think of selfish reasons on her behalf that she won't, while the rest of the media has talked about her doing it for Trump's sake and because of the "optics" on his presidency. I think she likes her cushy life style and isn't willing to give it up despite the fact that she has to know it's true that he cheated on her, probably dozens of times. Especially given the timing of the Stormy thing.

As a fellow woman I would think you might take the other stance and see her for what she is, someone that just cares about money and a cushy life. She may have known going in what a dog Trump is and just doesn't care that he sleeps around which would make me lose even more respect for her. The only sympathy I have is that she grew up as a Russian model so she was taught from day one that she is an object for men and that's it, but she still made the choice to be a trophy wife.

I don't know what pre-nup she has but surely she should still have money coming even after a divorce, even if only from a book deal or something. Is she waiting for him to be impeached or for this term to end? Will she ever leave him?

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
As I said, we don't know details about their marriage. Maybe she didn't sign up for all the cheating and lying. Maybe she did. Maybe they have an open marriage. Maybe she's given him free pass to bang other women every once in a while so long as he comes home to her and keeps affairs discreet (which could be why we haven't seen her in almost a month). Who knows? Bottom line is so long as they have both willingly consented to the rules of their marriage, it's none of anybody else's business and they shouldn't be judged for it. The only reason to judge them would be based on how they treat people outside of their marriage. We are all very painfully aware how Trump treats everybody else. That's an open and shut case. Melania on the other hand, aside from a few instances I've listed above, have remained fairly civil and dignified. I see no reason behind all the "serves her right, she knows what she signed up for" attitudes in this thread. She hasn't really done anything to anybody else to deserve that kind of vitriol.

We don't know everything, but there are some clues -- for example, how chilly she is around Trump and how much things change away from him. There's the classic example of how she put on a fake smile for Trump while he was looking at her and immediately dropped it when he turned away. Or how she's swatted his hand away. She doesn't really enjoy being with him, so while she may keep it civil, she's not really in it for love.

Reactions: trenchfoot