lets talk hotdogs...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I just never buy hot dogs anymore. I buy sausages of various kinds, even make my own. Hot dogs are sausages, for sure, skinnier and generally less interesting.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
False advertising

false advertising?/ NOT!! You have to be a complete moron if you expect to get schnitzel....
This company has been around since 1961! They made there name in selling some of the best tasting chili dogs and chili cheese dogs!!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
false advertising?/ NOT!! You have to be a complete moron if you expect to get schnitzel....
This company has been around since 1961! They made there name in selling some of the best tasting chili dogs and chili cheese dogs!!
I think I'll try that. That and an Orange Julius would probably make my day. But I haven't seen an OJ stand in 40+ years I think.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Wie·ner schnit·zel
/ˈvēnər ˌSHnitsəl/
noun
noun: Wienerschnitzel
  1. a dish consisting of a thin slice of veal that is breaded, fried, and garnished.
    "in Vienna we had Wiener schnitzel and beer"

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Hoffy dogs - https://www.hoffybrand.com/category/products/franks/

Although it may be a surprise to some, Los Angeles is a true center of Hot Dog indulgence. Angelenos enjoy more than 95 million hot dogs each year, more than any other city in the nation.* So, while many other cities celebrate smothering their dogs to the point of being unrecognizable, we celebrate franks for their own sake. That means they must be delicious before your favorite toppings go on.

For decades Hoffy had a simple message: HAVE A HOFFY! No frills and no fuss, just straightforward and uncomplicated. Why? Because we knew that once you tasted a Hoffy, you’d be hooked. This dedication to both tradition and quality led to our natural casing beef frankfurters becoming the legendary hot dog of Hollywood’s favorite eateries, and some of Hollywood’s favorite stars!

As many other local meat processing companies consolidated and moved their operations east, we have remained family-owned and family-run, keeping the Hoffy brand true to our roots. We’ve kept the same recipes and the same devotion to our craft so our customers always know what they’re getting: great flavor and great quality.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
there is this stand here that serves tacos and hot dogs, best hotdog ever. wrap the dog in bacon, fry in the grease on the flat top. bun, beans, mayo, mustard, cheese, diced tomato.

Sometimes the drink guy is set up with horchata, melon drink and a few others.
There are a lot of stands or trucks that make real good chili cheese dogs!
Weinerschnitzel has many many locations and the quality is the same from location to location!
Quite frankly we have a guy who drives a Hot Dog Truck and all he sells are real good hotdogs!
Many different varietys!!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Hoffy dogs - https://www.hoffybrand.com/category/products/franks/

Although it may be a surprise to some, Los Angeles is a true center of Hot Dog indulgence. Angelenos enjoy more than 95 million hot dogs each year, more than any other city in the nation.* So, while many other cities celebrate smothering their dogs to the point of being unrecognizable, we celebrate franks for their own sake. That means they must be delicious before your favorite toppings go on.

For decades Hoffy had a simple message: HAVE A HOFFY! No frills and no fuss, just straightforward and uncomplicated. Why? Because we knew that once you tasted a Hoffy, you’d be hooked. This dedication to both tradition and quality led to our natural casing beef frankfurters becoming the legendary hot dog of Hollywood’s favorite eateries, and some of Hollywood’s favorite stars!

As many other local meat processing companies consolidated and moved their operations east, we have remained family-owned and family-run, keeping the Hoffy brand true to our roots. We’ve kept the same recipes and the same devotion to our craft so our customers always know what they’re getting: great flavor and great quality.
OMG, I'm probably going for a weekend to LA in the next month or two. Will see if I can have one of those Hoffy dogs... *growl* Might be a long shot, I won't have a car. Maybe my nephew will be into it. He probably knows, he would. :)

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Hot dogs are good but if I'm grilling I'm doing bratwurst with peppers and onions.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Hot dogs are good but if I'm grilling I'm doing bratwurst with peppers and onions.
I discovered why sausage sandwiches were vastly superior to most "hot dogs" when I lived in Cambridge, Mass. briefly. There was a little joint called "Elsie's" that served up a variety of sausage sandwiches. They had a date bar dessert that I still crave, I am sure they made it on the premises and I've never found the like anywhere. They were right next to Harvard in the mid-1960's and the students used to hit it.