List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV...

Page 278 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
I haven't seen it, but plan to when it comes out on DVD, but seeing the previews this is what struck me. I think the Aniston role has been miscast...wouldn't you want an undesirable woman in that role? it's just not believable that she would be hard up for it...or the average joe would reject her.

exactly

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
Source Code - 8.5/10

I remembered seeing the trailers a few months ago and being intrigued, and finally got around to renting it. Overall, very enjoyable watch with a few mildly surprising twists. Tried to be a bit more clever than it actually was. Definitely reminded me of Moon. Gyllenhaal and Monaghan were rather good together.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
The Last Airbender - 1.5/10: I feel bad shitting on this movie as it obviously was not made for me and is 100% a kids film, but for some reason I felt compelled to watch it and as an adult I freaking hated this thing. The main character is freaking terrible; a horrible actor and he even looks ridiculous. The overall story was pretty nonsensical, though that could be due to the fact I was bored and distracted, but I lost track of who certain people were and what the hell they were trying to do and honestly why the hell would I want to watch kids do Tai Chi for over 90 minutes? Boring is not a strong enough word to describe that. I'm giving it a 1.5 for the cool Neverending story flying dragon guy, I really liked him, but everything else sucked ass. I'm sure if I was a little kid I would have liked it fine, since it was definitely geared toward that demographic, but for anyone over say, 12 years old it would have to be unbearable.

KT

Nov 7, 2000
Tron Legacy - 7.5/10 - Similar review to Anubis. Visuals were very engaging, sound was spot on (and yes LFE was ridiculous). Plot was a little sketchy off an on. I never saw the original so maybe I missed out on some things.
As the creator of the universe, I thought elder Flynn should have more power to manipulate the environment. Why did Tron ever work for CLU? And why did he switch back to the user's side at the end? At one point Flynn said he had a partner? Wouldn't the partner have realized Flynn got trapped?
. Also the CGI on CLU really didn't do it for me. Felt like I was watching Prince Farquadt (sp?) in Shrek.

Sep 29, 2004
X-Formers - Dark of the moon - 2/10 - Special effects are not impressive to me anymore. Story matters and this movie had non of it. Having said that, I will preface this by saying I thought the first movie sucked and I skipped the second. This new movie was interesting for about 45 minutes. Then it went into the same scene shot differently for the next hour and half. Total crap unless you are a teenager. It would have been arable and even gotten a 5/10 out of me if it were about 90 minutes long. I was very close to leaving the theater because it was dragging out so much. there is also no emotional attachment to any of the characters. Pure crap.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
The Last Airbender - 1.5/10: I feel bad shitting on this movie as it obviously was not made for me and is 100% a kids film, but for some reason I felt compelled to watch it and as an adult I freaking hated this thing. The main character is freaking terrible; a horrible actor and he even looks ridiculous. The overall story was pretty nonsensical, though that could be due to the fact I was bored and distracted, but I lost track of who certain people were and what the hell they were trying to do and honestly why the hell would I want to watch kids do Tai Chi for over 90 minutes? Boring is not a strong enough word to describe that. I'm giving it a 1.5 for the cool Neverending story flying dragon guy, I really liked him, but everything else sucked ass. I'm sure if I was a little kid I would have liked it fine, since it was definitely geared toward that demographic, but for anyone over say, 12 years old it would have to be unbearable.

KT

I'm guessing you knew nothing about this before going in? Cause I could have saved you a few bucks, reviews are pretty much unanimous that this is horrible. Directed by M. Night Shyamaladingdong too which is becoming a sure fire sign that it's going to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.