Man Wins Fight With Vicious Pit Bull

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
He sounds like my grandpa. He is a life long truck driver and his hands are like vise grips. Each finger is like a hinged steel bar. He is like 80 now and I still wouldn't want to tangle with him.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
anyone who has been attacked by a dog knows the ferocity and sheer shock they can display.
i have been attacked by a few..and it aint fun :(

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: MBrown
Its not the dog. Its the owner + breeder.

Then why are dogs bred for certain personality traits? Are you throwing thousands of years of selective breeding out of the window for the sake of political correctness?

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
I think it's probably time to say that anyone who currently owns a pit bull may keep it until its death but there will be no more breeding.

I know pit bull owners and dog owners in general want to blame it on other owners, but come on. This isn't a gun that can't do anything without command, this is another living creature. You can't always control it, despite what anyone says. Pit bulls are naturally aggressive dogs and we, as a society, should seriously consider whether or not we want these dogs in our neighborhoods. I wouldn't want one in mine.

funkbass81

Apr 4, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Friggin pits. Ban the damn things already, either that, or exhile the idiots who don't qualify to own such a dog.

I don't know, I've seen some pretty docile pitts, they shouldn't be banned... they're good dogs when raised well. It's a tricky situation. Breeding probably has a lot to do with it.
they're all time bombs.

funny its been ten years and mine hasnt gone off yet. should i fear for my family? :roll:

btw, this past week my aunt spent some quality time in the hospital getting 25 stitches in her face because a lhasa apso decided to take a chunk out of it. lhasa apso, all 8 pounds of him.

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
Originally posted by: funkbass81
Friggin pits. Ban the damn things already, either that, or exhile the idiots who don't qualify to own such a dog.

I don't know, I've seen some pretty docile pitts, they shouldn't be banned... they're good dogs when raised well. It's a tricky situation. Breeding probably has a lot to do with it.
they're all time bombs.

funny its been ten years and mine hasnt gone off yet. should i fear for my family? :roll:

btw, this past week my aunt spent some quality time in the hospital getting 25 stitches in her face because a lhasa apso decided to take a chunk out of it. lhasa apso, all 8 pounds of him.

lol wtf? those little furry critters? :laugh:

funkbass81

Apr 4, 2006
Originally posted by: us3rnotfound

they're all time bombs.

exactly. listening some of the hand-wringers on this boars, no other dog bites :roll:

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: us3rnotfound

they're all time bombs.

exactly. listening some of the hand-wringers on this boars, no other dog bites :roll:

Yeah beacuse you hear all the time about wild pugs attacking a small kid in the neighborhood.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005

they're all time bombs.

The big difference being that the Ihasa apso may be able to cut your aunt and cause pain but your aunt's life was never in danger. If you have a pit bull mauling you in the same manner, you are in serious trouble.

BTW, how did that little 8 lb dog attack your aunt's face? I don't know about you, but I never let a dog get close to my face. I see people all the time that like to grab dogs and hold them up close, even rubbing noses. I think that's crazy. These are still wild animals and you can't always predict their behavior.

But as far as anecdotal evidence goes, my mother was bitten by a pit bull. Our neighbors owned one. My mother went over to cut my neighbor's hair and when the owner answered the door, the pitbull came running around the corner and aggressively attacked my mom at the front door. It took the owner and the owner's son to regain control of the dog but my mom already had huge bite marks in her leg. The owner had to get rid of the dog.

As far as my experience, when I was in 5th or 6th grade, I was selling some sort of food for school (can't remember what). I went to a neighbor's house down the street and I knew this neighbor owned a german shepard named Bo. When I rang the door bell, Bo came charging around the side of the house barking at me. Being a little kid, I immediately ran as fast as I could away from the house. I imagine the dog immediately thought I was prey, small and running away. He chased me but quit barking. I think at this point he just wanted to play. He stopped when I reached the edge of the yard. The point is, do you think a pit bull would not take me in that situation? I displayed perfect prey behavior and I thank God that the dog wasn't a pit bull.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
baller

his wife shouldve elbowed it in the balls while he was holding on

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
pic of badass

more quotes on struggle here

TONS of pitbull news on news.google.com . one guy is facing charges for firing a single shot at a pitbull. it was a neighborhood dog, had broken into the guy's backyard and was acting aggressive. with the history of pitbulls encounter, would you take a chance and try to calm it? dude is facing charges

2 in the UK took 18 shots from the police before they were downed

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

So I could take an alligator egg, raise the baby from the time it hatched, and it'd be perfectly safe as a pet?
How about a tiger's kitten?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7

So I could take an alligator egg, raise the baby from the time it hatched, and it'd be perfectly safe as a pet?
oh burn.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BigDH01
I think it's probably time to say that anyone who currently owns a pit bull may keep it until its death but there will be no more breeding.

I know pit bull owners and dog owners in general want to blame it on other owners, but come on. This isn't a gun that can't do anything without command, this is another living creature. You can't always control it, despite what anyone says. Pit bulls are naturally aggressive dogs and we, as a society, should seriously consider whether or not we want these dogs in our neighborhoods. I wouldn't want one in mine.

That's the real point. I agree. A gun won't go off if nobody touches it. It won't dig its way out of the gun safe and hunt neighbors down on its own if not properly trained. Therein lies the real problem w/ pitbulls.

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
You guys don't understand anything about Pitt Bulls. They aren't as bad as the media would have you believe, and honestly real pitt bulls aren't really supposed to be over 50 pounds, but sometimes you would have an anomaly, but never 80 pounds. These are mutts that were bred for size that are attacking. If you look at the history a dog that fights the Pitt Bull dog should never attack a person, and if it does, the dog will be killed, it's too dangerous when people have to be in the ring with the dog. Look at the history. Also oftentimes it's not even Pitt Bulls that are attacking, but it gets misreported as being an American Bulldog or something else.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Perfect comparison. Nothing like comparing apples to kiwi fruit. :roll:

I don't believe in a bad breed, just bad owners. I own a Pit Bull and I've NEVER seen an aggressive action from her. I would rather this dude have strangled the owner instead of the dog.

There's no such thing as a bad dog, just poorly trained owners.