Question LED Switch flickering, Fans not spinning

Wackel_Pudding

Feb 10, 2020
Hey there,
I recently bought the „Matrexx 70 3F add-rgb“ case which contains several pre-installed rgb-fans and other rgb stuff.
Having moved all my hardware from my old case, everything seems to perform smoothly, besides 2 issues:

- The front fans are not spinning. Their built in rgbs do work, but they do not spin. I already double-checked the wiring but everything seems correct to me. Is there some kind of common issue when connecting this kind of fans?

- The LED mode switch is not constantly illuminated by a blue light underneath it, instead, the button is flickering multiple times a second. The other connectors and buttons on the top of the case are illuminated correctly, without any flickering. Does anybody have a clue what might cause the flickering there?

Since this is my first post in this forum, I hope that this is the correct section for such a question.
I‘d really appreciate some ideas about what I could do to fix these issues.
Greetings

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
sounds like a voltage issue.
I am guessing your board has a fan control feature on it, that is shutting the fan off, as the fan profile was not properly set.

You would need to go into bios, or run your board overclocking tool, and see if you can manually ramp it up.

Wackel_Pudding

Feb 10, 2020
Actually, the fans are not connected directly to the motherboard, because there is some kind of pre-built-in controller inbetween the fans and the motherboard. Unfortunately, there aint no manual and i can just guess what it does. But since the case came shipped with the fans already connected to the controller, i assume that it is connected properly.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
if there is a fan speed button try pressing that.

do you have a link to what fans you bought also?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
41wB431rspL.jpg

IF that is the accessories, i am pretty sure that part that says DEEPCOOL is a part that connects to your motherboard fan header.
That being PWM, it does indeed seem to be controlled by your motherboard and its fan profile.

Wackel_Pudding

Feb 10, 2020
Exactly this part is missing. Instead, there is a little circuit board (yeah! only a circuit board) in the case which cannot be disassembled. It seems to be kinda replacing the hub in your picture, but there is no fan connector cable coming out of it, just a SATA power plug and several LED pins. I assumed it is just running at full speed all the time, which would not be problematic for me since I am overclocking CPU, GPU and RAM. Now, the problem is that my gpu is hitting 80+ degrees while not even being under full load due to missing airflow.

Wackel_Pudding

Feb 10, 2020
I‘m thinking of just buying some Y-Connectors for the fans to connect them directly to my motherboard since I really don‘t wanna swap my system again (mainly because I ran out of thermal compound and don‘t wanna use cheap ones with my h115i pro), is there anything to keep in mind when using Y-cables to attach the fans directly to the motherboard?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i honestly think the cheap ones on your h115i pro are better static fans then those deepcools.

To me looking at the fan blade geometery, i would assume they don't perform as good as the stock h115i fans.

Wackel_Pudding

Feb 10, 2020
I still got the stock fans installed on the AiO which I placed at the top of the case. They perform quite well (although I had to cut out a part of the plastic frame of one of the fans because my motherboards heatsinks are huge).
By the way, thanks for the suggestions so far!