Lmao what do white people eat everyday, educate me.

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
salty and gamey is not the flavor I want when consuming honey. What you or others may find acceptable is vile to me, and before you ask, yes I have tried it before.
Honey and gamey meat is kind of a long standing thing, as is honey and feta in Greek cuisine, I'm surprised. I mean to each his own, no shade here.

Fun fact, I fucking hate olives in every form, every version of them. Slightest smell brings me to the verge of vomiting and I've been pretty okay with a lot of weird shit.

Reactions: A///

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Honey and gamey meat is kind of a long standing thing, as is honey and feta in Greek cuisine, I'm surprised. I mean to each his own, no shade here.

Fun fact, I fucking hate olives in every form, every version of them. Slightest smell brings me to the verge of vomiting and I've been pretty okay with a lot of weird shit.
no to that, no thank you. if we're talking actual feta here with the sheep's milk or whatever it is, no thank you. I enjoy my feta doused in olive oil and studded with dry and fresh herbs. I'll make a meal out of that with some nice bread and a spanish white wine.

I like olives myself except the mexican black ones unless it's on a pizza here. otherwise my mind goes to those rubbery dome bits you used to see on old school coffee makers, remotes, speakers or whatever before they went to harder injected molding rubber.

• Haha
Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017

A store once gifted me some rubber based ice ball makers to use for drinks. Idr which state I was living at the time or when I got these as the gift. after rinsing them off before using them the first time the top half reminded me of those pitted canned mexican olives. I was close to throwing myself over the sink at the thought of a giant mexican black olive. I don't drink the hard stuff often but for that I buy ice because I can never get it clear enough and don't plan on doing the black witchery youtube has shown me to get it to be clear.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
no to that, no thank you. if we're talking actual feta here with the sheep's milk or whatever it is, no thank you. I enjoy my feta doused in olive oil and studded with dry and fresh herbs. I'll make a meal out of that with some nice bread and a spanish white wine.

I like olives myself except the mexican black ones unless it's on a pizza here. otherwise my mind goes to those rubbery dome bits you used to see on old school coffee makers, remotes, speakers or whatever before they went to harder injected molding rubber.
the word you are looking for is Bakelite.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
the word you are looking for is Bakelite.
No I'm not. Bakelite hasn't been used in 70 years+ and is a plastic.

Go grab some ear buds, fondle the rubber tip. see how soft it feels. Then go grab a blender like a kitchen aid, the base motor will either use a keyed hard plastic or a hard injected formed rubber that hooks onto the cups bottom gearing and can drive it that way. though it'll shred to nothing if you pick it up mid revolution

Last edited:

adeymary92

Aug 16, 2023
I cook nearly everything I eat, mostly chicken thighs/quarters, ribs, rice, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and garlic, broccoli and Brussels sprouts, pork, eggs, steak, fish whatever.

Last edited:

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
add that to the things I've never understood about america despite living here for a long time now. this horrific obsession with ranch dressing. why, he cried out in a long frantic attempt to find out why people love that nasty white dressing. All you need is some vinegar or lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe some fresh herbs or dry herbs, let it soak it up and then mix and pour.

or that ghoullish pink sauce with the sweet relish bits and bobs with chunks of eggs. add that to my list, in addition to that sweet pickle relish. it's candied pickles.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
add that to the things I've never understood about america despite living here for a long time now. this horrific obsession with ranch dressing. why, he cried out in a long frantic attempt to find out why people love that nasty white dressing. All you need is some vinegar or lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe some fresh herbs or dry herbs, let it soak it up and then mix and pour.

or that ghoullish pink sauce with the sweet relish bits and bobs with chunks of eggs. add that to my list, in addition to that sweet pickle relish. it's candied pickles.
Mayo + ketchup + relish. Basically oops we fucked up and put all three in one container. Let's mix it well and call it something majestic. Oh I know, Thousand Island!

