Lmao what do white people eat everyday, educate me.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
What's a steakumm?

they are frozen thin rectangles of beef which you can cook like this:

steakumms.jpg

and turn into something like this:

steak-umm-sandwich.jpeg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
oh man steakumms are so good, i used to eat one of these every day:

- fry a couple steakumms in a pan with some onions
- put them on a hamburger bun
- throw a slice of velveeta on the steakumms
- spread miracle whip and bbq sauce on the top bun
- assemble and enjoy

🤌

Tell us you made it out of that dorm.

Naw, looks good, despite Velveeta being involved. Good on ya for leaving green peppers out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: brianmanahan

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Velveeta can be forgiven, miracle whip however, not possible :)

Oh shit. I missed that, and stand corrected. There really is something wrong with that stuff.

Brian you filthy, uncouth peeg. How could you. I'm not saying you should apologize, but it wouldn't be inappropriate.

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
they are frozen thin rectangles of beef which you can cook like this:

steakumms.jpg

and turn into something like this:

steak-umm-sandwich.jpeg
I was confused because Wikipedia says firstly "Steak-umm is an American brand of thin-sliced frozen steaks" which, to me, would just be thin slices of a chunk 9f beef.
But then it says "Judge Lawrence Stengel described the product as "chopped and formed emulsified meat product that is comprised of beef trimmings left over after an animal is slaughtered and all of the primary cuts, such as tenderloin, filet, and rib eye, are removed. . . . The emulsified meat is pressed into a loaf and sliced, frozen and packaged."".

Which is a bit more 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: BudAshes

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I was confused because Wikipedia says firstly "Steak-umm is an American brand of thin-sliced frozen steaks" which, to me, would just be thin slices of a chunk 9f beef.
But then it says "Judge Lawrence Stengel described the product as "chopped and formed emulsified meat product that is comprised of beef trimmings left over after an animal is slaughtered and all of the primary cuts, such as tenderloin, filet, and rib eye, are removed. . . . The emulsified meat is pressed into a loaf and sliced, frozen and packaged."".

Which is a bit more 🤢

That woudln't bother me - waste not want not. _Except_ since the BSE/mad cow disease thing, there seems reason to be cautious of anything that could have cow CNS material in it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That woudln't bother me - waste not want not. _Except_ since the BSE/mad cow disease thing, there seems reason to be cautious of anything that could have cow CNS material in it.
It doesn't exactly bother me, I eat faggots and those have non specific parts of animals in them. Its just no one calls them steak!

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

Which is a bit more 🤢

sounds like another way of calling it a hot dog, or Bar-S lunch meat

Reactions: nakedfrog

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It doesn't exactly bother me, I eat faggots and those have non specific parts of animals in them. Its just no one calls them steak!

He means guts wrapped in bacon, people.

Americans don't dig on offal as much as Europeans, not any more anyways. Homogeneous slurry o'trim n scraps, that's fine though, not that I really eat hot dogs either. The minor amount of pate involved in a beef Wellington is about as far as I can go, just have no interest in offal at all. Kidneys, sweetbreads, tripe, ugh, get it away.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
He means guts wrapped in bacon, people.

Americans don't dig on offal as much as Europeans, not any more anyways. Homogeneous slurry o'trim n scraps, that's fine though, not that I really eat hot dogs either. The minor amount of pate involved in a beef Wellington is about as far as I can go, just have no interest in offal at all. Kidneys, sweetbreads, tripe, ugh, get it away.

Chicken livers, pate, fois gras, yakitori chicken hearts, sweetbreads. All delicious. Did not like brains. Would try tongue. Would not try eyeballs, or the other kind of balls. Tried tripe but it was not at a great restaurant so it was way too chewy. Not sure if that can be tempered.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Rare burgers aren't juicy, they are mushy

Sorry but I think this says a lot more about the "quality" (or not rotfl) of the beef you are using for your burgers than anything else.

Don't you find the splinters between your teeth get a bit annoying? ;)

51h-cJeHf0L.jpg

My local grocery sells actual whole-beef sliced super-thin which looks about the same as a "steak-umm" but tastes exponentially better. (plus it has actual "texture" since it's not machine-extruded beef-like mush!)

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
breakfast: cheerioes and coffee

lunch: chicken salad wrap, or a salad with chicken on it

dinner: usually some frozen dinner lol. frozen pizza, frozen sweet & sour chicken, etc.

today i mixed it up!

had the frozen pizza for lunch, and am going to have the chicken salad wrap for dinner

BLOW5do.png

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
American cheese would like to have a word....

View attachment 84380
I make my own Sausage McMuffin with Egg using Kraft Singles, real eggs and english muffins. I a true sandwich artist has trade secrets. I have been accused by a fat person of making Jimmy Dean frozen foods some how. Basically being accused of not having the ability to make better food than Jimmy Dean and McDonald's.