Man How F'ed up is this...... Am I being screwed over.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: AMDman12GHz
put that money towards college....what a waste

WOW thanks, you are so helpful.

seriously, what the hell do you need a mustang for? your insurance is going to rape you

WTF do you have against him wanting a mustang? I had 2 Mustang GT's between the ages of 17 and 22. If you can afford to pay it, which he already pointed out if you bothered reading, who the hell cares?

He needs it because they are fun as hell to drive. Maybe you don't understand it in your pansy ass Kia, but the rest of us like to have some push back when we nail the throttle.

YES! Thank you, I stated that I can afford it and its what I want. I want something newer than my 92, im also adding a kenne bell superhcarger, so lets see whats slow about it then ;)

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: allisolm
I have some credit, which is good, but no auto credit yet.

Okay, I guess I missed the memo on this. Is there auto credit which is different from regular credit and what's the difference?

Yea the dealership, said I need to purchase a few thousand $ cars from them to build auto credit. Since I don't have any... I don't want 2 or 3 cars that I dont want just to get the one I want.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
So I want to buy a new car. I have decided on getting a new mustang GT. I love my 92 5.0 but decided I want something new and nicer.

I went looking around at dealerships and found a 03 Gt with 12,000 miles that I liked. It was mint besides one very minor scratch (VERY MINOR). I got the dealer talked down to 17,500 on it. Which I thought was a fairly good deal on the car.

Well we went to talk about financing with him. HE KNEW I WAS 19, AND WAS THE ONE WANTING THE CAR! Well he said that chances of me getting it by myself would be slim, so my parents, both mom and dad cosigned for me. It was in my name but they where cosigning. Well the credit approval was denied! But the deal said that my dad could put it solely in HIS name, not doing me any good building auto credit, I have some credit, which is good, but no auto credit yet.

Well the more we investigated it we found out the reason the dealership denied me was because they, the dealership hardly EVER gives a 19 year old a GT, because statistically they get returned due to non payment, This is no matter the down payment, no matter how many cosigners and no matter the cosigners auto credit. Well I got in touch with Ford Motor credit and they told me the same thing. Well tell me does the friggin car have a sticker on the window that says must be 21+ to purchase no matter the situation.

So basically there is no way for me to get the car I want other than someone else putting it in their name, is what I have been told. Someone putting it in their name does me no good auto credit wise.

Basically I was hoping someone could help me with this situation. I make enough to pay the payments/insurance (Insurances for me on my own policy on this car is $100-$125 a month). The car payments would be around $300 a month aprox. Depending on interest rate.... I gross around $1,600 a month not counting overtime, which can be like 10-25 hours a month....

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Sonof a!!!!
I seriously hope that was a mistake about insurance. Because for me for full coverage (22, PERFECT record, never even had a parking ticket! No that it would count :) on a 2000 Maxima I pay $1,750 by myself on insurance....

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Balthazar
So I want to buy a new car. I have decided on getting a new mustang GT. I love my 92 5.0 but decided I want something new and nicer.

I went looking around at dealerships and found a 03 Gt with 12,000 miles that I liked. It was mint besides one very minor scratch (VERY MINOR). I got the dealer talked down to 17,500 on it. Which I thought was a fairly good deal on the car.

Well we went to talk about financing with him. HE KNEW I WAS 19, AND WAS THE ONE WANTING THE CAR! Well he said that chances of me getting it by myself would be slim, so my parents, both mom and dad cosigned for me. It was in my name but they where cosigning. Well the credit approval was denied! But the deal said that my dad could put it solely in HIS name, not doing me any good building auto credit, I have some credit, which is good, but no auto credit yet.

Well the more we investigated it we found out the reason the dealership denied me was because they, the dealership hardly EVER gives a 19 year old a GT, because statistically they get returned due to non payment, This is no matter the down payment, no matter how many cosigners and no matter the cosigners auto credit. Well I got in touch with Ford Motor credit and they told me the same thing. Well tell me does the friggin car have a sticker on the window that says must be 21+ to purchase no matter the situation.

So basically there is no way for me to get the car I want other than someone else putting it in their name, is what I have been told. Someone putting it in their name does me no good auto credit wise.

Basically I was hoping someone could help me with this situation. I make enough to pay the payments/insurance (Insurances for me on my own policy on this car is $100-$125 a month). The car payments would be around $300 a month aprox. Depending on interest rate.... I gross around $1,600 a month not counting overtime, which can be like 10-25 hours a month....

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Sonof a!!!!
I seriously hope that was a mistake about insurance. Because for me for full coverage (22, PERFECT record, never even had a parking ticket! No that it would count :) on a 2000 Maxima I pay $1,750 by myself on insurance....

Nope it is $125 a month for full coverage, no deductable. $100 a month for $500 deductable. Thats on my own, NEW policy, If I stayed on my parents policy it would be aroun $75 or so.

