Lion vs. Tiger

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
So you sort of send each other alerts and scramble the troops when this subject comes up?

Dude get over your self, we are both independent we arnt a team out to get the tiger, we just share some of the same views, we havent even exchanged Pms or convos more than a 100 times I dont call that a repeditive team member when some have been on convos more than the 1,000 mark, or are you an every single person you commented to on this forum your blood brother?

Dalen an I never did dis-respect the tiger, not once...so whats the deal in you being a huge humbug...if you wanna back up the tiger...then do it by showing creditable data...because at this point I showed more data on tigers than all three of you monkeys did. I showed just about 20 accounts of tigers killing lions, are you really one of those guys who just dispises the lion that much out of biasness you stoop to being a troll, because if you are out there to degrade either any of them then we have a problem. Because I dont dig that shit, pal. If your that bias an cant handle that the one you chose is losing an refuse to put up any accord data wise, then your just a crybaby loser...plain an simple....so are you?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Dude get over your self, we are both independent we arnt a team out to get the tiger, we just share some of the same views, we havent even exchanged Pms or convos more than a 100 times I dont call that a repeditive team member when some have been on convos more than the 1,000 mark, or are you an every single person you commented to on this forum your blood brother?

Dalen an I never did dis-respect the tiger, not once...so whats the deal in you being a huge humbug...if you wanna back up the tiger...then do it by showing creditable data...because at this point I showed more data on tigers than all three of you monkeys did. I showed just about 20 accounts of tigers killing lions, are you really one of those guys who just dispises the lion that much out of biasness you stoop to being a troll, because if you are out there to degrade either any of them then we have a problem. Because I dont dig that shit, pal. If your that bias an cant handle that the one you chose is losing an refuse to put up any accord data wise, then your just a crybaby loser...plain an simple....so are you?

You don't seem to realise but no one here gives a fuck about lions or tigers. This thread has become all about you two.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
You don't seem to realise but no one here gives a fuck about lions or tigers. This thread has become all about you two.

Pfwa ha ha ha ha, are you that desperate an pathetic? Lets break it down an finish off the last of your egotistical delusions...in a good oh catagoire of debate tactics...

You don't seem to realise gives a fuck about lions or tigers.

There is more than 30 different members from this very forum who posted a small skit on the subject that they them selves looked into, so thats 30 slaps in your face...an....this thread which I'm not really counting, but remember that it was on 2,000 views when I first came.. now theres close to 7,000 so thats 6,000 slaps in your face.

Retrobutional comment=Are you proclaiming that no one on the planet gives a F about tigers an lions? Thats atleast 4 billion slaps. POW! XD XD

This thread has become all about you two.
Wow, so 100% of our comments had absolutely nothing to do with the subject? I rest my case.

Bonus round:

Posted by:randomrogue
Where have you read about this stuff? That sounds interesting.

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, we managed to scrape up the preeminent authority on interspecies battles in the world. Bravo, ATOT...bravo.

This has been one of the better threads in OT in a long time. Thanks for the information! (Though one may not be able to digest all of it :D)

The one question that Silver Prime has not posted much about is what happened to all these animals? It seemed like such a sad thing that thousands of these animals were living all over the world only a few centuries ago yet they are only found in a few places today. Did man really make that much progress in the last three centuries that so many of these animals simply go away?
-
-
Thank you come again ^_^

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Anyway you and wilycat are far more interesting.

Why are you that bothered about which animals are the best in a fight that you have to trawl around the internet.

You've both obviously had this conversation together already so why are you rehashing it here?

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Lol! You really are the gift that keeps on giving aren't you?

Huh! Yeah thats what I thought, but why are you commenting back so fast? You see the part that said 6,000 gave a F? So start slapping your self, an dont comment back until you clear the 6,000 mark, chump XD XD XD

I think I had enough fun watching you humilate yourself, so I think its about time for me to treat you as the idiot you are an ignore you...but feel free to as you say...trawl on. XD

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Huh! Yeah thats what I thought, but why are you commenting back so fast? You see the part that said 6,000 gave a F? So start slapping your self, an dont comment back until you clear the 6,000 mark, chump XD XD XD

I think I had enough fun watching you humilate yourself, so I think its about time for me to treat you as the idiot you are an ignore you...but feel free to as you say...trawl on. XD

You think all those views are people who need a random posters opinion on tigers and lions fighting?

I'll let you in on a secret. ATOT likes mad people, they are entertainment.

You my friend, are far more entertaining than any imaginary fight between two animals. :D

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Of course there are different scenarios, where a tiger could run up on a nomadic rougue asiatic lion in the jungle an possibly have the edge of an ambush aided by camoflauge, that is probably the most leverage the tiger will have in favor of the tiger.

