List some games you've played recently. PC, console, mobile, board... and give a */10

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Inspired from the OT thread.

I'll start:

Bioshock Infinite 7/10: I didn't even know this game had a HUGE hype, it just came out of nowhere for me. I actually playtested Bioshock 1 back in the days. I was impressed with its art direction and amazing storytelling, but the gameplay was rather boring. I couldn't finish the original, and I never bothered with the sequel.

Well now I get to try the game with this immense hype. Just started playing it. B:I is absolutely breathtaking. What a beautiful game, and it seems very well optimized too for my year-old $500 budget gaming rig.

i3-2120 with 4 gigs of ram & HD6870 (15% OC) runs it butter smooth at 1920x1080 with everything on High (not Ultra). It look absolutely gorgeous.

About 2 hours into it, I didn't get the bug to keep on playing. It felt like a typical Triple-A title FPS... just with a great storytelling. Now I tried to remember why I had so much fun playing Crysis 3- another typical mainstream shooter.

It's because Crysis actually gave you different ways to beat each zones. It was fun taking enemies out with stealth with various weapons. The upgrades were fun and you could also choose go to guns-a-blazin'.

B:I is quite... cut and dry. You attack the baddies head-on and seldom use the seconday weapon that is the Vigor. There is no in-depth strategy (lol actually made Crysis 3 look deep!). I quickly grew tired of it.

I'm really discouraged to launch the game again. I may try again tonight if I feel like it. But so far, the game is what it is. It won't suddenly change and I doubt my score will improve.

[edit]
I played it for another 3 hours today, total of 5.

I got 5 vigors, 6 different weapons (and different upgrades), and played with different 'tears' Elizabeth creates.

So I can honestly say I experienced the 90% of gameplay mechanic.

The game itself is really nothing special. Again, I had more fun playing Crysis 3. The story is amazing.

I uninstalled it and watched the ending on youtube. The story is absolutely spectacular. It made me gasp at the ending even with only 5 hours invested in it.

I'll give this game 7/10 for fun (what matters), and 9/10 for epic story.

Overall, not an 'addictive' game- about as boring as Tomb Raider.

-----

Dota 2 10/10: Nothing is perfect, but there are few gems that come and totally suck you away. Dota achieves this. I've been playing it since... 2006-2007 when it was a silly Warcraft 3 mod. It only got better when Icefrog took over and became a serious competitive game. Then Valve turned it into a full-fledged game with their signature polish and features, it became a near perfection. There are great games in the history of gaming (Doom, HL, Starcraft, etc), this is one of them in recent history.

Skyrim 9/10: No game can beat the sheer immersion Skyrim offers. I truly feel like I'm in the heart of the tundra land of Elder Scrolls. They say people play games to take a break from reality- well this game fvcking does it. Absolutely beautiful- I'm tempted to reinstall time and time just to enjoy the breath-taking scenery and the soothing soundtrack.

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm 8.5/10: Read it here.

Crysis 3 8/10: A mindlessly fun game with state of the art graphics. It was rather short. This game exemplifies the today's mainstream pop title. But it was quite fun for what it is. For some reason, I couldn't get into C1 & C2, but I was able to finish this all the way.

Tomb Raider (2013) 6/10: I absolutely loved the fact that they truly personified Lara as a real-world girl with personality & vulnerability. I was sick and tired of the mindless, big-tittied plastic incantations. The new Lara is absolutely lovable and relatable. Now all that being said, this game was terribly shallow and just didn't hold my attention. It's just scripted events after events. The polish and scripted scenes are awe-inspiring indeed, but for the actual gameplay, it was just.. dull. You just press the 'survival instinct' button and just fulfill what the game wants you to do. I couldn't continue after about 2 hours into it. Don't really plan on going back anytime soon.

Path of Exile 8/10: The true spirited sequel of Diablo 2. I was hooked and went on the 2-week binge on this game. Amazing new mechanics and refreshing new takes on the old genre. Suddenly I got tired of it fast- maybe because no matter how 'new' this game is, it's the same Diablo game I've played for many many years back in college. Still great though.

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Baldur's Gate: Enchanced Edition 8.5/10 loved the game but it's still behind the true king of RPGs (BGII:SOA) and there is a level cap at 10 (161k XP). the game is immensely fun if you know what you're doing (hybrid AD&D and D&D3 rules) and the expansion adds the awesome Durlag's Tower.

Endless Space (4X): 8/10 fun and engaging but combat is seriously lacking and the research tree is basically "tiered" as in you research all technologies in the first "ring" and then move on to the second "ring" otherwise your technology will be unbalanced and you'll have a gimped military or unhappy people.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Tomb Raider: 6.5-7/10: it was ok but i think ZeZe summed it up well (i usually don't like 6.5 games; so the fun factor was a bit higher than 6.5).

Mass Effect 1: 7.5/10: I'm replaying all 3 (well 1,2 to reach 3); i've forgotten about the bugs and not so great combat. Even with 1.02 I've hit quite a few nasty bugs so the game is fun (more engaging than tomb raider) but the technical side really hurts and the planet layout are bit weak (crisscrossing painful terrain searching for probably nothing).

Fallen Enchantress: 7/10: It is missing something but i find it more enjoyable than civ 5 and warlock mostly due to the quest factor and diversity so the fun factor is closer to 8. Just starting Legendary Heroes which is likely to be much better (still a few issues).

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Fire Emblem Awakening Haven't Yet Finished

So Far 9.0 out of 10: About 8 hours in, it's EXCELLENT. And I've really only scratched the surface. I was never a huge fan of tactical RPGs, but excellent gameplay, likeable characters (hear that square?? Hear that?!?), and great music, it has thoroughly sucked me in.

Star Wars The Old Republic Haven't Yet Finished

So Far: 8.0 out of 10 Don't know how long I'll play. I'll probably finish my current class quest (level 38 Jedi Sentinel), and perhaps start another game as a Sith or Smuggler.
I love the Star Wars setting, and the story quests are fun. But of course, the side quests are beyond repetitive and predictable, so we'll see how long it grabs me.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
World of Tanks: 9/10

Pros: Great graphics, diverse maps, great music with a variety of songs, most importantly a really fun tanking experience - keeps people playing thousands of matches with its simple approach of normally up to 15 minute matches of strangers 15 on a side with 5 classes of tanks. Haven't quite played anything like it - countless hours. They add tanks and maps. Better than most Free to pays at providing a solid game without spending if you want to play basic tanks.

Cons: Very limited as a game - this is not an RPG with a game world and story. It is always, over and over, short matches on relatively small maps, very repetitive. Customer service can be very poor. Takes massive amounts of time to get high end tanks, even with cash options that easily can run into hundreds or more. Keeps you from playing other games because of the amount of time needed to keep getting points for more tanks.

Legends of Grimrock: 9/10

Pros: Polished, smooth, very fun - it's done in the style of a classic Eye of the Beholder type RPG with modern graphics, but is mostly a puzzle game in a dungeon. I don't mean like the 7th guest in a mansion, I mean the puzzles are very much fitting in the dungeon - the torches and so on. And they're incredible puzzles, enough to make you consider quitting - but come back later and they're solvable. Best puzzles in years.

Cons: The RPG cover is pretty much throwaway shallow and simple, an excuse for the puzzles. Some things can be confusing in the game, including items it's not hard to leave behind and need later at great trouble. For me, low replayability - exhausting to consider a replay - but some have found fun trying different parties.

Heavy Rain

Pros: An ambitious attempt to have a solid story meant for adults, with gameplay letting the player get different plot twists. The shower you can take the female character to. very nice atmospherics supporting the story and game, you have to appreciate the attempt to make something like this.

Cons: Can be a sad story; can become tedious gameplay at times as certain puzzles are not enjoyable to play through. The pleasure dropped pretty low at times.

Bookworm II 8/10: Simple word game. You get letters, you make words, worm compliments. But is a lot of fun, which is what matters.

Luxor series 8/10: Basic arcadish game, just very nicely done, easy to play but fun trying to get good shots repeatedly, fast paced.

