Legitimate rape victims don't get pregnant

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I believe in late term abortions. Until a child turns 16, any parent should have the right take them out.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You expect women to be responsible for *everything* associated with sex and reproduction. You want men to be free to have sex with whomever they want, whenever they want, as often as they want, and for women to take care of everything associated with birth control, pregnancy, childbirth and/or abortion.

Men cannot get abortions.

Men cannot force a woman to use any of the plethora of BC options they have. Nor can they even readily verify she is using them.

Your only answer for a man not wanting to have a child is for him to practice abstinence. Funny how that is the exact same response a right-wing nut would tell women who didnt want to have a child huh?

The reason women have the responsibility is that they have the power.

In another thread, you claimed that pregnancy occurs when "a woman allows" a man to ejaculate inside of her. You revealed in that sentence everything that you are about: even the male orgasm is twisted around to be the woman's responsibility.

I believe that phrase was a jape at someone who claimed that pregnancy occurs when a man chooses to ejaculate inside a woman. As if the woman was not choosing to allow it :rolleyes:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Your only answer for a man not wanting to have a child is for him to practice abstinence.

No, that's my only answer *for you*, because you take the position that men who make women pregnant should bear no responsibility for what they have done.

You are the one who claims women should be forced to have abortions rather than men be forced to take equal financial responsibility for getting them pregnant.

Your position is not one of equality. It is one that makes life maximally easy for men, and maximally difficult for women.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No, that's my only answer *for you*, because you take the position that men who make women pregnant should bear no responsibility for what they have done.

Because women are free to do whatever they want if they get pregnant. They have no forced responsibility. Neither should men.

You are the one who claims women should be forced to have abortions rather than men be forced to take equal financial responsibility for getting them pregnant.

A woman is free to keep the child assuming she can raise it on her own.

Its called women being independent from men. Or dont you think that is possible?

Your position is not one of equality. It is one that makes life maximally easy for men, and maximally difficult for women.

Because swallowing a couple of pills to get rid of a zygote is "difficult" :rolleyes:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
While largely condemning Akin for his remarks, Republicans ready to add push for anti-abortion amendment to party platform:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...nn-gop-prepares-tough-anti-abortion-platform/

The GOP's abortion plank faces scrutiny every four years, and this year's document contains language similar to the platforms that were adopted by the party at their conventions in 2000, 2004 and 2008.

Why is this a surprise exactly?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Akin's only real mistake was voicing out loud what the GOP platform is regarding abortion.

whatever you do...don't shine a light on what they REALLY think!! :)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't think the government should pay for that. I propose canings for drug possession. That will cut down on the problem, it worked for singapore.

so you are for larger, more powerful government intruding on your daily life, making your life choices for you?

I don't get you supposed "small government" people.

...It's only for when you think it's convenient for you, right?

Yes yes...let's do what Singapore does.

o_O

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
so you are for larger, more powerful government intruding on your daily life, making your life choices for you?

I don't get you supposed "small government" people.

...It's only for when you think it's convenient for you, right?

Yes yes...let's do what Singapore does.

o_O

I have never claimed to be a "small government" person.

But its funny that you statement applies equally to "big government" people. You only want the government to be big when it is convenient for you :D

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The GOP's abortion plank faces scrutiny every four years, and this year's document contains language similar to the platforms that were adopted by the party at their conventions in 1874, 1916 and 1952.
Why is this a surprise exactly?

Isn't really. I love how they are going to be pitching their theories of legit rape in a week, all the while adding this guy to step down. Even better is how he's not, and he's a cosponsor on this same looney amendment with Ryan.

Dems can ride this extremist language when the heat falls off Romney and taxes for a day, or want to take a break from beating them with their terrible budget proposals.

And that's assuming R&R make no more gaffes....lol

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Akin is now way up shit creek without a paddle. McCaskill will be really pissed if he drops out.

from what I understand, she polled worse against the other GOP candidates that Akin's beat in the primaries?

yeah... there is no way Akin's stays in the race now, not unless he is willing to throw the POTUS race too while he is at it.

Romney is sticking his neck out that this guy is going to do the right thing and take one for the team...totally awesome!

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So because I expect women to be responsible for themselves that means I dont think they are people :rolleyes:
If you think that is an accurate characterization of my argument then you have failed to apprehend it. I am Jack's compete lack of surprise.

Moreover, you haven't established that women are not responsible for themselves, so your expectation is irrelevant.

No. In fact it is YOU who does not view men as people. But rather a slave that exists merely to serve women.
Completely preposterous. It is obvious you're simply projecting because you lack a coherent argument.

Why did you only address a small portion of my post? Couldn't assemble any arguments in rebuttal, I presume.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
yeah... there is no way Akin's stays in the race now, not unless he is willing to throw the POTUS race too while he is at it.

He said he's not going to withdraw. I'm sure the Democratic superPACs will be making good use of the Ryan-Akin connection.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If you think that is an accurate characterization of my argument then you have failed to apprehend it. I am Jack's compete lack of surprise.

Moreover, you haven't established that women are not responsible for themselves, so your expectation is irrelevant.

Sure I have. See the number of special laws that purely or by intent are their to bailout women.

VAWA
ACA
Child support laws.
Medicaid, foods stamps, welfare.

And see how liberals bend over backwards so that women can do whatever they want with their body and get government support.

Completely preposterous. It is obvious you're simply projecting because you lack a coherent argument.

Why did you only address a small portion of my post? Couldn't assemble any arguments in rebuttal, I presume.

forcing someone to work to support your choices. Sounds like slaverly to me.

I probably skipped reading paragraphs that began:
Maybe mommy didn't cuddle you enough, or maybe the pretty girl laughed at you when you asked her to dance in junior high

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Men can have cancerous tumors removed from their bodies at their own behest.

Cancer is not choice.

Now, as for a pregnancy being a choice...

If it is not. The completely destroys any reasoning behind forcing men to be responsible for a woman's reproductive choice. He did not choose to get her pregnant. Nor did he choose to bring it to term.

Her choice her responsibility. Seems pretty simple.

whatever it was, it's time to grow up and realize that women are people, too. If you want to go have your appendix removed, or donate a kidney, or excise a mole, or pierce your nipple, you get to decide that on your own. Nobody can force you to give your brother one of your kidneys. Nobody can put holes in your ears without your express permission. When you understand why you have the right to say "no" to kidney donation or an appendectomy, you'll understand why women have the right to terminate their pregnancy.

I never said they did not have the right to terminate a pregnancy

I said they did not have the right to force society, or their baby daddy, to bear the consequences of their choice to bring it to term. Liberals wish for society in general, and men in particular, to be slaves to women's reproductive choices.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Cancer is not choice.

Now, as for a pregnancy being a choice...

If it is not. The completely destroys any reasoning behind forcing men to be responsible for a woman's reproductive choice. He did not choose to get her pregnant. Nor did he choose to bring it to term.

Her choice her responsibility. Seems pretty simple.

I never said they did not have the right to terminate a pregnancy

I said they did not have the right to force society, or their baby daddy, to bear the consequences of their choice to bring it to term. Liberals wish for society in general, and men in particular, to be slaves to women's reproductive choices.

When parthenogenesis becomes a reality you might have a point. For right now it takes two to tango, even if not in the strictest sense.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
When parthenogenesis becomes a reality you might have a point. For right now it takes two to tango, even if not in the strictest sense.

What do you mean. A fetus is part of a woman's body. Haven't you been paying attention to the Supreme Court and Democratic Party?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
What do you mean. A fetus is part of a woman's body. Haven't you been paying attention to the Supreme Court and Democratic Party?

Sorry, I should have said parthenogenesis for humans. Parthenogenesis, you misogynistic ass, is an asexual form of reproduction in which the egg does not need to be fertilized. It's already a reality for some plants and invertebrates. So until women can get pregnant without the egg being fertilized, go post your woman-hating garbage on some other site.

Right it's part of a womans body and a man helped her create it. She carries it for nine months and then pushes it out; an experience that has been compared to pulling a Cabbage Patch Doll through your nostril. And unless the male partner is forced to take at least financial responsibility for for the raising of the child the woman is forced to bring the child up on her own. So maybe you should convince all the men who don't have the balls or the most basic of morals to man up and support the child.

And don't retort with any of your "it's the liberals fault" bullshit; it's gotten way old. Men have been escaping their child-rearing responsibilities ever since they learned how to run.

We grow annoyed at your foolishness.