Meg Whitman's former housekeeper hires Gloria Allred

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
I'm having a slow day. Read paragraph, looked at windows time, looked at press conference time, searched google news.

Why are the Californians not using real time!!!(EST)? ;)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Housekeeper, just another stinking housekeeper??????????

When everyone should know only Meg Whitman's Hairdresser knows for sure.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Ok, the housekeeper is saying that she's an illegal alien and is claiming that Whitman knew her status and fired her only when she was about to announce her candidacy for governor.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Ok, the housekeeper is saying that she's an illegal alien and is claiming that Whitman knew her status and fired her only when she was about to announce her candidacy for governor.

If true, that makes her a hypocrit. It won't affect the way I vote in November, however.

- wolf

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Gloria Allred is terrible as a lawyer. How the hell did she get to where she is?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Thats pretty fucked up. But what can we expect beside a 2 faced lying fuck wit.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The story has hit the major news outlets, so Meg Whitman will have to deal with it. One of the claims says the Whitman's received a letter from the IRS in 2003 saying their housekeepers Social Security number was bogus. Yet she was not fired until 2009.

And the other thing to note, why did the Whitman's just fire her when she became politically incorrect baggage, they would have been far better off paying her some hush money then.

But cheer up,maybe Meg Whitman can buy some integrity on ebay. And a few gallons of anti sleeze spray to wash her sins away.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
This kind of shit always happens around election time. Need more info, but lol at Meg Whitman if she really did botch this that poorly. She's fucking a billionaire, she couldn't afford to send the woman and her family on some long ass trip to shut them the fuck up?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
This kind of shit always happens around election time. Need more info, but lol at Meg Whitman if she really did botch this that poorly. She's fucking a billionaire, she couldn't afford to send the woman and her family on some long ass trip to shut them the fuck up?

Or how about this: why couldn't she afford to pay more for a maid that is a legal resident or citizen? People hire illegals because they are cheaper.

- wolf

JeepinEd

Dec 12, 2005
From what I heard on the news this morning, Whitman was paying the housekeeper $23/hour. Her housekeeper presented a SS#, Driver's license and all relevant paperwork. In November, the housekeeper told Whitman that she is an illegal and asked her if she can use her influence to help her get legalized. Whitman then fired her.

According to the transcript I read on what the housekeeper said, it pretty much jives with what I heard on the radio. I'll have to dig around to see if this is true.

In my view, this is a desperate attempt by the Dems to derail Whitman. Personally, I couldn't give a crap. Choosing between Moonbeam and Nutmeg is like choosing the evil you know vs the evil you don't know.

This state is sooooo F*&ked.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
From what I heard on the news this morning, Whitman was paying the housekeeper $23/hour. Her housekeeper presented a SS#, Driver's license and all relevant paperwork. In November, the housekeeper told Whitman that she is an illegal and asked her if she can use her influence to help her get legalized. Whitman then fired her.

According to the transcript I read on what the housekeeper said, it pretty much jives with what I heard on the radio. I'll have to dig around to see if this is true.

In my view, this is a desperate attempt by the Dems to derail Whitman. Personally, I couldn't give a crap. Choosing between Moonbeam and Nutmeg is like choosing the evil you know vs the evil you don't know.

This state is sooooo F*&ked.

You just repeated Whitman's side of the story, from an official comment by her campaign. The housekeeper's version is opposite.

The tie breaker, however, seems to be that Whitman received a letter from the SS office in 2003 saying that the housekeeper's SS # was bogus. Accordingly, even if the housekeeper lied when she was hired in 2000, Whitman knew she was illegal in 2003.

Whitman's contention that she first found out in 2009 doesn't make a ton of sense. Why would the housekeeper spontaneously tell her that she was an illegal in 2009 after she had concealed it for 9 years?

Here is conservative blogger Michelle Malkin's comment:

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/09/29/meg-whitmans-illegal-alien-maid-problem/

- wolf

JeepinEd

Dec 12, 2005
You just repeated Whitman's side of the story, from an official comment by her campaign. The housekeeper's version is opposite.

