Looks like Borderlands 2 is official!

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I really enjoyed Borderlands, but there are a lot of little glitches that made the game less enjoyable then what it should have been. I think the weapons need a little more balancing.

Maybe Borderlands 2 will improve on the original and make for a more enjoyable experience.

The original borderlands is a fun game, but it really shines in multiplayer. When the game was originally released, to host a multiplayer game, you had to open ports in your firewall,,, which was a hassle. I dont think there was a dedicated server option. So this meant that you could not rent a borderlands server.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
awesome. I hope there is more of a story to this one. I thought production of the first was over-the-top--excellent character design, great voice, dialogue, and some unique, awesome characters (Knoxx is great. Just going through that mission and uncovering all of his recordings, then meeting the guy for the first time = lulz).

I hope it isn't MMO, though I don't think it would be a terrible thing.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
They should spice co-op a little bit. Make it so you can split up into groups and compete for the same bounties or maybe have to race each other. Not the entire time but on occassion.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I really enjoyed Borderlands, but there are a lot of little glitches that made the game less enjoyable then what it should have been. I think the weapons need a little more balancing.

Maybe Borderlands 2 will improve on the original and make for a more enjoyable experience.

The original borderlands is a fun game, but it really shines in multiplayer. When the game was originally released, to host a multiplayer game, you had to open ports in your firewall,,, which was a hassle. I dont think there was a dedicated server option. So this meant that you could not rent a borderlands server.
Yeah, I would like some more weapon balancing. Despite being a soldier I never could find an effective shotgun or AR. I almost always used an SMG because it would be better than the best shotgun and AR I found.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'm looking forward to it. I've played Borderlands a lot and still firing it up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, I would like some more weapon balancing. Despite being a soldier I never could find an effective shotgun or AR. I almost always used an SMG because it would be better than the best shotgun and AR I found.
Siren + SMG = tons of fun.

I'm not having much fun with soldier & AR either.

...but I do like shotguns on my Siren, not that there is any particular advantage to using them.

Murdoc

Jan 22, 2011
Great news! This will be purchased the day it comes out, which is not something I do much anymore.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Siren + SMG = tons of fun.

I'm not having much fun with soldier & AR either.

...but I do like shotguns on my Siren, not that there is any particular advantage to using them.
The Siren is the only class I like. I've played through the game like 5-6 times with her alone lol

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I liked borderlands, but felt it fell a bit short of being really good. It needed more variety in enemies and less WoW style quests. When Diablo 2 has better side quests and you're just barely beating out Fear in types of enemies your game needs some work.

Hopefully, they address these in a sequel.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
The Siren is the only class I like. I've played through the game like 5-6 times with her alone lol
Yeah, Siren is my fave. Closest other class is sniper, but not really that close.

For all of my first play through with my siren, my best weapon was a level ~28 or so purple SMG. I didn't find anything better until I started my second play through.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I agree Siren and SMG was the best.

They better have WS and the FOV setup right from the get go this time. I dont want to rely on a hack to get it working right. But Im sure the consoles will be priority and we'll get screwed.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Everyone calls the Hunter a Sniper, yet I only like him because of revolvers, then machine pistols, and then sniper, hehe.

I think machine pistols/revolvers are my 2nd favorite class of weapons in Borderlands.

That defiler is sick.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, Siren is my fave. Closest other class is sniper, but not really that close.

For all of my first play through with my siren, my best weapon was a level ~28 or so purple SMG. I didn't find anything better until I started my second play through.
yep, I think I relied on a purple Anarchy and a Malevolent (purple, level 17? lol) SMG almost to the end of PT2.

On my hunter, I picked up a sweet explosive 2-shot revolver (forget class right now) on the first arena/challenge mission (so, level ~7) and used it well into PT2.

Aug 11, 2008
Great news. Really enjoyed the game, but the ending was kind of an anticlimax. Didnt really get any great loot or anything after the final battle. Like someone else posted, they could improve the storyline and make a better ending.

Do hope they dont ignore the single player game though. Co-op is fun, but I played mostly as single player.

Siren with SMG was my favorite class too, but the sniper with armor piercing upgrades was pretty awsome also.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
The soldier is ridiculously easy if you get very accurate assault rifles. Unfortunately, most ARs only shoot in bursts, and the ones that don't are very inaccurate.

This weapon is one that I used for awhile:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577804497426547647/2DED314A4B054B254C61D2831ACE97341F92659A/

It's ridiculously nice because it will unload its entire clip while zoomed in with a single press of the trigger. Unfortunately, I really need something with some corrosive for Knoxx. :\

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Great news. Really enjoyed the game, but the ending was kind of an anticlimax. Didnt really get any great loot or anything after the final battle. Like someone else posted, they could improve the storyline and make a better ending.

Do hope they dont ignore the single player game though. Co-op is fun, but I played mostly as single player.

Siren with SMG was my favorite class too, but the sniper with armor piercing upgrades was pretty awsome also.
the good loot is in the DLC--and Knoxx, more specifically. The giant vagina monster at the end of the regular game is worthless.

you've got to kill Crawmerax in PT2 for elite drops.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I hope it has characters that I will actually like this time around. I didn't really find any of the characters in #1 to be very interesting, and their powers kinda sucked.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Siren + SMG = awesomesauce.

Though I just can't seem to be motivated to run through the DLC's a 2nd time [just finished 2nd playthrough on the vanilla part].

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Siren + SMG = awesomesauce.

Though I just can't seem to be motivated to run through the DLC's a 2nd time [just finished 2nd playthrough on the vanilla part].
doood. you're supposed to save them for the 2nd playthrough. :p

well, knoxx, anyway. it's the only one worth PT2 if you ask me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY