March 21 2010 Dawn of a New America

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Mentioning it is fine. It's substantiating it that seems to be your problem - among other things. ;)

I have to substainate something? LOL@U Substantiate what exactly??

You can shovel all the BS you like but you haven't made a valid point yet except in the minds of your fellow kool-aid drinkers. I'm really getting bored of your feeble attempts at being coy. You're just another right wingnut sore loser pissing in the wind.

How's that for "endearing"?? :D:D:D

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
Substantiate what it is that you mean when you say "moral obligation". If I want my house painted, do I have a moral obligation to pay for my painter's health care even if the painter has consented to a price for his services? What about if I have ten houses painted? What about if I have so many houses that the painter paints for me full time? At what point does this moral obligation kick in? If it is such a self-evident concept, why is the line so fuzzy (assuming it is even there in the first place - which is a long shot).
You can shovel all the BS you like but you haven't made a valid point yet except in the minds of your fellow kool-aid drinkers.
I see you don't understand what a "valid point" is...
I'm really getting bored of your feeble attempts at being coy.
I'm not being coy. I posted a reasonable, civil post responding to your last vaguely sensible post and you have yet to respond to anything substantial at all. In fact you are the one being coy with your dictionary regurgitation of "moral". That was a shameless dodge and you know it. Of course you don't have a coherent underlying political philosophy from which to explain your mystery morality so I'm not surprised...
You're just another right wingnut sore loser pissing in the wind.
Where do you get that I am right wing? Many powerful Republicans would decry my politics as immoral liberal iconoclastic hokum. Oh, and I'm "soft on crime" too (at least in Republican terms)!
How's that for "endearing"?? :D:D:D
It's about par for the course so far. :eek:

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I just love pissing off little pricks you. :D LOSERS!!!!

You actually don't piss me off. You're the forum jester and I love seeing you make a complete, utter fool out of yourself in every single thread I see your posts in. You're absolutely hysterical and people laugh at you, and you're too dense to see it. Bravo, sir!

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yeah, apparently mentioning something like "morals" around a circlejerk of tightie righties wasn't a good idea. I guess they don't like to be reminded of what they sold so cheaply??

You have no clue what the word "morals" means. It is immoral for people like you to take money from people like me to provide yourself with things. Do you donate to charity? If not, why not?

But what do I have to worry about -- I still have my awesome health insurance and Obama said he wouldn't raise taxes to pay for this, right? So you see, I win either way. If Obama is telling the truth, I don't spend an extra dime. If Obama is lying, it is just more proof that your heroes are nothing but slimy politicians.

I noticed you ignored several of my questions. No need to answer -- diversion and evasiveness is what I expect from you. Once again, you've fulfilled expectations.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
You actually don't piss me off. You're the forum jester and I love seeing you make a complete, utter fool out of yourself in every single thread I see your posts in. You're absolutely hysterical and people laugh at you, and you're too dense to see it. Bravo, sir!

I dont think he knows everyone snickers at him yet.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

Let's start off with all of the questions you've conveniently ignored (and trust me, I already know what your response will be):

1. Who is "forcing" someone to work a job with no benefits? Please provide links. You still have not proven that one single person is "forced" to work a job without benefits. Forced means something is making them work against their will. You made the claim, you prove it. Saying "The employer is making them!" is not an answer. Again, PROVE IT you idiot. If you'd like, I can link a definition of the word PROVE.

2. How does this bill help these people afford health insurance? Cyclowizard asked you to elaborate on this question. Nothing but insults from you. Saying "Well maybe it is just a start" IS NOT AN ANSWER you dimwit! Just say "You don't know" or if you want to stick with "Well maybe it is just a start," have the guts to admit you don't think it DOES help now.

3. Also as an FYI, there are a lot of high-paying jobs that don't provide benefits (certain consulting jobs). Do they 'deserve' benefits too? You never answered this question. I wanted to see just how consistent you are with your "morals." Answer it.

4. Where is that "moral obligation" for companies to provide insurance for their employees again? Congress is not requiring a single company to provide insurance. Companies can opt out a pay a pittance of a fee with no legal ramifications otherwise. So unless you can refute the information I posted, you are once again DEAD WRONG. It is requiring individuals to provide their own insurance if their company doesn't. I linked the appropriate text. Again, you were proved DEAD WRONG.

5. Care to tell me exactly what I will be paying for? This question was posed to your pal McOwned and I posed it to you later in another post. Care to tell me what exactly I will be paying for? According to Obama my taxes won't be going up and I can keep my own insurance. Are you saying he is lying?

You can shovel all the BS you like but you haven't made a valid point yet except in the minds of your fellow kool-aid drinkers. I'm really getting bored of your feeble attempts at being coy. You're just another right wingnut sore loser pissing in the wind.

You make McOwned look like a genius. Seriously, the entire forum knows you're an ignorant, uneducated hick that can spout sound bites with the best of them but when pressed, has to resort to insults and name calling in order to try to weasel his way out. Every single thread I've ever conversed with you in, you've been an ass and have been completely and utterly owned and destroyed in, and it has been a pleasure to watch and laugh.

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Care to tell me exactly what I will be paying for?

According to Obama my taxes won't be going up and I can keep my own insurance. Are you saying he is lying?
Your taxes won't go up but your health care costs will.

That goes for all Americans Democrat & Republican alike.

You can keep the insurance you currently have but at a much higher rate.

You will be paying your fair share for a change.

What a concept.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

What a concept.

Cool, except that my employer picks up 100% of my premiums and every year, I pay a little more out of pocket, just like other people. So in other words, I have been paying my fair share and am in the same boat as most people.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Sounds to me like you have nothing to whine about so why are you whining like a baby?

Because unlike you, I can do simple math and employ simple reasoning. There is no way they can provide health care for every man, woman, and child without a tax increase -- unless, of course, they ask our Chinese masters for more money.

Besides that, I am against it on principle. I do NOT want the government telling me what insurance to buy, for example, nor do I want them involved in any of those decisions. I do NOT want the government providing me with services at the expense of others. In other words, I want the government to leave me the hell alone and let me live my life. A government safety net? Fine, I agree, people fall into hard times and we need a safety net for those guys as long as they were productive members of society, disabled, or children. Government providing things from cradle to grave? NO.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Because unlike you, I can do simple math and employ simple reasoning. There is no way they can provide health care for every man, woman, and child without a tax increase -- unless, of course, they ask our Chinese masters for more money.

Besides that, I am against it on principle. I do NOT want the government telling me what insurance to buy, for example, nor do I want them involved in any of those decisions. I do NOT want the government providing me with services at the expense of others. In other words, I want the government to leave me the hell alone and let me live my life. A government safety net? Fine, I agree, people fall into hard times and we need a safety net for those guys as long as they were productive members of society, disabled, or children. Government providing things from cradle to grave? NO.

Good post.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

What a concept.

I'll buy you a ticket to Somalia right now if you promise never to come back.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally Posted by CADsortaGUY
Hopefully the courts will uphold the Constitution and rule this bill unconstitutional.

Hopefully they already have their bags packed

maybe they can even get a cheap deal on bags from all those that said they were heading out after the second bush election.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
There's no sense in arguing with someone whose sig just goes to show that they dont understand that some people value state's rights. Scott Brown being for healthcare in MA and being against the federal healthcare isnt a contradiction at all. Again, state's rights. Whats so fucking hard about that to understand?

Figured I'd try again. I know he dodges questions he cant answer, but whatever

nobodyknows, why do you have a sig that only demonstrates your incompetence of the 10th amendment?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Figured I'd try again. I know he dodges questions he cant answer, but whatever

I already told you. I don't want to waste a lot of my time arguing with fools. I'm wise enough to know that I can't change a fool's mind.

Health care passed, get over it. Smart people should be discussing exactly what is it and how it will work.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I already told you. I don't want to waste a lot of my time arguing with fools. I'm wise enough to know that I can't change a fool's mind.

Health care passed, get over it. Smart people should be discussing exactly what is it and how it will work.

So you dont have an answer?

I should have known.

Come on dude, it cant be that hard. Your sig shows you dont have a grasp on the 10th amendment, keep wandering around the forums displaying your retardation in every post you make.

Last edited:

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
There's no sense in arguing with someone whose sig just goes to show that they dont understand that some people value state's rights. Scott Brown being for healthcare in MA and being against the federal healthcare isnt a contradiction at all. Again, state's rights. Whats so fucking hard about that to understand?

So what you are saying is that the federal government regulating healthcare is unconstitutional? Wow, then Medicare must be REALLY REALLY unconstitutional!!

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
So you dont have an answer?

I should have known.

Come on dude, it cant be that hard. Your sig shows you dont have a grasp on the 10th amendment, keep wandering around the forums displaying your retardation in every post you make.

Still awaiting your answer nobodyknows, stop dodging it to toss personal attacks.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
So what you are saying is that the federal government regulating healthcare is unconstitutional? Wow, then Medicare must be REALLY REALLY unconstitutional!!

He's just following the script given to him by his task masters. Don't expect too much.