The tie breaker, however, seems to be that Whitman received a letter from the SS office in 2003 saying that the housekeeper's SS # was bogus. Accordingly, even if the housekeeper lied when she was hired in 2000, Whitman knew she was illegal in 2003.

Whitman's contention that she first found out in 2009 doesn't make a ton of sense. Why would the housekeeper spontaneously tell her that she was an illegal in 2009 after she had concealed it for 9 years?

Here is conservative blogger Michelle Malkin's comment:

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/09/29/meg-whitmans-illegal-alien-maid-problem/

- wolf

The part about illegal housekeepers letting their bosses know after XX years to see if they can get help, I have witnessed first hand. Truthfully, as much as I am against illegal immigration, after knowing someone for so long, I would have probably been inclined to help her.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

LOL at the financially abused allegation. How often do you see a housekeeper making nearly $48K per year?

If she did receive that letter, then it'll just serve to highlight her hypocritical stance on immigration. Unfortunately, as bad as she is, she is still no worse than Jerry Brown.

Did I mention that this state is F$&ked?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Or how about this: why couldn't she afford to pay more for a maid that is a legal resident or citizen? People hire illegals because they are cheaper.

- wolf

That too wolf, I'm just stating she was already in that position and she had the funds to handle it.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Billionaire's do administrative tasks in their households?

Seriously.

I think Whitman was busy being a CEO back in 2003 as well.

I'm pretty sure the IRS does not send out letters saying a SS# is "bogus". They will send a letter saying it's incorrect/doesn't match, but not "bogus" or illegal etc. It's just a computer generates form letter.

The IRS letter also doesn't necessarily mean that the SS# was wrong etc; it could have been that the accountant completing the payroll forms made a mistake and entered it incorrectly.

Also, unless the same letter was sent every year by the IRS, one might assume the problem with the SS# was cleared up.

Fern

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Earth to Fern, even if it was a form letter, it still does not explain why Whitman did nothing for six years. Maybe Whitman just stopped paying Social security and the problem went away for six more years.

But clearly a case where hiring illegal aliens is only wrong for the little people.

But cheer up Fern, this just day one of the scandal, we will know much more in the coming weeks. Point granted, maybe new facts will clear Whitman, but then again, new facts will place Meg in far deeper do do.

Records may in deed be subpoenaed in various legal venues, which may elevate it above a she said she said.

Time will tell.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Earth to Fern, even if it was a form letter, it still does not explain why Whitman did nothing for six years. Maybe Whitman just stopped paying Social security and the problem went away for six more years.

But clearly a case where hiring illegal aliens is only wrong for the little people.

But cheer up Fern, this just day one of the scandal, we will know much more in the coming weeks. Point granted, maybe new facts will clear Whitman, but then again, new facts will place Meg in far deeper do do.

Records may in deed be subpoenaed in various legal venues, which may elevate it above a she said she said.

Time will tell.

Or maybe she personally never saw the letter? If she has house keepers, maybe one of them snaked it?

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Shouldn't the left be cheering her for her support of immigration? She probably didn't want to get rid of this lady sooner because she didn't want to be sued by the Feds for discrimination.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
BFDD poses a testable hypothesis with "Or maybe she personally never saw the letter? If she has house keepers, maybe one of them snaked it?

In that case the Whitman's would have kept paying Social security, but if they stopped paying social security after the letter, there goes the someone else snaked the letter hypothesis.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
BFDD poses a testable hypothesis with "Or maybe she personally never saw the letter? If she has house keepers, maybe one of them snaked it?

In that case the Whitman's would have kept paying Social security, but if they stopped paying social security after the letter, there goes the someone else snaked the letter hypothesis.

True. I'm not saying someone did snake it, just saying it's possible. Just curious, but do we know if she was directly hiring/paying these people or if she was having someone else manage them?