Groups of little colored balls go rolling on the screen and you have to shoot colored balls in the right spots as they move before they get to a spot.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
10000000 - 9.35/10 Very simple and addictive game play. It is basically a matching game like Bejeweled except you have a character and he runs in a dungeon and fights things and open chests, to kill a monster you have to line up swords or wands, to open chests you need to line up keys. (I should note that you do not control your character, you just constantly runs to the right.) So, you are not just looking for three-in-a-row matches, but specific matches. Then you get treasure that you can use inbetween runs to upgrade your character to make different things have more effect, so an upgraded sword makes matched sword tiles do more damage. The game is very simplistic but still hard. I'm having a blast with it, and if you like tile matching games I bet you will to.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Deadlight 6/10 - While the zombie fighting is interesting and it looks good, the jump puzzles ruin this game. Jump puzzle and QTE game developing devs need to be burned at the stake.

Path of Exile 8/10 - A Diablo-style ARPG that in open beta is more fun than Diablo 3 ever was. This is what D3 should have been, with improvements and not re-imaginings. For example, you have 5 potions that refill as you kill enemies; no more potion spam to beat any fight, and no more inventory/merchant/loot clutter of potions. Plus, it is truly free to play, and not pay to win.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Shogun II - 8/10 . Very addicting game play elements of conquering landscapes and sections of map by building massive armies, while using a generally simplistic economy scheme. Bad: Navel battles and controlling individual ships. The AI is good at giving you a whooping, but we're limited in dishing it back with a mouse pointer. Also, fighting for territory should be more complicated than stacking an army outside a fort. Looks like Rome Total War II will fix both of those elements.

Skyrim - 9/10. The mods actually kick this game up a notch from an 8. So many graphical and weapon enhancements that can make the game very atmospheric and captivating. Obviously the story can capture any 13-year-old's imagination, though at times for a guy my age, I simply want to rush to the action which this game offers plenty off.

Far Cry 3 - 6/10. Over exaggerated. Sure, the hunting is fun, but you're hunting the same NPC every mission. While doing so, It feels like I'm needlessly traveling over large landscapes with the sole mission of to not to try to drive off the road. All of that would of been forgiven if I actually cared for the protagonist in the game. It's a bad thing when I roll my eyes at my own computer after every unrealistic cause of action he makes. My beloved patriot collage student that dropped from a plane just turned warrior over a few tattoos.....momma would be so proud.

Last edited:

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Quake HD: 10/10 This Darkplaces mod brings Quake's graphics into the 21st century.
The ogres are no longer mindless grenade shooters and now they actually aim at you.

Crysis 2: 9/10 A great looking game with a satisfying single player experience. The high resolution texture pack sure puts a strain on my GTX 460 1GB SLI setup.

FarCry 3: 8/10 Incredible graphics but boring game play. It's the same thing over and over again.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
10000000 - 8/10 OMG so addicting. Too short.

Tomb Raider - 10/10 My GOTY pending Boishock Infinite

Far Cry 3 - 7/10 Cool game, but the hard time getting fully immersed into it. Like, FC above, something about the gameplay that is boring.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (beta): 6/10 Throws a lot out there, maybe too much. Have a hard time understanding how everything works together.

JDNIGHT

Feb 27, 2013
Endless Space - 7.0/10 Easy to learn and fun to customize your character/race. However, combat and research are very simple and in many cases boring.

Sins of a Solar Empire - 9.0/10 After the boredom of ES, I decided to try this as it was a DD on Steam. What a breath of fresh air. Loads of fun, yet simplistic. Faster paced, but not 'twitchy'. Much like WoW showed everyone how to make a MMORPG that was polished, Sins of a Solar Empire does this for the space strategy market.

PlanetSide 2 - 8.5/10 Great fun with many awesome, epic battles that takse you to places no other game can. However, I found it was only fun playing with a group of people I know. Lack of fun solo play hurts this otherwise incredible FPS. Truly amazing when played in a group though!

Last edited:

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Tomb Raider -7.5/10 - Sure it was scripted. But the story was good and I had a lot of fun with it. -2.5 for really, really poor "tomb" implementation.

Crysis 3 - 8/10 - a shooter that can hold my attention? Who'd a thunk it?

Sim City - 9.5/10 - Yes, its not the original sim city. Yes, the cities are smallish. But this game has sucked away 25+ hours of my life faster than any other in recent memory. With the exception of the (now smallish) bugs, I really like every aspect of this game.

Age of Conan - 7.5/10 - Not really into MMO's in general, but this one is fun. Really hate the griefers in low level zones.

tarmc

Mar 12, 2013
farcry 3 - 6/10 - great graphics, alot of exploring. colourful characters in the game, vaas was messed up. but it does get repetitive and some of the quests were just retarded, kill bears with a knife? driving the vehicles wasnt too fun either. was worth playing through once but i do not see any replay value, unless the co-op is better?

dota2 - 7/10 - good graphics, good game play so on, prefer league of legends personally, the item setup in dota can be a little weird in my opinion

xcom enemy unknown - 7.5/10 - fun game looks great, progressive story. does eventually start getting very repetitive and can be frustrating watching your solders miss shots over and over and over again.

alice madness returns - 8.5/10 - looks amazing, interesting story & characters. havent played through it enough to say alot more but so far im enjoying it

Aug 11, 2008
Skyrim 9/10 (only recent game I have played that has exceeded my initial expectations)
Borderlands 2 8/10 (pretty much addicted to the hunt for loot)
SC II HOTS 6/10 (mainly because I never have played as zerg before)
Black Ops 2 6/10 (single player was surprisingly good, dont play multiplayer)
Mass Effect 3 0/10 (Absolutely, unequivocally, the most disappointing game I have played)
Metro 2033 8/10 (Took a while to get into it, but really liked it after a while)

Sleepingforest

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2012
On the desktop:
Assassin's Creed II:
8.5/10
I've already played it through through the 2nd memory sequence, but that was on an old Macbook (so it was at 786p, low quality, no effects). Honestly, it is MUCH better on a full fledged PC with supersampling and 1080p. The graphics are excellent for a game this old, and the combat/free running puzzles are much more satisfying than those of ACIII. The only negative things are that controls are occasionally frustrating, especially the way the camera occasionally pans when you don't expect it to because the developers wanted to "guide" you through part of a puzzle, and there is no ability to skip cutscenes if wanted.

The only things I can think of that ACIII improved in are fast travel, the way it handled cutscenes, and maybe a more realistic running posture. This is the Assasin's Creed game to get: no cheap tricks with saddle bags, no dumbed down combat and climbing, no overpowered recruit powers.

Skyrim: 10/10
It's wonderfully moddable and basically has unlimited content and replay value because of this. My biggest complaint is that the default GUI and difficulty curve are a little off for my tastes (but fortunately, there are mods for that too!) It's one of those few games that you can customize to fit what you want pretty much exactly.

On mobile:
The World Ends With You: Solo Remix: 11/10
This game is beautiful and the gameplay is simplified just enough to suit the less hardcore while still retaining enough complexity and difficulty options for those who want it. It's a full fledged port of the DS game, so I'd say it's worth every penny of the $20 you pay for it. It's action packed while still suitable for short bursts if necessary, the sense of humor is amazing, and the storyline and character development actually made me tear up a little (the only game to do so ever). The music is the only thing that might not appeal to some--it can be pretty hit-or-miss. I'm probably overhyping it, but I really love this game.

For those wanting a description of what it's like in combat: basically, you equip pins ahead of time (up to six, but starting with only two) which require certain motions on the screen, like a tap or a slash, to activate. These are your attacks. You can fight whenever you want--no random encounters (though there are scripted ones)--and you're healed between fights. The more you fight in a row without resting, the better the drop rate is.

Modern Combat 4: 6/10
It's playable. The multiplayer has surprisingly few cheaters, and the game is pretty much all skill at aiming, since spawning is handled pretty well. Having a high level definitely is helpful though, since the later class skills are ridiculously good (one of them is a wallhack on people who show up on radar--basically, anyone who is shooting). Newcomers will be frustrated by the sheer difficulty and impercision of aiming on a phone screen (there is no aimbot). Not exactly a high class game, but definitely fun in short bursts.

Last edited:

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars -8.0
Was my first time playing this one, and I opted to play the original rather than the director's cut. A very character driven adventure, plenty of interesting dialogue with solid acting. I enjoyed the searching through history style story, reminded me a bit of Indiana Jones, and it kept a nice pace. The games puzzles are mostly well done, but with a couple feeling out of place or illogical, although I would have liked a few more in the beginning hours of the game, where it felt a bit barren.

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
First time playing this as well. A Commandos clone that I'd say is at the top of it's genre. Very fun from start to finish, with a great ramping difficulty throughout the campaign to keep things challenging. That said, it's a very difficult game, so certainly not for everyone. Lastly, regardless of it being a simple 2D isometric graphics engine, the art is spectacular.

