Liberal Tolerance is a Total Fallacy

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Where'd I say that again? Can you link the post, please?

That is easy. When I said that being intolerant means you are not tolerant, you disagreed. So you obviously think that being intolerant means you are not being intolerant.

If you disagree, if you actually think that being intolerant means you are not tolerant, simply say so and I will remove it.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
That is easy. When I said that being intolerant means you are not tolerant, you disagreed. So you obviously think that being intolerant means you are not being intolerant.

If you disagree, if you actually think that being intolerant means you are not tolerant, simply say so and I will remove it.

So... no link then? Because I don't think what you're saying there is an accurate reflection of our previous discussion on the subject.

Also, did you change your sig to reflect that reality that I never said what you were previously attributing to me as a quote?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So... no link then? Because I don't think what you're saying there is an accurate reflection of our previous discussion on the subject.

Also, did you change your sig to reflect that reality that I never said what you were previously attributing to me as a quote?

I noticed you refused to say you do not believe as my sig says. Interesting. You are whining about it but refuse to say it is not true.

You obviously DO believe the intolerance is not intolerance. Odd...

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
1148_1253230725640.jpg

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
what you're saying is not accurate

I've fixed your quote to be closer to the truth for cybrsage. Really just trimmed it and replaced one word, but it is pretty much the perfect quote for .... every single last post he's ever had in this forum

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It is not MY fault he thinks being intolerant is not being intolerant. Do YOU also think being intolerant is not being intolerant too?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I have just come to accept that selective deceptive editing, intentional obtuse misinterpretation, childish argumentation and occasional outright prevarication are Standard Operating Procedure for a cybrstooge.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I noticed you refused to say you do not believe as my sig says. Interesting. You are whining about it but refuse to say it is not true.

You obviously DO believe the intolerance is not intolerance. Odd...

Addressing your nonsense implies that I am engaged in some sort of conversation where mutual respect exists and your disinformation warrants a response.

I'm not even whining or butt-hurt. You have to attribute characteristics to me that suit the narrative that you endeavor to control. I'm sorry you're having such a poor time of it, but I appreciate the moments of your life you've devoted to me. Carry on. I'm having a blast!

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
The left is tolerant of everyone!

Except those who disagree with them.

Can be said for the right also, but they don't tout the retarded claim of "tolerance" nearly as often as the left does.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Can be said for the right also, but they don't tout the retarded claim of "tolerance" nearly as often as the left does.

So, what is the "tolerant" you ask?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Also, see the rise of homosexuality in prisons.

Don't confuse the combination of opportunism and access with homosexual desire. Homosexual sex in prisons is, overwhelmingly, driven by the combination of lack of the opposite sex and the male sexual drive... not innate desire that manifests with the exercise of free will.

And the number of homosexuals who got married and had children(implying heterosexuals sex).

Many explanations for this rather rare phenomenon are a lot more plausible than yours.

1. Some aren't really homosexual. Their sexuality, as defined by the Kinsey scale, would be closer to heterosexual than homosexual.

2. Some still have homosexual desires, and make arrangements (honest and otherwise) to have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Addressing your nonsense implies that I am engaged in some sort of conversation where mutual respect exists and your disinformation warrants a response.

:D Sounds like you are still butt hurt. I recommend some petrolium jelly for the chafing.

I'm not even whining or butt-hurt.

Sure sure, not even you believe that.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Remember, being intolerant does not mean you are being intolerant! So says the left!

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
:D Sounds like you are still butt hurt. I recommend some petrolium jelly for the chafing.

Sure sure, not even you believe that.

Ohhhh... look how sad you are that your attempts to paint me as offended continue to flop and fail. But never stop! Your devoted attention is my new drug!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That's true if and only if one claims to be tolerant of everything.

Did anyone do that here? Has anyone done that ever?

This is the reason thise whole thread is itself fallacious. It is a straw man construct where one person assigns a belief to others without evidence and then attacks them for it.

The mall in question did nothing hypocritical here unless they previously claimed that they were tolerant of all viewpoints and would not discriminate on that basis. But there's no evidence that they did that, so this is just more typical right-wing dishonesty / inability to understand simple concepts.
So you're tolerant of everything with which you agree. Welcome to the club, we're called EVERYONE.

:D +1

Don't confuse the combination of opportunism and access with homosexual desire. Homosexual sex in prisons is, overwhelmingly, driven by the combination of lack of the opposite sex and the male sexual drive... not innate desire that manifests with the exercise of free will.

Many explanations for this rather rare phenomenon are a lot more plausible than yours.

1. Some aren't really homosexual. Their sexuality, as defined by the Kinsey scale, would be closer to heterosexual than homosexual.

2. Some still have homosexual desires, and make arrangements (honest and otherwise) to have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.
Many of the gay people I've known had hetero marriages before deciding they were gay, several with children produced. Hetero is the de facto standard for all people, and it often takes decades for someone to realize or admit they are gay - that they are different. But arguing born or made is a fool's errand; it's no one else's business why one chooses to screw and/or love and/or live with and/or marry whom they choose.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ohhhh... look how sad you are that your attempts to paint me as offended continue to flop and fail. But never stop! Your devoted attention is my new drug!

Yes, many people are addicted to me - they cannot help it. You are simply one of many. It is not your fault, you simply lack the will to resist my amazingness.

Don't be sad, be happy that you are one of the many now.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Are you also one of those who pretend that being intolerant does not mean you are being intolerant?

No, I'm one of the (apparently few) people on this thread who understands what tolerance actually means and how it works, as opposed to the dishonest nonsense that people like you claim is believed by others just so you can make fun of it.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Yes, many people are addicted to me - they cannot help it. You are simply one of many. It is not your fault, you simply lack the will to resist my amazingness.

Don't be sad, be happy that you are one of the many now.

It's not the amazingness, in actual fact. It's your sweet sweet life. All these moments handed over to me. It's like your own slow suicide to which you're making me an accomplice.

Those windmills aren't going to fight themselves. The straw men won't knock over themselves. Never stop dreaming!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No, I'm one of the (apparently few) people on this thread who understands what tolerance actually means and how it works, as opposed to the dishonest nonsense that people like you claim is believed by others just so you can make fun of it.

So that means you believe this:

tol·er·ance

   /ˈtɒlərəns/ http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.htmlShow Spelled[tol-er-uhns] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.htmlShow IPA
noun 1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tolerance?s=t

So since you believe this, you also believe that being intolerant means you are being intolerant, correct? There is no "I can be against something and want it stopped but I am still tolerant" position without pretending the meaning of the word tolerance is something other than what it actually is.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It's not the amazingness, in actual fact. It's your sweet sweet life. All these moments handed over to me. It's like your own slow suicide to which you're making me an accomplice.

I realize you say this to hide your desire for me, but it really does sound silly.

Those windmills aren't going to fight themselves. The straw men won't knock over themselves. Never stop dreaming!

At the rate you are going, I think you will get them all shortly. Do not slow down!