Reactions: sandorski

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Mayo + ketchup + relish. Basically oops we fucked up and put all three in one container. Let's mix it well and call it something majestic. Oh I know, Thousand Island!
I like mayonnaise. I like ketchup. I like sour spicy pickled chopped into relish. I don't like all three combined. it's very offensive. I remember working at one company about 25 years ago, well known globally and they piss a lot of people off with their "drm" now but the first time I had lunch in the caf or at a nearby complex made for employees of various companies I poured what I assumed was a spicy dressing or thickened vinaigrette on my salad and it was called french dressing. I barely touched that salad after a few bites of it. ffwd a few years after I'd left and began a short tenure at another company they had something called a russian dressing, another fucked up american concoction. grated onion with the onion juices no less! mayonnaise, and ketchip. and what I assume was some cheap hot sauce like tabasco.

who am I to talk though. I loved salad cream when I was younger and we still resided in britain. By the time we moved out here society had changed some and people tried new dressings from scratch and grocers would get international dressings or ones made by in country companies trying to get in on the what was then thought to be a temporary wave of flavor exploration. I could probably stomach salad cream now but I'd rather not try.

I make a blue cheese dressing from scratch now but sometimes I'll use another veined cheese. I enjoy the sharpness.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I like mayonnaise. I like ketchup. I like sour spicy pickled chopped into relish. I don't like all three combined. it's very offensive. I remember working at one company about 25 years ago, well known globally and they piss a lot of people off with their "drm" now but the first time I had lunch in the caf or at a nearby complex made for employees of various companies I poured what I assumed was a spicy dressing or thickened vinaigrette on my salad and it was called french dressing. I barely touched that salad after a few bites of it. ffwd a few years after I'd left and began a short tenure at another company they had something called a russian dressing, another fucked up american concoction. grated onion with the onion juices no less! mayonnaise, and ketchip. and what I assume was some cheap hot sauce like tabasco.

who am I to talk though. I loved salad cream when I was younger and we still resided in britain. By the time we moved out here society had changed some and people tried new dressings from scratch and grocers would get international dressings or ones made by in country companies trying to get in on the what was then thought to be a temporary wave of flavor exploration. I could probably stomach salad cream now but I'd rather not try.

I make a blue cheese dressing from scratch now but sometimes I'll use another veined cheese. I enjoy the sharpness.
Most people and places over dress salads. That stuff isn't very good but there's a few creamy dressings that are quite tasty in the right salad (I'm a sucker for Caesars and I do like green goddess).

If you want a good wtfism, I didn't have mayonnaise until I was like 23. Grew up in TX and miracle whip was the only game in town. Everyone had a jar, everyone loved it on everything from salads to sandwiches to fries.

Jul 27, 2020
If you get a beef shawarma here in UAE, they put tahina sauce in it. That sauce, if they happen to overdo it on the shawarma, can be finger lickin' good!

Made from sesame seeds and a few other ingredients I think.

1692207023858.png

Jul 27, 2020
If you want a good wtfism, I didn't have mayonnaise until I was like 23.
I don't remember I had tuna in my childhood. Used to read about it and got addicted to it after age 28 for a while before I found out that white tuna had the most mercury in it. Now I will sometimes have light meat tuna. Haven't had white tuna in ages and don't think I ever will willingly.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Most people and places over dress salads. That stuff isn't very good but there's a few creamy dressings that are quite tasty in the right salad (I'm a sucker for Caesars and I do like green goddess).

If you want a good wtfism, I didn't have mayonnaise until I was like 23. Grew up in TX and miracle whip was the only game in town. Everyone had a jar, everyone loved it on everything from salads to sandwiches to fries.
I ask for it on the side. The incident I was talking about was my own doing and pumping. I keep a tin or jar of anchovies on hand just for caesar dressing for salad or for dipping food into. I make mine a little tangier than most people like. I'm not familiar with what green godess is other than it uses yogurt instead of buttermilk or mayonaiise. I've got a recipe for an herby dressing using nuts I got off one of them youtube shorts or tick tocks.. it's bright, floral, garlicy and has a nice bite to it.

I tried miracle whip once in the 90s out of curiousity. It was in these little packets at one of them ieee luncheons/awards crap things with an open bar back then. it was a strange mix of sweet and tangy. I did not like it. I didn't consider people liked it until about 10-15 years later on an online discussion board in the late 2000s.

mayo is very subjective. I like hellmans which operates as something else in other states. it's an iconic container and I'll pick it out without looking. Duke's mayo or kensington mayo are also very good. I make my own mayo if I have enough time to ass around and got good quality eggs on hand.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
If you get a beef shawarma here in UAE, they put tahina sauce in it. That sauce, if they happen to overdo it on the shawarma, can be finger lickin' good!