But in terms of africa, an the lions full potential its not even a contest, its more of a mismatch, not even the worlds biggest an mightyest bears can take over a lions territory, which some lions own land up to a few K'ms of land, so any top predator wouldent even dream of steaking a territorial claim in lion country...simply because of the pride, hence another assest an reason why they were renowned as the King of the beast, they have similarities of human Kingdoms the Pride, which hunts an fights with Unity....

A tiger or kodiak might fair well against 2 lions an be able to hold them off or run without fatal injuries, but once the "Kingdom" via= prides males, lays eyes on you, then your as good as dead.

005786-JM1.jpg

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Originally Posted by Battle cat

would then send the off-balance enemy sprawling across the arena with a tremendous knock out."

lion-tiger-gift-30.gif

lionsmackstiger.gif

lion-tiger-fight5.gif
lionessrules.gif

Yeah those are some crazy highlights showing the knock out power lions have. You should see if you can convert them into HD that way they look more crisp...they are a bit foggy, either that, or you should see if you can get your hands on the dvd...

http://www.ioffer.com/i/tiger-vs-lion-animals-fighting-horrific-gore-dvd-202016988

I think its everlands one? ^

That way you can show all the content on it, instead of being like so many bias people an splice only what they wanna show.

Last edited:

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
No, you make the exact same grammar mistakes consistently and predictably across both accounts.

Your (horrendous) sentence structure is identical.

Your posting format is identical.

out of absofuckinglutely nowhere, you appear from the bowels of the internet to create an account on AT only to resurrect this dead thread, displaying weird yet mildly fascinating interest in this very useless topic (I mean, kudos if that's your thing and all). And then, suddenly, the exact same thing happens with some other new account, in 100% agreement, after you have already displayed some rather pointed and passionate rejection of "those
tiger people" that are out to get you. The cherry picking of data, the belief that you are in some sort of war with the other side of this non-debate...creating a second phony account simply to back yourself up is the hallmark of such meticulous, if not paranoid forum behavior.

You are either lazy or just not very smart in assuming that this isn't obvious to even the most casual reader.

I'm just going through the thread reading everything BUT their posts. It's entertaining. :)

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
I'll cover one more catagorie anatomy/attributes, an I should be good sharing an more so learning, again Mods an admins if its to much please say so, so I can edit it an erase some content an leave a shorter sum...Thanks ^_^

Power of the Lions Mane
3603794540_a5ee90fced.jpg

Video proof #1 lions mane protects his neck

80% of swipe or bite is protected by the mane, as you can see the mane protect’s bite’s that can usually add up on a tiger, yet it has no effect on the lion in terms the lion can completely focus on the attack, which in the big cat fight world, every bite count’s…
inage-4.gif

Video proof #2 lions mane protects his neck

If it were another tiger or a maneless lion that first lunge should have been enough, but the lions mane is able to halt multiple attempts of a throat an neck grab.
lion-throw.gif

[If its glitchy^, I'll find another one]

Experts opinion of the lions mane
lion’s mane protect’s male lion’s in combat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FtEEFZq_s

The lion also is protected around the neck by the heavy mane, which is an advantage. There is one instance I remember where a full grown lion and tiger engaged in combat, by unforeseen chance of course. It was when the John O’ Brien Show had its winter quarters in Philadelphia and I was connected with it. “A lion and a tiger were in a compartment cage, with a partition between. In some manner this partition was battered down in the night and the two big fellows got together. They had probably been issuing challenges to each other and promising what they would do to one another if the chance came. When morning arrived we found the two in the lion’s cage, the tiger dead and the lion all chew and clawed to pieces, but still full of fight.”
~George Conklln, “Adventures With a Circus”

Samantha Stephens, says the lions mane might not make a big difference, but it might be that crucial amount of difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK9etg51Do8

Documented account the mane protected a lion in a fight

Lion’s mane save’s him from tiger’s throat attempt, an also aidded the tiger to release due to breaking his breathing pattern.
Lionsmaneoffersprotection.jpg

Animal Expert Clyde beattys opinion on the lions mane

Not so with the lion who fights like a dog with only his front paws and teeth. He carries the fight to his opponent, centering the attack on the tiger's throat while his heavy mane protects his own throat. And with his extra weight in the forequarters, ...
http://books.google.com/books?id=vN...ane+protects+fights&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html

Kruger parks opinion

http://www.krugerpark.co.za/faq-on-lion.html
The mane is also a means of protection to the face and neck during fights between male lions.

Craig packer reinstate’s lion mane’s are for protecting

Packer1.jpg

Packer2.jpg

Kailash Sankhala Indian zoologist opinion on the mane
kailash-sankhala-tiger-trust-1.jpg

There is no direct evidence, but if we examine the probabilities in the case of a confrontation between the two some inferences can be drawn. In a fight would de unable to get close to the vital joint of a lion’s neck because of his thick mane, but the tiger is vulnerable to the lion. The film showed that the tiger was at an immediate disadvantage. Tigers use a throat grip as their primary means of killing and the lion's thick protective mane prevented the tiger gaining a hold on the throat joint. On the other hand, the tiger had no special protection, so was vulnerable to attack. In this fight, the tiger was killed. In any inter-species confrontation lions would also have the advantage of the who pride. But in my opinion a tiger is no match even for a single lion of equal strength.
~Tiger! The Story of the Indian Tiger, by Kailash Sankhala.
boldchamppics031-2.jpg

Schaller, George B. World Book Encyclopedia. 2002

Male lions are the only cats with manes. This collar of long, thick hair covers the head, except the face, and the neck down to the shoulders and chest. The mane makes the male look even bigger and stronger than he is. It also protects him during fights. The long, thick hair softens the blows of his foes.
Schaller, George B. World Book Encyclopedia. 2002 .

Mane protects even from grenades

A male lion's mane is designed to protect the animal from attacks from other lions. It apparently also works with hand grenades as well. Marjan's neck and chest were spared serious injury, but his face was badly mutilated by the blast.
http://www.lionlmb.org/lion/marjan.html

The most distinctive feature of the male lion is its mane, a collar of long, thick fur. An adolescent male's mane will begin to grow at 18 months, after which it will continue to grow and darken. A visual indicator of gender and power, the mane also serves to protect the lion's neck from other lions.
http://www.pbs.org/edens/etosha/lion.htm

Facts about lions

Their mane serves a number of purposes: a) it identifies him as a mature male to other lions, even at a distance b) it gives an appearance of increased size with little weight cost c) the condition of the mane conveys the level of health and vigour to female lions d) it can help protect the head and neck area in fights with other lions.
http://www.wildcatconservation.org/faq.shtml

L. Dora Schmitz, Sir E Ray Lankester
The lion's mane, not possessed by the female, is evidently such a weapon of defense; it is a excellent means of protection against the bites which the male lions try to inflict on each other's necks when fighting for the females; consequently those males with the strongest manes have the greatest advantedge for the sexual struggle.
The History of Creation, Or, The Development of the Earth and Its Inhabitants by the Action of naterual causes.

Big Cats: And Other Animals:

The Atlas lion differs from other lions in that the male has a long, thick, dark mane that extends along the back and ... hairs of the mane protect the neck and throat from scratches and bites during fights
http://books.google.com/books?id=S1...a=X&ei=lh4PUNPXF-H8iwL994CABw&ved=0CEkQ6AEwBw

The Virtues Unveiled

The male lion's mane, which increases with age, adds grandeur to this ferocious cat, and serves to visually intimidate other lions. It also protects the lion's throat against lethal bites during a fight. Allegorical (Greek, Allegoria) To say something ...
http://books.google.com/books?id=NN...X&ei=FyAPUOboOcPmiwKWvIDIDw&ved=0CCkQ6AEwATgK

No intruding lion is in any doubt that a lion territory is occupied. Maintaining territories involves a considerable amount of work, because they can be quite large. ln good lion habitat, such ... A lion's mane helps to protect his neck during fights. http://books.google.com/books?id=rP...a=X&ei=lh4PUNPXF-H8iwL994CABw&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAA

Antipredator Defenses in Birds and Mammals
If so, it is conceivable that a single male lion attacked by a pack of hyenas could reduce injury with the help of its mane.Manes protect males in interaspecific in other species. It may additionally confer advantages by limiting wounding in the neck region.
~Timothy M. Caro

Endangered Wildlife and Plants of the World: Igu-man

Coloration can vary widely from a light buff and silvery gray to yellowish red and golden brown. The male has a distinctive mane that apparently protects the neck when lions fight one another.
-

Again the lions mane can be by-passed to an extent the same way people with bullet proof vest have died from the impact or having the bullet go threw, the mane still provides the lion with 4 major things in a fight with a tiger.

It can make the tiger miss-judge the distance to get to the throat in high pace movements, catching air or only hair.

It can suphocate the tigers breating patterns forcing him to let go on each attempt for a head/neck/throat bite.

The mane which some grow so big it increases his mass 2 folds which can intimidate the tiger making the tiger think he's fighting a bigger foe, which breaks the bravery/willpower/determination an confidence to win.

The lions mane depending how large can absorb 50-80% of the blow the same way a warrior or knight wears a helmet, or a boxer wears a head gear. An the rare battle mane lions compliments to the barbary lions= the purpose the spartans crafted there shields larger than the average shield in fashion of the barbary lion..undisputed to any tiger sub-species or any big cat who the barbary lion was also pitted with the average asiatic, to african an even persian lion an because of the barbary lion having the largest an thickest amoung manes it complimented him to one of the reasons he never lost a fight. In fashion lions of today who are lucky to grow battle manes which are larger and extend down to the belly...can also protect against dissembowling moves.

Last edited:

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Well its that time, I think I'm done. Good luck dalen in getting more info tell the braddahs in yuku I said Wassup!...this was the last week on this subject, going to be boxed for time so we'll meet again some where down the line.

I hope everybody had as much fun as I had here in AT-OT sharing information on these majestic an powerful beast. Remember I only speak of this match up as hypothetical an purely for educational credability, I wish no harm on any animal...an these are dire times for both there spieces, so they need our help, doing little is still doing something so try an lend a hand in contrubiting your love in there direction. Please once in a while, do show appreciation for both big cats reguardless who you favor.

So I'll leave you with a song from the famous braddah Iz an the hui ohana, who was born an rasied in hawaii an lived on my side of waianae in Nanakuli god bless, and Aloha nui loas ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNLAvZTC7_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP6-BfkEWBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRTkJUlIcE

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
So when the Persian empire fell it was in many ways because the Arabs mutilated the Persian Battle Elephants. They blinded them and cut off their trunks. This turned the tide in one of the decisive battles.

Do you think they would have been better off with Battle Cats?

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I'd tranquilize one of each, declaw them, file down their teeth, inject them with methamphetamines and release them into a fully furnished living room, all while playing the Mortal Kombat theme song.
It's the simple things in life that make me smile.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
if only Silver Prime could put his bottomless energy to proper use and help settle the Terminator vs Predator debate for us.

:(

That's an easy one predator would destroy the terminator if its the original one. No contest.. The predator is just as good if not better hunter then the terminator, and has better weapons then the terminator did. And even if the predator was by some chance losing well we all know how that goes.. KABOOOM!

Now if we're talking about the liquid terminator well the predator wouldn't stand a chance.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Who's the one with no life, the one that has unearthed finds and artifacts of a creature carved and sculpted by the hands of men from cultures all around the world for centuries. Or the one that just sits around criticizing this, and who's profile pick is an odd bearded man with what looks to be a bomb on his head.

And oh yeah, trust me Hawaii is a place people in the states want to go too, sure beats the Middle east.

Hahaha so now you are also unearthing finds and artifacts of tigers? Your made-up backstory becomes more and more ridiculous over time.

Battle Cat

Jan 9, 2013
lionessrules.gif

Yeah those are some crazy highlights showing the knock out power lions have. You should see if you can convert them into HD that way they look more crisp...they are a bit foggy, either that, or you should see if you can get your hands on the dvd...

http://www.ioffer.com/i/tiger-vs-lion-animals-fighting-horrific-gore-dvd-202016988

I think its everlands one? ^

That way you can show all the content on it, instead of being like so many bias people an splice only what they wanna show.

Thanks for posting that DVD link I would be interested to see what fights they have on it, not sure if is actually Everland.
I agree on the clarity of the gifs, I'm going to make longer ones that will be clearer and I'm working on a very long youtube video that will show the lion's best fights.

Battle Cat

Jan 9, 2013
Well its that time, I think I'm done. Good luck dalen in getting more info tell the braddahs in yuku I said Wassup!...this was the last week on this subject, going to be boxed for time so we'll meet again some where down the line.

I hope everybody had as much fun as I had here in AT-OT sharing information on these majestic an powerful beast. Remember I only speak of this match up as hypothetical an purely for educational credability, I wish no harm on any animal...an these are dire times for both there spieces, so they need our help, doing little is still doing something so try an lend a hand in contrubiting your love in there direction. Please once in a while, do show appreciation for both big cats reguardless who you favor.

So I'll leave you with a song from the famous braddah Iz an the hui ohana, who was born an rasied in hawaii an lived on my side of waianae in Nanakuli god bless, and Aloha nui loas ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNLAvZTC7_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP6-BfkEWBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRTkJUlIcE

Cool Hawaiian music, sounds very peaceful, yeah there is so much bias against the lion by even top professionals, anyone just coming on the net for research to find the truth would never get it, all they would find out initially is how great the tiger is. There is so much bias. There are a lot of guys who have done great research made great post and videos, Bold, Leofwin, Lionclaws, Schamah, many others, but thanks Prime for the historical data you've gathered putting the expert and accounts list in chronological order, something none of the tiger supporters would do, and at the same time exposing many of the lies tiger fans have said.
Thanks a lot Prime, I put in all your recent list in Yuku,
same here, I'll catch you later down the road.
Have a good one take care of your self, if your
still on Authority I can see if I can get in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.