lets talk hotdogs...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Anatomy of a Sonoran hotdog
l.jpg

The chipelone is a Sonoran hotdog that has the added benefits of a bun grilled with butter and a hint of melted cheese. Tis quite tasty.
l.jpg

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Pearl Hot Dogs... only have found them in MA where I grew up. Bigger than the average weener, but have a great snap and amazing flavor when grilled. Slap it on a NE style hot dog roll that has been grilled with butter and it's amazing. You can put whatever you want on there, but I prefer mustard relish.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Nathan's hot dogs and Only Nathans Hot Dogs. Mustard is good on them. Then the real decision is to toast or not toast the buns. I usually have one toasted and one not toasted.

Reactions: qliveur

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I've been getting aldi organic uncured hotdogs for awhile now. A little spendy, but waaay better than the average supermarket dog. On top, it's usually jalapeño and raw onion, or kraut, and maybe some Swiss cheese. If I'm being lazy, spiced mustard.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
This just goes to show how utterly confused they are, if they go from that to a fucking hot dog with ketchup and mayo on it.

Hotsog is junk food. Dressing it up with dijon mustard is not going to help.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
my all time favourite hot dogs were Shopsy's Private Recipe all beef frankfurters. There was only 4 to a pack and they were 1/4 lb each. They were great when grilled. A little onion, some relish and a bit of ketchup.

I really miss them.

:(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is how it is served in Buenos Aires. And we all know Argentines know how to eat.

various individual parts of the cow, yes of course they know what they are doing. Combined random parts of the cow in a casing....they clearly do not.

Mar 11, 2004
Anatomy of a Sonoran hotdog
l.jpg

The chipelone is a Sonoran hotdog that has the added benefits of a bun grilled with butter and a hint of melted cheese. Tis quite tasty.
l.jpg

Why would you ruin that by putting a hot dog in it? I still am surprised that they didn't just push for lots of bacon instead of hot dogs with the bacon craze.

I'm surprised they haven't pushed hot dog shaped beef patties. Or breakfast dogs with 2-3 sausage links end to end in a toasted bun with like scrambled eggs or maybe an elongated fried egg. And of course bacon would already be well suited for a breakfast dog.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Nathans or Hebrew National. Grilled. Onions and brown deli mustard. Or sauerkraut and deli mustard. Anything else is an abomination.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I was born in Joliet, my brother still lives outside of Chicago. I can safely say that Chicagoans are completely wrong about ketchup on hot dogs, especially since they just slap a giant tomato wedge on instead. If you want to bitch and moan about an arbitrary ingredient that should have no place on a hot dog look no further than celery salt. And pickle relish doesn't need gallons of unnecessary food dyes so that it can be seen from low orbit.

But, given their absolutely incorrect opinions about "pizza" I shouldn't be surprised about their indefensible claims about hot dogs.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
there is this stand here that serves tacos and hot dogs, best hotdog ever. wrap the dog in bacon, fry in the grease on the flat top. bun, beans, mayo, mustard, cheese, diced tomato.

Sometimes the drink guy is set up with horchata, melon drink and a few others.