LMSM Double Standard. Republicans to be blamed for shut down due to dems filibuster

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Pretty sue it is the polls that show the public aren't falling for the GOP bullshit. You can't attach unrealistic poison pills to a bill and then cry when we don't cave to your every whim.

Ironically, I not only want the DHS shut down, I'd like it to go away forever.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-edging-closer-to-partial-shutdown/ar-BBhTozS

A couple of years ago, when the republicans wouldn't approve the democrats spending bill, they were blamed for shutting down the government.

Now the democrats don't want to approve the republicans bill, and once again the media is making it the republicans fault.

Queue our resident liberals defending the LMSM.

No, it was republicans saying they wouldn't vote to fund various federal agencies unless the Democrats accepted additional policy riders unrelated to funding the departments. Before it was The ACA, now it is immigration.

Nothing complicated here.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No, it was republicans saying they wouldn't vote to fund various federal agencies unless the Democrats accepted additional policy riders unrelated to funding the departments. Before it was The ACA, now it is immigration.

Logic is beyond the OP.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Nothing complicated here...TRUE!
And more so, nothing new.
Republicans simply amplifying their BS now that they have more power.
A stunt is a stunt is a stunt.
And do they know well how to pull a stunt.

PS.
Word is Hillary is up 30 points over all 2016 republican contenders.
And that race will bring out the women AND the democrats.
So hang tight.
It will get better.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

Heads I win. Tails you lose.

Republicans are in charge now, why aren't you letting them lead?

The filibuster was bad, until your side uses it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Heads I win. Tails you lose.

Republicans are in charge now, why aren't you letting them lead?

The filibuster was bad, until your side uses it.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Republicans are not passing funding bills because they want to attach provisions to them that will never become law. It's the same dumb shit they did before.

Unless the republicans took the presidency last night and I haven't heard yet, they are just engaging in irresponsible flailing to pander to their base. (You)

Maybe you fall for this sort of thing, but don't expect everyone else too. It does say a lot that you think others not being duped is symbolic of their bias and not yours though, haha.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Swing and a miss OP. Nobody is buying the GOP bullshit on this one. McConnell is reversing course and pulling the riders out of the funding bill.

What's LMSM again? Some dumb Palinesque acronym like lame stream media?

Goes well is the Palinesque logic.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Do you want to know what the ironic thing is about the GOP's move? They are trying to block Obamas immigration move by defunding the DHS but the fucking idiots don't even realize that most of the things dealing with boarder security are self funded from fees so Obamas immigration policy will largely be unaffected!

The party of stupid just keeps getting dumber and dumber!

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Swing and a miss OP. Nobody is buying the GOP bullshit on this one. McConnell is reversing course and pulling the riders out of the funding bill.

What's LMSM again? Some dumb Palinesque acronym like lame stream media?

Goes well is the Palinesque logic.

How can anyone buy it, when the media always paints the republicans as a bad guy?

Thanks for helping prove my point.

No matter what the republicans do, they lose.

Republicans filibuster a spending bill = BAD.

Democrats filibuster a spending bill = Republicans BAD.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
How can anyone buy it, when the media always paints the republicans as a bad guy?

No, it's more that most people have a higher intellectual level than those that swallow the BS the right feeds, such as the simplistic crap you just posted.

Sure, sounds like the right can't get a break until you get beyond the childlike simplistic statements you made and get into WHY the two sets of circumstances happened.

But, I guess hoping for that is just a stretch beyond the obvious trolling you're doing, michael. And I hope it's trolling and not demonstrating a 4th grade level of understanding about anything relevant to life.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Logic is beyond the OP.

Well, we are talking about the runaway dumbest of dumb fucks in all of P&N.

Let me see if I can make him understand using a different issue.

retard19... I mean michal1980, imagine if when Democrats had the majority, if they added a rider to a funding bill enacting massive gun control legislation. Something that obviously the Republicans could not agree with. The Republicans would filibuster, right? Now then lets say that with Republicans in charge, Democrats say they'll filibuster any spending bill that doesn't include massive gun control legislation. Obviously Republicans won't go for that. If that were to occur, in both situations, it would be the Democrats fault. Because in that imaginary situation the Dems would be insisting on an unpassable poison pill rider being added to unrelated legislation. And THAT'S what the Republicans have done in both these situations.

Do you understand now? If not, try taking your antipsychotic medication first. Maybe mix it with alcohol (especially if it says you absolutely should not mix it with alcohol). Then try reading again. If you still can't accept it, then you are truly unteachable and a lost cause.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

You forget who is making this OP. The most rabid, head planted firmly up ass person who posts on these forums (100X a day)...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Republicans just took the wrong hostage, that's all.

When they took extended UI for millions of unemployed Americans hostage to fat cat tax cuts, they were willing to shoot the hostage.

When they took the full faith & credit of the govt hostage to spending cuts, they were willing to shoot the hostage because higher interest rates on Bonds benefit the true Bush constituency.

They're obviously not willing to shoot their DHS hostage, however. Well, maybe- HOR Teahadists might just be that stupid.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No, it's more that most people have a higher intellectual level than those that swallow the BS the right feeds, such as the simplistic crap you just posted.

Sure, sounds like the right can't get a break until you get beyond the childlike simplistic statements you made and get into WHY the two sets of circumstances happened.

But, I guess hoping for that is just a stretch beyond the obvious trolling you're doing, michael. And I hope it's trolling and not demonstrating a 4th grade level of understanding about anything relevant to life.

Trolling implies more cognitive ability than the OP has ever demonstrated.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
OP, is it at all surprising that the propaganda arm of the democrat party (ie, the main stream media) would blame the gop no matter what? It's pretty much expected.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
OP, is it at all surprising that the propaganda arm of the democrat party (ie, the main stream media) would blame the gop no matter what? It's pretty much expected.

Oh, playing the MSM card.

We should start a bingo game.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Oh,God! The relentless persecution!

It's a story that plays well to an irrational white voter base, anyway, something they never tire of. Life is just a giant conspiracy to pollute their precious bodily fluids & bring on Sharia law, grab their guns, tax 'em to death, indoctrinate their children with hippie-dippy bullshit.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

course they lose!! They are losers.....just by their very dishonorable actions......sheese move along nothing to see here, except for the Op`s Love of the Republicans!!

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
What's LMSM again?
I had an idea in mind, but it turns out I was thinking LGBT.

The republicans were blamed because they're full of shit. Someone like Ron Paul gets a pass for voting no to spending because he's consistently against spending. The majority of republicans are not consistently against spending. If Bush wants troops in Iraq, they vote yes. If Obama wants troops in Iraq, they vote no. The way to make an average republican's head to explode is to show him a spending bill without telling him which party initiated the bill.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-edging-closer-to-partial-shutdown/ar-BBhTozS

A couple of years ago, when the republicans wouldn't approve the democrats spending bill, they were blamed for shutting down the government.

Now the democrats don't want to approve the republicans bill, and once again the media is making it the republicans fault.

Queue our resident liberals defending the LMSM.

Excuse me but which party is always advocating shutting down the govt??

Also if Republicans got off their rich fat asses and passed and immigration bill we wouldn't be here. Senate already passed reform. House crickets.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Excuse me but which party is always advocating shutting down the govt??

Also if Republicans got off their rich fat asses and passed and immigration bill we wouldn't be here. Senate already passed reform. House crickets.

The dems, pass the bill, government continues to operate. Block it and government shuts down.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The dems, pass the bill, government continues to operate. Block it and government shuts down.

Obviously you never listened to Ted Cruz.

How long has immigration reform been passed from the Senate? Almost 2 years??