Limbaugh was a victim of excessive profit motive . . .

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
when housekeepers attack

During a hearing over whether prosecutors should have access to Limbaugh's medical records, attorney Roy Black said Limbaugh paid "extreme amounts of money" to Wilma Cline, his former housekeeper, and her husband, first for pills and then for extortion. Black alleged that the Clines had threatened to go public with information about Limbaugh's drug use unless they received $4 million.
Maybe Rush should have ordered over the Internet or sent a friend to Canada.

The Clines later went public with their charges in the National Enquirer, alleging that Limbaugh's representative had paid them hush money. Sources said the couple was paid a six-figure sum for their story.
Damn, they were running the train on poor Rush. Alas Rush didn't believe the truth would set him free . . . actually he realized the truth wouldn't get him off . . . free of charge.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
I am not a rich man but do have to live in pain eveyday from two rounds from a AK-47, Now would I break the law and buy pain killers if it took the pain away, In a heartbeat

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I like how Rush and his attorney basically invent a reason why he couldn't go to the authorities and tell them of this huge conspiracy to "get him" - as usual, everyone's out to get Rush. He, of course, never brought this on himself ....

Black said Limbaugh wanted to contact the FBI, but was told by an unidentified friend that if he went to the authorities, they would target him, and his political enemies would use the information against him.

Which is plainly ridiculous, as he ended up coming out with this information after the fact anyhow. If what he's saying is true, he should have just gone to the FBI - that way HE could have been the one to break the story.

Besides, what does this dog & pony show about the alleged blackmail have to do with them seizing his medical records? Clearly, if he's under investigation, the authorities are going to be visiting these medical offices of doctors Rush had "business" with and they're going to be checking into what has transpired via the medical records. Those records are evidence in a criminal investigation - does Rush get special rights no one else in his situation would get?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Confidentiality within the patient-doctor relationship is relatively secure but it's amazing just how many companies/people can access your medical record. HIPPA made it more complicated but not necessarily more secure. If the authorities subpoena'd the doctors Rush would be sitting pretty . . . by going after the records there's a much lower bar.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I don't believe HIPAA protects medical records when there is a criminal investigation -- does it?

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Limbaugh only reveal the whole thing when he knew it was going to come out, not exactly the great honorable guy he protraits himself to be.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Humm let me see, Rush was getting pain killers from a drug dealer and then she tried to blackmail him and Rush is the one that is in trouble, I must be missing something here, I don't think I saw anyone jumping on old Teddy back when he had coke shipped through the US mail to his senate office, Not for pain , Just to get high, You just have to laugh at the left,

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DoubleL
Humm let me see, Rush was getting pain killers from a drug dealer and then she tried to blackmail him and Rush is the one that is in trouble, I must be missing something here, I don't think I saw anyone jumping on old Teddy back when he had coke shipped through the US mail to his senate office, Not for pain , Just to get high, You just have to laugh at the left,
Jumps on Teddy's back about many things as he is scum but I never heard about the coke. Got a Link??

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: DoubleL
Jumps on Teddy's back about many things as he is scum but I never heard about the coke. Got a Link??

Not a fan of Teddy and his swimming lessons but I agree with Red - Link please to the soda can.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Crazee
Please enlighten us with the coke link.

Yah I want to hear more about this one...I just thought he was a murdering drunk, not a coke-head ;)

From what I remember, I don't recall Teddy using, but there was/is speculation that John did.

Yes I know the source may not be the best but the story came from Reuters I guess

CkG

I guess Teddy's son has admitted to using too.

CkG

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I don't see the relevance . . . were the Kennedy's overcharged for their coke?

Maybe we should ask President Bush if his supplier gave him a good rate?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Relevance? I dunno - people wanted info - I provided what I knew about and found links for them.

Makes little difference in the Limbaugh case though. However I will make one comment about abusing prescription pain pills. A certain professional athlete was once addicted to the same/similar drugs as Rush was. That athlete is still a considered a good rolemodel for the youth of America by some and infact he will is arguably one of the best to play the game. If you watched ABC last night you would have seen him play one of his best games ever. Now, again - none of this excuses what both of these people did - abuse prescription drugs, but it also doesn't make them worse than you or me.

