Limbaugh was a victim of excessive profit motive . . .

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Great. Good for you. Is that your WHOLE life story? Or is there more? Frankly, I'm getting awfully tired of your off-topic posts

Well BeatyourMonkey I could care less what you think and like I said this is the cereal bowl and I get more laughs everytime I come here, No that is not my hole life story but I will be glad to give it to you if you give me your email, Would just take to much room in the Libs and news

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: DoubleL
Great. Good for you. Is that your WHOLE life story? Or is there more? Frankly, I'm getting awfully tired of your off-topic posts

Well BeatyourMonkey I could care less what you think and like I said this is the cereal bowl and I get more laughs everytime I come here, No that is not my hole life story but I will be glad to give it to you if you give me your email, Would just take to much room in the Libs and news

Wait. You're chastising someone for posting off-topic? Aren't you the guy who originally brought up Kennedy and his coke?

Feb 3, 2001
Well, I don't know *why* this has turned into such a big deal for you guys. Chances are that even if he *is* accused and convicted of possession/use of the drug illegally, all that will happen is that he'll be fined and he'll walk away. He's already done --voluntarily-- what courts usually demand in cases of drug use, which is to say he's already gone to get help and spent 30 days in rehab with continued therapy for the problem. I've had friends who were caught and convicted of possessing *illegal* drugs such as speed and all they ended up with was an order to get rehab and a few hundred dollar fine. Chances are that Limbaugh will get the same if he's even charged.

I don't see what the worry is in this, nor why some want to deify Rush or why others want to "bring him down." This is a *simple* and *common* problem and mistake that many, many people make. The only time, IMHO, that you should make a stink about it is when the person refuses to acknowledge or address the issue, and Rush hasn't done either of those.

Just relax, guys, it's not a big deal ;)

Merry CHristmas!

Jason

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Isn't Bret Favre an overrated quarterback whom the conservative media prop up because they want to see a white guy succeed? :D

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The blackmail ? If there was blackmail it did not happen in a vacuum. Are you forgetting that Rush pimped out his maid to cop illegal drugs. If she had been busted by the cops, does anyone think Rush would have fessed up? The maid was taking all the risks she should have been paid.

Motives prosecutor ? I see a lot of whining that prosecutors are out to get Rush because of his political views. I haven?t seen any information that would reveal the political leanings of the Florida DA. We do know prosecutors often go after high profile people because it sends a message.

Motives dittoheads ? Are you people outraged because the DA is going after your God or is it abuse of government and these arcane drug laws? I doubt you have sympathy for Courtney Love (busted for same drug) or Tommy Chong (busted for selling bongs on the internet). Oh, I forgot those people are different. They are just a bunch of dopers!

The spin ? The reason this story is being spun as blackmail is Rush?s lack of courage. If he had the stones to buy his own drugs it would just be another busted addict.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Isn't Bret Favre an overrated quarterback whom the conservative media prop up because they want to see a white guy succeed? :D

LOL:)

p4crusher

Dec 5, 2003
Read all the post and news reports plus limbaugh's anti drug rhetoric and looks like he getting his just deserts.
He's a big mouth racist drug addict trying to shift the blame for his own misconduct.:D

Bitdog

Dec 3, 2003
Maintaining a home for the purposes of using drugs is a federal law, a felony crime, 40 years in jail, $500,000 max.
That's the zero tollerance he has supported & helped shove down the throats of others in this country as head
of his hate group.
He needs to do that kind of time to set an example to those who support Rush & the drug war.
If Rushes home was within 1000 feet of a school, double the 40 years to 80 years in federal maximum security jail.
Yep, your federal governments drugs laws are life in jail for even smoking pot.
AND 50% of people under 20 have smoked the reasonably harmless pot.
That makes criminals out of 50% of our children for harming no one.

If Rush knowingly had illegal drugs in his posession within 1000 feet of a school, (even driving by)
he is guilty of a felony criminal offence and needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law he supports.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
I'm sure I remember seeing Rush say on his TV show that ANYONE who got hooked on alcohol or any other drug was just a weak individual.
That's what I've thought about Rush for years, I guess this proves it and by his own standards I might add. :)
I feel better now hehe

villager

Oct 17, 2002
Holy smoke, what planet do you come from. The jails are bursting with people who were caught buying drugs. In any case, remember when Rush first claimed that the money he was withdrawing was walking around money. Now it is blackmail money. First he said the meds were for the pain from back surgery, now he says to took the meds to avoid back surgery. He needs to get his cover story straight. If the housekeeper was, as she claimed, forced by Rush to buy drugs then Rush is dead meat. I just wonder how much he opposes on gay marriage. A couple years in the big house might change his mind.