Kh.Ali Abbas

Mar 14, 2020
Hey guys!
So can I use Marble top with Aluminium legs as my PC desk/table? I'll be using PC and other electronics like Laptop and iPad charger and stuff on it. So I'm kinda worried that it might shock me or short my PC or other electronics?

Solution
Yes you can use marble. Place felt feet on the aluminium legs. Don't have standing water on the top deep enough to reach the power supply. You'll be fine.

I'm actually typing this sitting at my granite desk top.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Marble is an insulator material, so wouldn't worry much about conducting electricity.

I'd be more concerned about the weight of the slab you're contemplating using. Stuff is heavy.

Reactions: Kh.Ali Abbas

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yes you can use marble. Place felt feet on the aluminium legs. Don't have standing water on the top deep enough to reach the power supply. You'll be fine.

Reactions: Kh.Ali Abbas
Solution

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013

Yep, that's what happens when you order the countertop too small, you're stuck with it :p

Reactions: Thump553

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yep, that's what happens when you order the countertop too small, you're stuck with it :p
This one was actually planned. I have twenty feet of two foot wide granite in my home office, divided into three work stations. The original plan was to use Formica tops, but I got the granite for sixty bucks more. Four walnut base cabinets, a couple floating shelves with LED lights on the bottom, four can lights in the ceiling, and viola, one deluxe home office.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
This one was actually planned. I have twenty feet of two foot wide granite in my home office, divided into three work stations. The original plan was to use Formica tops, but I got the granite for sixty bucks more. Four walnut base cabinets, a couple floating shelves with LED lights on the bottom, four can lights in the ceiling, and viola, one deluxe home office.
Sounds nice !
Don't forget the coasters on that granite ;)