Lindsay Graham says he'd go to war for Chik-Fil-A

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
I was in one of these holes once.

Once.

About 20 years ago. Look at the menu prices. Gasped. Chuckled. Left.

It wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out they were basically a church ragging on the poor for money. Swore I'd never dirty my feet on their floor again.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I’ve never eaten CFA and probably never will, then again I haven’t had fast food for seven years.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
As a customer I find Chick-fil-a restaurants in my area to be clean, reasonably fast, with attentive polite service. I find them above average in those areas compared to other national chain restaurants in our area.

Personally I like the food and I like a good chicken sandwich. The waffle fries are merely ok
The owners politics however are abhorrent.

Nov 8, 2012
The owners politics however are abhorrent.

Show us 3 examples of what actions the owners of Chick-Fil-A have done that are "abhorrent"

Go on. Do tell.

Donated too much money to the Salvation Army, which is an EVIL CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION?!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Just an attention whore's latest feeble attempt to say "look at me... look at me".

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I regularly ate at Chik Fil A until their whole support of the marriage ban thing came out and then I stopped going. And that's it.

Good Sandwiches and sauces, but nothing that I couldn't live without. Learned how to make my own breaded chicken sandwiches the way i wanted and never looked back.

If other people want to eat there, I have no issues with that.

Also, apparently people aren't familiar with the concept of asexuals in this thread. Not being associated with a woman does not instantaneously = gay. That's a hold over from the old "nudge nudge, wink wink we feel special because we know his secret" days of thinking. Kind of like the whole "She has mint tic tacs on her desk so she must be into kinky blowjobs" bullshit that was going around for a while.

Not saying Lindsey isn't or is gay, just that its kind of fucked up to insist that he is and that he needs to be outed because he says stupid shit.

Reactions: thilanliyan
Feb 16, 2005
I would too - it's the only fast food restaurant worth a shit :p

But srsly, I haven't eaten at a MCD, BK, Wendys, etc... in.... shit, 5+ years? As long as I can remember at minimal.

Chick-Fil-A is fucking awesome though. Spicy Chicken Sammich - or the Spicy Chicken Breakfast biscuit is awesome. Plus Nuggets + Waffle Fries.

Chick-Fil-A though is a classic case though of "I don't give a fuck what your politics are" because they continue to sell out the ass regardless of how butt-hurt libtards get of their religious aspects.

They also have some of the most genuine employees with the highest pay+benefits that exist in fast food. So... lol suck it?
fuck chik-fil-a, and home depot and hobby lobby, and goya

Nov 8, 2012
Reactions: BlueWeasel
Nov 8, 2012
Reactions: BlueWeasel

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
They are balls deep in stupidity if you can't tell. Just the concept of donating money to places that intend to help people... and calling that.... "abhorrent" is the definition of insanity.

I know 100% that CFA stopped using their money to donate to anti-gay organizations, and that's when I finally tried their food, but then found out it was a pure marketing move and nothing more. I'm pretty sure they hired a new marketing officer that helped usher this 'new' era in. But the owner still has those views, has not denounced them, and he profits the most from CFA. So why support a known piece of shit? I know it turns you on to support homophobes, but that's another story.

Reactions: Meghan54

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I've eaten there (GF granddaughter lives for that crap), I really don't see what all the fuss is about, there are much better chicken fast food places then them. only time I stop there is when the granddaughter is visiting.

Reactions: hal2kilo

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD.

The HORRORS of donating money! The nerve of these pricks! They might as well just be lynching LGBTQ folks, it's that bad if not worse!

Apparently they felt it was wrong enough to say they weren't going to, but keep doing it anyways.

You mad bro?

I mean, you asked for reasons, lol.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Regardless of their political stance, CFA is freaking amazing. Good food, great service, and super fast production. All the other FF places need to go there for training.
I finally had one of the unbelievable chicken sandwiches, when I visited my brother in Virginia. Completely underwhelmed.
Batter is salty.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Lindsay might go to war for CFA, but Chick Fil A wouldn't go to war for Lindsay unless he took 3 spicy chicken sandwiches in the ass for them on christian television, and then admitted to being a sinner. Which he might just do, if Trump promised him a reach around.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
What'd home depot do?
I wondered that too, but I'm not sure I want to know.. Lowes messed up a few years back too, but I don't really have a choice in avoiding either of them. Local lumber and appliance options have been gone for years.