Lindsay Graham says he'd go to war for Chik-Fil-A

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Would be nice to hear Lindsey say he'd go towards for the middle class or for health care or struggling families. But sure go die on a hill for chick fila you clown.

This 100%. The GQP cares only about the richest and their culture wars. LIterally that's it.

Reactions: thilanliyan

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
The Shake Shack chicken sandwich is FAR superior to any other fast food offering I've had. Seriously underrated sandwich. They recently did a limited time one that was Korean style with gochujang that was quite excellent.
I missed out on it, was gone by the time I made it back to Shake Shack :(
Hoping another location opens up nearer to me, the nearby ones only work out if I'm already deep in Seattle for something else.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I missed out on it, was gone by the time I made it back to Shake Shack :(
Hoping another location opens up nearer to me, the nearby ones only work out if I'm already deep in Seattle for something else.
Have they moved out of the Northeast market?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Had an interesting lunch today, lots of nearby converstion to suppress giggles over. Have to say, I really enjoyed listening to the usual suspects rant about consumers being critical of CFA's politics and choice, just incensed at others involving politics with good food.

Then proceed to rant and froth about Ben & Jerry's pulling out of occupied Palestinian territories, hahaha A fiver says they'll be all for the boycott that comes down on sales that continue in Israel.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Have to say, I'm really enjoying listening to the usual suspects rant about consumers being critical of CFA's politics and choice, just incensed at others involving politics with good food.

Then proceed to rant and froth about Ben & Jerry's pulling out of occupied Palestinian territories. A fiver says they'll be all for the boycott that comes down on sales that continue in Israel.

A lack of self-awareness this bad in adults really does worry me though.
I'm certain that they're fully aware of their partisan hypocrisy.

And as I had previously mentioned that there are much better choices for a chicken sandwich than Chick fil a, I feel the need to be fair and mention that, while Ben and Jerrys is pretty darned good, there are also better choices for ice cream than them. I'm particularly fond of Salt and Straw, which started off as a food cart in Portland 10 years ago and now has some 20 locations in a few cities across the country.

But seriously, Americans' brand loyalty to crap corporate foods is appalling IMO.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

And as I had previously mentioned that there are much better choices for a chicken sandwich than Chick fil a, I feel the need to be fair and mention that, while Ben and Jerrys is pretty darned good, there are also better choices for ice cream than them. I'm particularly fond of Salt and Straw, which started off as a food cart in Portland 10 years ago and now has some 20 locations in a few cities across the country.

But seriously, Americans' brand loyalty to crap corporate foods is appalling IMO.

Agree on the higher end ice cream and crap foods. I want to do a trip to the West coast when all the hubbub dies down, think I might investigate this Salt and Straw when I do. Pretty sure Ben and Jerry's came into it more or less because I'm in VT, and talking shit about them here strikes me as little different than talkin shit about CFA when in Georgia. People get touchy.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Lindsay Graham hasn't met a war he doesn't like. I bet he and Chuck Schumer get along really well.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Well, okay, but if you start talking about haplogroups and archano-capitalism, my concern for your mental wellness will go to plaid.
Oh wait, I was confusing you with ringtail and wondering what the hell happened to your brain. Now it all makes sense.

Mar 11, 2004

Remember Americans slitting their wrists when Hostess went bankrupt?

Well, okay, but if you start talking about haplogroups and archano-capitalism, my concern for your mental wellness will go to plaid.

At first I read that as arachno-capitalism.

Reactions: nickqt

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Maybe I'm a liberal elitist, but the conservative love of fast food just never ceases to amaze me. Here in the bombed out wreck of Portland where I live, devastated as we are by years of antifa violence, there are like a dozen food carts where I can get a spicy chicken sandwich that makes chick fil a taste like McDonalds. For lunch today, I had grubhub deliver a spicy gyro on samoon bread from this halal market... so freakin good it'll make you cry.
While these idiots brag about which version of McDs they think is best, like that's cool. Whatever, hillbilly.
Freaking awesome when the capital of white hipster land calls others hillbillies. Condescend much before or after your samoon bread?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Freaking awesome when the capital of white hipster land calls others hillbillies. Condescend much before or after your samoon bread?
You hillbillies sure get pissy easy. What happened, you get too high on meth tonight, and then accidentally dried your papa's klansmen robes on high instead of delicate at the trailer park laundromat and shrunk them? Truly losing the heritage that part of the GQP base holds onto for dear life. Shitty night.

Hopefully tomorrow you can recoup by fucking your fat cousin with the confederate flag tramp stamp tattoo.

Man, hipsters can be annoying, but at least they have evolved to human. Redneck hillbillies are neanderthals.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
This bullshit coming from someone who uses the word "progreshivick" as a derogatory term in nearly all his posts. Fuck off hypocrite traitor hillbilly moron! Nobody is buying your faux outrage...EVER! You better tell the Kremlin your mission on Andantech has failed!