Josh

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

seriously, what the hell do you need a mustang for? your insurance is going to rape you

WTF do you have against him wanting a mustang? I had 2 Mustang GT's between the ages of 17 and 22. If you can afford to pay it, which he already pointed out if you bothered reading, who the hell cares?

He needs it because they are fun as hell to drive. Maybe you don't understand it in your pansy ass Kia, but the rest of us like to have some push back when we nail the throttle.

Hah, but you bought a Mustang, so, I guess you decided that "push back" wasnt that important huh :)

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Sonof a!!!!

Nope it is $125 a month for full coverage, no deductable. $100 a month for $500 deductable. Thats on my own, NEW policy, If I stayed on my parents policy it would be aroun $75 or so.

Josh

Who the heck do you go through, god I'm getting RAPED....I mean I knew I was getting raped but, good lord....if the Progressive HQ spontaneously ignites in the next month everybody pretend like I wasnt here.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
I have some credit, which is good, but no auto credit yet.

Okay, I guess I missed the memo on this. Is there auto credit which is different from regular credit and what's the difference?

Yea the dealership, said I need to purchase a few thousand $ cars from them to build auto credit. Since I don't have any... I don't want 2 or 3 cars that I dont want just to get the one I want.

Yeah dont listen to the dealership.
The problem is, credit card "credit" is crap credit (unless its bad, then magically it counts). "Auto credit" is kind of a misnomer. If you owned a house, I REALLY doubt you would have trouble getting a reasonable car loan.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Thank you, I stated that I can afford it and its what I want.

Just a thought - but don't you suppose the other 19-yr olds who bought (and subsequently didn't pay for) GTs said the same thing?

Yea the dealership, said I need to purchase a few thousand $ cars from them to build auto credit.

Some life advice - do not believe everything you are told at a car dealership.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

Just a thought - but don't you suppose the other 19-yr olds who bought (and subsequently didn't pay for) GTs said the same thing?

Yea the dealership, said I need to purchase a few thousand $ cars from them to build auto credit.

^ Sage-like advice. Hehehe, yeah, dealers suck....

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Sonof a!!!!

Josh

Who the heck do you go through, god I'm getting RAPED....I mean I knew I was getting raped but, good lord....if the Progressive HQ spontaneously ignites in the next month everybody pretend like I wasnt here.

Statefarm

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001

Ohh I have managed my budget very well and I can afford it. I'm not beliveing what the dealership is saying, I plan on going with other methods, but they should just have a sign saying must be 21+ to finance through us, and if they know I can't do it why even bother sending the app through without telling us it want work!

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I missed something, why is insurance giving you $10K? Sounded like your 92 was fine but you wanted to upgrade, not that it was stolen/totaled

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
you want something you don't need and don't have the money to pay for. they're not going to give it to you.

excuse me for not feeling sympathetic.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dman
I missed something, why is insurance giving you $10K? Sounded like your 92 was fine but you wanted to upgrade, not that it was stolen/totaled

he said they would give him a loan of 10k

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Get a loan from somewhere else like a bank, getting financed from a dealership isn't required, and actually you can probably get price down another 500 if you get a loan elsewhere because you can tell the dealer you can pay right there with a check.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

Thanks for your help,
Josh

Sonof a!!!!

Josh

Statefarm

dude you seriously might want to check again.

Where do you live?

I know here in atlanta, any of my friends (19-20) with no tickets ALL pay more than that (2000 maxima, 2001 focus svt, 2002 sentra) for full coverage.

Hell, I pay more than that for LIABILITY on my 98 200sx.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
You could try Capital One auto loans. They are always sending me junk telling me I'm preapproved for an auto loan or something like that. I don't know how much they'd want for an interest rate though.

It's BS that they will only try Ford motor credit. Any decent dealership would try other banks. Some dealerships have systems that allow them to scan all the banks.

As for your choice of cars there is nothing wrong with a Mustang GT. Sounds like you have an older Mustang so you probably know how to drive it reasonably carefully.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
First off, some of you need to shut the hell up. It's none of your damn business whether he "needs" the mustang or not. If he wants it and can afford it, that's his choice.

Secondly, Freejack is right ^^^. Try Peoplefirst.com (Capital One Financing). They are usually pretty good.

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
First off, some of you need to shut the hell up. It's none of your damn business whether he "needs" the mustang or not. If he wants it and can afford it, that's his choice.

Secondly, Freejack is right ^^^. Try Peoplefirst.com (Capital One Financing). They are usually pretty good.

you really don't belong in a forum like this. people who give good advice and know what there talking about don't seem to fit in ;)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

you really don't belong in a forum like this. people who give good advice and know what there talking about don't seem to fit in ;)

Still pissed off that no one would tell you where to find poison ivy seeds?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

Still pissed off that no one would tell you where to find poison ivy seeds?

what the... :Q AHAHAHAHHAA Link please??

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002

he needs a mustang cause he doesn't want to run every where?