Quick list.

realMYST -6.0 Being real time doesn't add anything to the experience, and in some ways takes away from it.
Gothic -8.25 The game that got me into RPG's, replayed it again recently and still love it.
Anachronox -5.5 Played for the first time not long ago. Lots of unrealized potential and bad jokes.
Botanicula -7.5 Very interesting experience, and a lot of personality expressed through rather unconventional means.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Pharaoh - 8/10
Bit of nostalgia here, its fun but i suck balls at it. The gods keep trashing my city and my buildings go on fire/collapse, people die of malaria, i go bankrupt, i don't remember it being this difficult lol.

Tropico 4 - 9/10
Awesome building game, very good with the population limit removal fix. Cant fault it too much tbh, its complex enough without being dumbed down and its dumb enough without needing a 3 month course and a bible size manual to understand.

Planetside 2 - 8/10
Jury is still sort of out on this one, mainly because i havent been playing it for long. First impressions are, this is pretty fookin fun!! Looks complex but a lot of the crap you dont need to bother with, just look at the map and spawn near a battle, beats BF3 IMO, far larger scale! First large scale FPS ive ever played and loving it so far.

Unreal 2 - 7/10
More nostalgia playthroughs :) This is a pretty good game, don't know nobody liked this, its the first unreal i ever played though so i have a limited view on the franchise as a whole. Varied environments, good guns, the graphics as well... they're damn good for 10 years old!

Alpha Centauri - 10/10
Every time a new civ or civ expansion comes along ill get excited for TBS and usually end up playing this, its just so good! Abundant native life forms + playing as gaians = funtimes! To hell with mirium though, she gets removed from quite a few of my games for wiping everyone else out too quickly :mad:

World of tanks - 7/10
This is pretty fun if limited game, gets boring quickly but its good to pick up and play now and again.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Bioshock Infinite 7/10: I didn't even know this game had a HUGE hype, it just came out of nowhere for me. I actually playtested Bioshock 1 back in the days. I was impressed with its art direction and amazing storytelling, but the gameplay was rather boring. I couldn't finish the original, and I never bothered with the sequel.

Well now I get to try the game with this immense hype. Just started playing it. B:I is absolutely breathtaking. What a beautiful game, and it seems very well optimized too for my year-old $500 budget gaming rig.

i3-2120 with 4 gigs of ram & HD6870 (15% OC) runs it butter smooth at 1920x1080 with everything on High (not Ultra). It look absolutely gorgeous.

About 2 hours into it, I didn't get the bug to keep on playing. It felt like a typical Triple-A title FPS... just with a great storytelling. Now I tried to remember why I had so much fun playing Crysis 3- another typical mainstream shooter.

It's because Crysis actually gave you different ways to beat each zones. It was fun taking enemies out with stealth with various weapons. The upgrades were fun and you could also choose go to guns-a-blazin'.

B:I is quite... cut and dry. You attack the baddies head-on and seldom use the seconday weapon that is the Vigor. There is no in-depth strategy (lol actually made Crysis 3 look deep!). I quickly grew tired of it.

I'm really discouraged to launch the game again. I may try again tonight if I feel like it. But so far, the game is what it is. It won't suddenly change and I doubt my score will improve.

Anna-Moleva-as-Elizabeth.jpg

infinitieelizabeth_610.jpg

Last edited:

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
Dota 2: 1/10 - Boring and full of trolls, don't see the appeal at all.

Far Cry 3 - 7/10 - Lots of fun - amazing graphics.

Tomb Raider - 8/10 - Amazing atmosphere and story, combat was simple and the puzzles/tombs were a joke.

Mark of the Ninja - 7/10 - Great platformer

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Defense Grid: 9/10

For tower defense this is probably the best. I finally got this recently and I have been totally addicted.
It has a decent story but the fun is the challenge in beating the levels and seeing how well you do. There are a lot of extra levels you can get also, and I am really looking forward to some new elements in the sequel whenever it comes out. Really enjoyed the Portal crossover set You Monster.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Singularity:

If you go into this game understanding a few basic flaws, (poor textures, linear story, relatively short game time) you will come away incredibly impressed with every single other aspect of this title.

This game is SCARY. The characters are believable, and well voice acted. Though the game is a linear shooter, the atmosphere is so well done that you don't mind at all.

Some very unique weapons in this game, like sniper rifles that give you the ability to slow time, and steer the bullet towards enemies, other weapons that change the way time works, aging objects in game, making them old and then back to new.

The sound is also very well done. Graphics ? Textures are poor, but overall, 'good' other than that, some small parts of the game make you step back and say 'wow' at the amount of detail, others make you say 'ew'.

Performance ? Any modern PC game with run this flawlessly.

Story ? Best part of the game, you will be VERY happy with the story. And the ending is just, awesome.

8/10

Great game, very low-key. A hidden gem.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Singularity:

If you go into this game understanding a few basic flaws, (poor textures, linear story, relatively short game time) you will come away incredibly impressed with every single other aspect of this title.

This game is SCARY. The characters are believable, and well voice acted. Though the game is a linear shooter, the atmosphere is so well done that you don't mind at all.

Some very unique weapons in this game, like sniper rifles that give you the ability to slow time, and steer the bullet towards enemies, other weapons that change the way time works, aging objects in game, making them old and then back to new.

The sound is also very well done. Graphics ? Textures are poor, but overall, 'good' other than that, some small parts of the game make you step back and say 'wow' at the amount of detail, others make you say 'ew'.

Performance ? Any modern PC game with run this flawlessly.

Story ? Best part of the game, you will be VERY happy with the story. And the ending is just, awesome.

8/10

Great game, very low-key. A hidden gem.

I loved this game, however I found the ending(s) to be major letdowns.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
I loved this game, however I found the ending(s) to be major letdowns.

I don't mean the cinematics at the end, just the ability to ...choose three different options at a seconds notice. (trying not to give anything away)

TY-1

Mar 27, 2013
I only game on the PC so:

L4D2: 9/10 - One of my most social games as nearly everyone on my Friends List plays it. I love all the different Add-ons and Mods you can get for this game; new campaigns and maps when the originals start feeling stale. The different play modes all add different dynamic elements. Adding in all of the original L4D content for free by Valve makes it even better.

TF2: 9/10 - Similar in my thoughts on L4D2, it is one of the more social games that I play often. I started playing it when it came out as F2P but spent money on it when I decided I wanted a few awesome looking Hats (seriously, how has Valve made Hats so addicting?)

Batman Arkham City: 10/10 - This is honestly the best Batman game I have ever played with Batman Arkham Asylum a close second, and Batman for the NES (the first NES game I ever bought) my number three. This game does almost everything right in making you feel like you are really playing as Batman in the game. The story-telling is great, the voice-acting is spot on (loved Batman the Animated Series when I was a kid), gameplay is excellent, and the DLC (Catwoman game pack and Harley's Revenge) just make it even better.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare:
8/10 - This game is just plan old, brutal fun. The only complaints I have are that the community can be slightly dickish at times if you go into the wrong server (but this happens to me maybe only 15-20% of the time) and the hit detection can be a little spotty here and there. It does have a slight learning curve to it but if you are patient you'll figure it out after 2-3 matches. The fact that it also has a dedicated battlecry button (on top of two additional buttons to pick in-game voicing) just adds to the fun.

Bioshock Infinite: 10/10 - This is a wonderful addition to the Bioshock series and would easily stand out as a great game even if it didn't have the name recognition from the first two games. The story is excellent, the gameplay smooth and spot on, the characters are well done and likeable, and the promise of at least three additional packs of DLC in the future make this game my best gaming purchase of 2013 so far.

Assassin's Creed 3:
9/10 - I've really enjoyed all the time I've spent playing AC3 and it is a near perfect game for the franchise. The only reason I knock one point off is because of a little weakness in the story and the odd additions to the DLC, The Tyranny of King Washington (the AC series can be a bit weird given its setting and plot, but the addition of being able to summon spirit wolves and turn into a spirit eagle in this DLC just feels completely off to me).

Total War: Shogun 2: 10/10 - This game saved the Total War series in my eyes after the problems of Napoleon: Total War and Empire: Total War. Incredibly fun with great DLC and Expansion Packs, I can only hope that Total War: Rome 2 replicates and perhaps even improves upon all the great things in Shogun 2.

Last edited: