Lets talk about Jihad Barbie

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
When women like this coerce sex from inmates surely it's because they're attracted to violent men...

I do not think it is about the violence per say, but more towards the man has certain genetic traits the woman is attracted to.

We are looking at this through todays eyes. What was going on 50,000 years ago, what about 150,000 years ago? Because those times also play a roll in our genetics.

If a woman had kids with a weak, small and non-aggressive man, what were the chances of her kids surviving? Would that child be able to hunt mammoth, or protect the family from a dire wolf?

Just stop. You're approaching Nehalem levels of crazy.

Really?

Facts are crazy?

Facts may be uncomfortable to deal with, but they are facts.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
As for the image in the OP:

I see one woman who probably hasn't killed -or even physically harmed- *anyone* ever in her life, and in all likelihood never will unless it was someone sneaking into her house with intent to harm her children, herself, or her family.

I see one woman who's in all likelihood already dead by her own hand, while in the act of using her own exploding body to kill as many completely innocent children, women and men as she could sneak herself close enough to before detonation.

Was there some other point?

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
I do not think it is about the violence per say, but more towards the man has certain genetic traits the woman is attracted to.

That is your assumption. In reality, there are about a billion other explanations as to why someone in a position of incredible power over someone else would have sex with them.

We are looking at this through todays eyes. What was going on 50,000 years ago, what about 150,000 years ago? Because those times also play a roll in our genetics.

If a woman had kids with a weak, small and non-aggressive man, what were the chances of her kids surviving? Would that child be able to hunt mammoth, or protect the family from a dire wolf?

And yet the world is full of weak, small, and non-aggressive men today. Now how could that have ever happened? Interestingly, things worked out such that a lot of weak, small, and non-aggressive men are a hell of a lot more successful than you are. What a strange happenstance.

But we get it, you'd rather live like the rest of the apes. The great thing about humans is that they adapt and use their intellect to better themselves over merely responding to their primal urges and instincts. And with that, they gradually respond to conditions changing and the old way being obsolete. I mean, think about how many women are attracted to success today. I'm sure in your mind that's the same thing as being attracted to strength and even violence, but in reality it's something that's taken on an entirely different form.

Oh, and for your information, prior to agriculture most nutritional needs were met by foraging, not hunting. And the smart humans were the ones who moved away from the mammoths rather than spending all their energy hunting them.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
And yet the world is full of weak, small, and non-aggressive men today.

I have to respectfully disagree.

The human race commits more violence towards our own kind than any other animal in the world. We went from stones and clubs to AK-47s and missiles.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Oh, and for your information, prior to agriculture most nutritional needs were met by foraging, not hunting. And the smart humans were the ones who moved away from the mammoths rather than spending all their energy hunting them.

You brought up a topic I really enjoy.

I am going to ask you for proof, a link, so I can have something to read.

I saw an article on sciencedaily today about primitive man eating weeds. An analyses of the tooth tater showed what plants the person ate.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
When it comes to sex, society can not undo hundreds of thousands of years of evolution in a couple of decades. Men are hardcoded to look for certain sexual traits in women. You can not change that.

Sure, and nations have been built on rape and genocide, but in modern society we try to curtail that.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
I have to respectfully disagree.

The human race commits more violence towards our own kind than any other animal in the world. We went from stones and clubs to AK-47s and missiles.

I don't think you understand what "full of" means. It doesn't mean that violent and aggressive men don't exist, it means that weak and non-aggressive men haven't been bred out despite your claim that they're not seen as viable for reproduction.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Never said or implied women enjoy violence.

Why?

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/science-arousal-during-rape

Right there from Popular Science in black and white.

Facts are facts, it happens.
For the first, understood, I was merely making a joke. For the second, while I don't disagree that it happens, I'm betting that outside of date rape (meaning consensual sex but then he doesn't call) and drugged rape and statutory rape it is vanishingly rare. Yes, I understand that there are studies that "prove" it happens 10 - 50% of the time. There are also studies that "prove" 10% of the population is homosexual. One can create studies that "prove" pretty much anything one wants to prove.

That is your assumption. In reality, there are about a billion other explanations as to why someone in a position of incredible power over someone else would have sex with them.

And yet the world is full of weak, small, and non-aggressive men today. Now how could that have ever happened? Interestingly, things worked out such that a lot of weak, small, and non-aggressive men are a hell of a lot more successful than you are. What a strange happenstance.

But we get it, you'd rather live like the rest of the apes. The great thing about humans is that they adapt and use their intellect to better themselves over merely responding to their primal urges and instincts. And with that, they gradually respond to conditions changing and the old way being obsolete. I mean, think about how many women are attracted to success today. I'm sure in your mind that's the same thing as being attracted to strength and even violence, but in reality it's something that's taken on an entirely different form.

Gotta disagree with that last bit. Humans that successfully hunted mammoths had a great source of fat and lean, easily digestible protein, resulting in quicker growth, greater strength, and better childhood survival rates than those who preyed only on berries and roots.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

I saw an article on sciencedaily today about primitive man eating weeds. An analyses of the tooth tater showed what plants the person ate.

Nobody's going to be able to prove it one way or the other, and there are competing viewpoints, but the previous "Man the Hunter" model has been challenged a lot over the past 50 years or so. I read some of this from sources that my girlfriend gave me, she was an anthropology major in college. I found some excerpts earlier today but it was from Google books and I couldn't copy + paste it.

Here's something for now:

http://health101.org/art_hunter.htm

werepossum said:
Gotta disagree with that last bit. Humans that successfully hunted mammoths had a great source of fat and lean, easily digestible protein, resulting in quicker growth, greater strength, and better childhood survival rates than those who preyed only on berries and roots.

But in terms of optimizing calorie intake, hunting large game is not very efficient, especially when you can't do anything to preserve the meat. You can however extend foraging to also include trapping small game or scavenging remnants of already dead animals.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Wow, you heard someone talk about something before! That makes you an expert!

Sounds like he went to one of them fancy pants Liberal Arts colleges for girls.
Real men go to trade schools and sweat for a living, that's why the chicks dig us
;)

Feb 16, 2005

gotta love them tooth tater's!
F1O34E5GRTHT3AB.MEDIUM.jpg