Lawful = good?

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
I noticed a disturbing trend on this forum in which people go to great lengths to defend gun usage. Suddenly, even popcorn can be a lethal threat. Any reason, however far-fetched, that somehow makes the killing legal in the court of law is good enough for them. It seems that fear can turn people into gun-obsessed cowards who think that everyone wants to shoot them so they feel they are entitled to shoot first. The ferocity with which they defend every shooting makes you think that when a situation presented itself in which they could legally use their guns and kill people they gladly would. Actually being in danger is not important. How do you call someone who studies self-defense and related laws just to be sure that when the time comes he won't miss an opportunity to preemptively eliminate a possible threat?
ps. I didn't mean this thread to be anti-gun rather anti-paranoia. The kind of paranoia that makes someone proudly say that he would shoot any stranger seeking help knocking on their door because that could be a burglary.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Excellent troll chap!

fgfgggbf-meme-generator-wow-look-at-all-the-red-thumbs-i-have-i-m-such-an-excellent-troll-04256b.jpg

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I noticed a disturbing trend on this forum in which people go to great lengths to defend gun usage. Suddenly, even popcorn can be a lethal threat. Any reason, however far-fetched, that somehow makes the killing legal in the court of law is good enough for them. It seems that fear can turn people into gun-obsessed cowards who think that everyone wants to shoot them so they feel they are entitled to shoot first.

Violence is part of our culture. The Americas were founded with violence.

We used violence on our slaves, minorities, women, non-christians, just because, and we still glorify violence through sports.

As Patton once said, "Americans love to fight."

Excellent troll chap!

I respectfully disagree. He does not understand American culture.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

We used violence on our slaves, minorities, women, non-christians, just because, and we still glorify violence through sports.

Well what the fuck does he think he's gonna get asking questions/making comments on a nerd forum?

Even if he honestly believes this is a good source of info, we have literally HUNDREDS of gosh darn threads on this subject.
Arent you required to read relevant threads BEFORE making a new one?

Am pretty sure thats our official policy here Anands Bullshitting Site.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I noticed a disturbing trend on this forum in which people go to great lengths to defend gun usage. Suddenly, even popcorn can be a lethal threat. Any reason, however far-fetched, that somehow makes the killing legal in the court of law is good enough for them. It seems that fear can turn people into gun-obsessed cowards who think that everyone wants to shoot them so they feel they are entitled to shoot first. The ferocity with which they defend every shooting makes you think that when a situation presented itself in which they could legally use their guns and kill people they gladly would. Actually being in danger is not important. How do you call someone who studies self-defense and related laws just to be sure that when the time comes he won't miss an opportunity to preemptively eliminate a possible threat?
ps. I didn't mean this thread to be anti-gun rather anti-paranoia. The kind of paranoia that makes someone proudly say that he would shoot any stranger seeking help knocking on their door because that could be a burglary.

Paranoia, unless it's a psychological diagnosis, is born of fear and ignorance. Some in our country and others use paranoia to push a political/religious/societal/business agenda.

Paranoia/Fear is an extremely powerful motivator, causing some to make drastic changes in their life. It's a boon to business, especially to those whose products and services are in the personal/home/computer security sector.

Lawful/legal are not the same as good; just as innocent is not the same as acquitted.

Last edited:

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
if you could kill someone and know you are in the free and clear, why wouldn't you? vigilantly population control.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Thats just pure bullshit. Not all Americans are like that. Maybe through your christian cowboy Reagan America fuck yea! stained glasses. I had hoped we might have changed as a county but it looks like we'll have to go another generation or two until attitudes like that die off.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
It seems that fear can turn people into gun-obsessed cowards who think that everyone wants to shoot them so they feel they are entitled to shoot first.
Don't start shit and there won't be any shit. Pretty simple.

that makes someone proudly say that he would shoot any stranger seeking help knocking on their door
And troll BS.
i prefer chaotic evil
LE for me..thanks.
True Neutral, always.
I am always true neutral....in my mind.

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
He didnt have a point. He was trolling. I called him out. I was not trolling.

If you thought so why did you even bother to reply? People should just stop posting in what they think are troll threads so the ones that are considered trollish by the majority would die quick natural death. As for who is trolling I won't get into that argument as you can see opinions do differ.

And troll BS.

If you don't believe that someone can think something along those lines just read some spidey posts.

Don't start shit and there won't be any shit. Pretty simple.

How incredibly naive to expect people to act rationally. Normal people misread other people all the time not to mention people who have paranoia, anxiety etc. I wouldn't feel safe around people that think everyone is out to get them. Behaving yourself is enough to keep out from troubles among normal people but not everyone is normal.

Last edited:

Stewox

Dec 10, 2013

You are putting many groups into the same basket with those statements.

Stewox

Dec 10, 2013
Paranoia, unless it's a psychological diagnosis, is born of fear and ignorance. Some in our country and others use paranoia to push a political/religious/societal/business agenda.

Paranoia/Fear is an extremely powerful motivator, causing some to make drastic changes in their life. It's a boon to business, especially to those whose products and services are in the personal/home/computer security sector.

Lawful/legal are not the same as good; just as innocent is not the same as acquitted.

There is also something else ... Justified Paranoia

http://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0?t=1m1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx0vrR2BFp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJnL10vZ1Y

Last edited:

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I noticed a disturbing trend on this forum in which people go to great lengths to defend gun usage.
There are quite a few impotent and useless "men" on the internet. They are fatso, pasty losers who are angry at life.

They fantasize about all sorts of shit, that defys reality and logic, to make up for their pathetic lives.