Mayne's 2 Posts Per Day Life Thread

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
kinda stoned right. I'm dealing with it..but sometimes it hits you right out of the blue

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
my new roommate is fucking insane...hiding out in my room right now.

Okay ... you can't go and post something like this without providing details! :D

The-Shining-008.jpg

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
welcome back!
QW1v1XH.png

long story short..hdmi cable lol

freakin display cables! i had a problem for a year that i thought was my fancy ultrawide monitor messing up.

nope, turns out my computer chair suspension causes electro-magnetic interference whenever my fat butt stands up or sits down

replacing my cheapo cable with a quality cable fixed it

Reactions: Mayne

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Similarly, I had an intermittent issue with my display either briefly showing a black screen once in a while, or just going solid green... and it turned out to be the HDMI cable. I hadn't been using a cheapo cable, and it was fairly new. Ordered a new cable after nothing else seemed to fix it, and boom, issues gone.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
welcome back!
QW1v1XH.png

freakin display cables! i had a problem for a year that i thought was my fancy ultrawide monitor messing up.

nope, turns out my computer chair suspension causes electro-magnetic interference whenever my fat butt stands up or sits down

replacing my cheapo cable with a quality cable fixed it

DP is the weirdest thing. At work we all have 1 monitor that will randomly flicker. We've moved to different PCs, different monitors, and even different desks, and even different locations. This problem has always stayed around. It's always just 1 monitor too. Though come to think of it I have not had it happen in a while... every now and then it also won't come back on it's own and I need to turn it off and back on, and DP does this dumb thing where when you turn on a monitor it tells the OS that it's been disconnected, and it shuffles all your windows all over the place and makes a huge mess. At that point it's actually easier to just reboot the whole machine and start over.

Reactions: brianmanahan