Made from sesame seeds and a few other ingredients I think.

View attachment 84506
tahini is sesame seeds only. the shawarma sauce I've had in a neighbouring country of yours is garlic, tahini, some water or oil, salt, pepper, vinegar or pepper vinegar, and maybe somefinely ground herbs or hot spices. It's probably got some yogurt in it too to make it more runny and not sieze up. I remember asking for a small cup of on the sidea and dipped my little sandwiches in it with the restaurant owner who weighed what looked to be 200+ kilos on a short frame giving me two thumbs up seeing a white westerner pig out on it.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I like ranch dressing to dip stuff in, and sometimes as an accent on other foods, but salads are always olive oil and balsamic vinegar. That said, I don't think I've ever bought ranch for the house.

edit:
The local Mexican place puts out a white sauce that I think is ranch out along with red salsa to go with their tortilla chips while you wait for food. I like a little bit of the white sauce with a big dollop of El Yucateco green salsa on it. Gives it a cool hot combination, and makes it all last longer cause I can kill a dish of red salsa waaay before the chips are gone.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Not all white folks are WASPs who only eat boiled beef, taters and green beans. Some of us are half Southerner and half eye-talian. And since central NJ is pretty ethnically diverse, we steal from everybody.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
last weeks menu was: (all made from scratch)

Sunday: Homemade Ramen
IMG_4222.jpeg
(only meal I have a pic)

Monday: Breaded chicken breast stuffed with feta, pesto and sun dried tomatoes

Tuesday: Spaghetti with homemade (but frozen) meat sauce

Wednesday: Seared chicken breast (marinated chicken in soy sauce, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, garlic, and brown sugar) served over cous cous

Thursday: Grilled burgers

Friday: popcorn, fruit cheese & crackers (family movie night)

Sunday: Beef Tenderloin with mustard cream sauce.

Jul 27, 2020
Monday: Breaded chicken breast stuffed with feta, pesto and sun dried tomatoes

Wednesday: Seared chicken breast (marinated chicken in soy sauce, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, garlic, and brown sugar) served over cous cous
Yummy!

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
(tryin to keep portions under control and carbs under control. I frickin love my potatoes and rice so im keeping them in my diet, but in moderation)

Recent meals
New York Strip Steak reverse seared with some roasted veggies and red potatoes
Cheeseburgers on keto bread
Grilled Polish sausages with roasted mixed vegetables
japanese style curry (S&B Extra Hot), with veggies and chicken
Thai curry (Mae Ploy Penang), with Chicken Thigh meat
Shrimp Tacos with low carb mediocre tortillas
Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
Beef Bulgogi with rice and vegetables
Chimichurri rice with vegetables
Eggs, bacon, keto toast, and a hash brown potato
Gnocchi with marinara, ground meat (sometimes Venison, sometimes lamb, sometimes beef, sometimes bison, I like to mix it up a bit), some combination of vegetables, generally onion, mushroom, fresh garlic, and then sometimes one or more of the following: bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots.
Roast chicken with vegetables

We haven't gone out to a restaurant in a several weeks, but i like to cook, and wife sometimes like to cook too.
We do "cheat" and use premade curry paste and such when convenient.
I love to add habanero when I cook, but, wife gets pissed off, so I only once or twice per week usually. She still eats it, greedily, but complains about the heat.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I like ranch dressing to dip stuff in, and sometimes as an accent on other foods, but salads are always olive oil and balsamic vinegar. That said, I don't think I've ever bought ranch for the house.

edit:
The local Mexican place puts out a white sauce that I think is ranch out along with red salsa to go with their tortilla chips while you wait for food. I like a little bit of the white sauce with a big dollop of El Yucateco green salsa on it. Gives it a cool hot combination, and makes it all last longer cause I can kill a dish of red salsa waaay before the chips are gone.
sounds like mexican sour or table cream. local mexican joints do the same thing. they're both runny and give a very mild tang coolness against the hot stuff.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
neighbour gave me some eggs from his hens way out back on his property. Had 2 of them this morning over a split croissant from a local bakery, a few avocado slices and some mangoes. I expect to be starving in a few hours.

I've got about a kilo of cut pinepple I was going to toss out because it wasn't very sweet but thought better of it. will be caramelising them with some good butter and muscovado, dash of spice too. should be lovely chilled over some scrumptious yoghurt or ice cream.