Looks like Borderlands 2 is official!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I dislike guns without scopes in general since it's much harder (for me anyway) to aim for a critical hit with iron sights.

After finishing Robolution with my Siren I've started a new playthrough as a Soldier. It's more challenging not being able to phasewalk my way out of a tight spot, and losing daze and the stronger elemental effects. I did get an ammo regen class mod early though (level 18?) which is very nice. I never found a Siren mod with ammo regen that I liked, so relied on regen weapons.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
yeah, Defiler's are great. probably my second favorite weapon.

I also really love the Firehawk--epic machine pistol, fire--I have a scoped one that is a blast to use. they don't proc as well as Hellfire or Defiler, iirc, but I generally like all machine pistols, so it's fun.

for me: SMG > revolver~machine pistol > sniper > ...meh.

I had a nice Firehawk as well. It was my backup when my SMG ammo was gone and I didn't have time to sit and let it regen.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
After finishing Robolution with my Siren I've started a new playthrough as a Soldier. It's more challenging not being able to phasewalk my way out of a tight spot, and losing daze and the stronger elemental effects. I did get an ammo regen class mod early though (level 18?) which is very nice. I never found a Siren mod with ammo regen that I liked, so relied on regen weapons.

I had a bit of trouble on my Soldier in the beginning as well... mostly because the Siren really spoils you. I found that high accuracy assault rifles tend to work the best, and I almost treat them like sniper rifles. My favorite is The Destroyer, because it will unload the entire clip while zoomed in (kind of like that one sniper rifle -- except the sniper rifle is kinda weak in comparison), and it has high accuracy.

Unfortunately, I started DLC3 with my Soldier, and I noticed that I could barely kill a drone with my Destroyer with a full clip. My Hunter could two-shot them with a level 20-something Defiler. :p So, I ended up getting my Hunter to 69 and giving him a new Defiler so I could pass mine down.

Definitely try and keep a Support Gunner class mod around. It's helpful if you ever want to switch weapon types since it grants ammo regen to any weapon type.