Mass Effect 3 gameplay trailer!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I pre-ordered the CE version could not resist that.

masseffect3_ce_v2.jpg

I enjoyed both ME and ME2,ME3 story from what we have seen looks to be great,as we know carries over from the first two games.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
That's true. In my case though, only two companions from ME1, and one from ME2 died. So potentially I'm looking at some 11 companions for a start - then comes the added newcomers in ME3. I thought the crowd was getting rather big in ME2 already.

Spoiler warning:

If I'm not mistaken, there's actually the possibility that everyone save for one dies throughout ME1 (Ashley or Keidan) and that every companion survives ME2.

I certainly applaud Bioware for not simply writing companions out of the series - I just hope there'll be resources for enough interaction with each one, given how many there are.

Liara never can die in either ME1 or ME2. Garrus and Tali can't die in ME1, but they can die as easily as the rest of the squad in ME2.

Arg Clin

Oct 24, 2010
Liara never can die in either ME1 or ME2. Garrus and Tali can't die in ME1, but they can die as easily as the rest of the squad in ME2.
Indeed. But they can also live. Potentially you'll loose only a single companion throughout ME1+2 if things play out in a particular way.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Oh, my mistake. I thought you were saying everyone except one squad member could die in ME1.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Lots of interesting stuff in those trailers & walkthroughs.

Garrus & Liara definitely squadmates.
Mordin & Wrex & Ashley & Legion in game but not confirmed squaddies.
Ashley no longer looks like a dog.
Cerberus is working with the Reapers, one aspect of the game is to find out why.
Normandy 2 is back and seems to be playing a roll as a weapon (targeting laser?).

If you've been approaching the ME series as Bioware's take on an action game, instead of an RPG-purist's wet dream, then this game is looking like its gonna be the tits.

*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

In one of the videos in which we see Shepard, Garrus and Liara on a mission on Sur'Kesh (Salarian homeworld, that's the mission where Shepard, his teammates and Mordin are trying to secure a Krogan queen, nicknamed "Eve" from what we know so far) we can hear Shepard saying that Cerberus has been indoctrinated, hence why they are "capable of anything". We still don't know which "cells" of the Cerberus network/organization were indoctrinated however.