CkG

PS for those across the pond and/or those who are sports impaired - the athlete above was in reference to Brett Farve of the Green Bay Packers. WOOT - Go Pack! :D

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
excerpt from a tell-all book written by Sinatra's former valet

Tie in to Teddy?
Could not find anything regarding kennedy using the search in reuters.com date limited?

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001

Relevance? I dunno - people wanted info - I provided what I knew about and found links for them.

Makes little difference in the Limbaugh case though. However I will make one comment about abusing prescription pain pills. A certain professional athlete was once addicted to the same/similar drugs as Rush was. That athlete is still a considered a good rolemodel for the youth of America by some and infact he will is arguably one of the best to play the game. If you watched ABC last night you would have seen him play one of his best games ever. Now, again - none of this excuses what both of these people did - abuse prescription drugs, but it also doesn't make them worse than you or me.

CkG

PS for those across the pond and/or those who are sports impaired - the athlete above was in reference to Brett Farve of the Green Bay Packers. WOOT - Go Pack! :D

Big difference between Brett Favre and Rush. Brett abused prescription drugs with a prescription. Rush is accused of acquiring the drugs illegally.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Big difference between Brett Favre and Rush. Brett abused prescription drugs with a prescription. Rush is accused of acquiring the drugs illegally.

Actually your assertion isn't entirely accurate. Rush and Farve both did have prescriptions for the meds - Both got hooked, and I can say with 99% certainty that Farve did not obtain all his meds legally;) Was Brett charged or even investigated? Not to my knowledge.

CkG

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
This is the first time in my life I have heard of authorities targeting the buyer instead of supplier.

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001

CkG

Actually your assertion isn't entirely accurate. Rush and Farve both did have prescriptions for the meds - Both got hooked, and I can say with 99% certainty that Farve did not obtain all his meds legally;) Was Brett charged or even investigated? Not to my knowledge.

CkG

Well if we really want to get to accuracy on assertions, lets really compare the Favre and Rush situations. Favre at his worst has admitted to 13 tabs a day addiction to Vicodin. Rush has admitted to a 30/day addiction to Oxycontin a far more powerful drug. It is called synthetic morphine.

I am sure that you and Brett must be close to know with 99% certainty that he did not obtain all his meds legally. I find it interesting that he would have to obtain them illegally when a Doctor never refused writing him a prescription.

Besides as you told me in another thread, please save the diversions, this is a thread about Rush ;)

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

CkG

CkG

Well if we really want to get to accuracy on assertions, lets really compare the Favre and Rush situations. Favre at his worst has admitted to 13 tabs a day addiction to Vicodin. Rush has admitted to a 30/day addiction to Oxycontin a far more powerful drug. It is called synthetic morphine.

I am sure that you and Brett must be close to know with 99% certainty that he did not obtain all his meds legally. I find it interesting that he would have to obtain them illegally when a Doctor never refused writing him a prescription.

Besides as you told me in another thread, please save the diversions, this is a thread about Rush ;)

No doctor would allow a patient 13 vicodin a day. Ive had a few very serious injuries and they would escalate to a different med or cut you off.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: nutxo
This is the first time in my life I have heard of authorities targeting the buyer instead of supplier.

Yeah the lying scumbag will be the first user to ever go to jail for using. Most of the time when some one gets busted for using it doesn't make the news but because limbaugh is a public figure without any real power it makes the news.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Spencer278
Originally posted by: nutxo

Yeah the lying scumbag will be the first user to ever go to jail for using. Most of the time when some one gets busted for using it doesn't make the news but because limbaugh is a public figure without any real power it makes the news.

Id would like to know what Rush lied about, he sure seems to get yalls panties in a bunch.

I think its hilarious they are trying to prosecute Rush. I think they had better hope they nail him. If I were him I would use every available resource to destroy the prosecutor after I was found innocent.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG

No, there was an analogy to specific cases of prescription drug abuse and it stuck to the topic - not a diversion to change the taget of criticism(which I stated). However if you want to debate the legality of the prescriptions - fine, but they both were prescribed meds, both got hooked, and both did not obtain them legitimately. Whether or not Farve got prescriptions for all of them doesn't mean that they were prescribed legitimately either, however - it may limit his legal liability. The "powerfulness" of the prescription drug is meaningless in this discussion because they were both prescribed, originally for legitimate reasons. Both abused them - both have taken full responsibility for doing so.

CkG