Last Vegas strip shooting: More than 20 dead, 100 injured after gunman opens fire near Mandalay Bay

Page 128 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
"Dances with Fascists" promoting the anti Mueller narrative that Mueller and the FBI are incompetent and thus Mueller should be dismissed (in this instance using the Las Vegas shooting). It's actually a clever bit of propaganda. Casts doubt on one of the more trusted American law enforcement agencies. Doubt and mistrust, doubt and mistrust...

Hey silver shirt boy, how does it feel to be working with the Russians on this?

It's not a conspiracy, it's incompetence and it's happened over and over and over.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...have_a_right_to_be_worried_about_the_fbi.html

"
TUCKER CARLSON: It is the deadliest one-man massacre in American history, yet already among the most forgotten. It has been just a month since Stephen Paddock killed 58 people in Las Vegas. For months we have been asking basic questions about what happened, most of which remain unanswered tonight.

What was Paddock's motive? How could police possibly allow his house to be burgled? Why was Paddock's computer hard drive missing, and why did it take us so long to learn it was missing? Why did security guard Jesus Campos travel to Mexico just days after the shooting, despite being a key witness? And why do authorities refuse to talk about that? Why have all of his media appearances been tightly managed by his employer MGM?

And more than anything, what is the actual timeline of this shooting? What happened and when did it happen, and why in the world is it still so hard to get a straight answer?

To those longstanding questions, we can add a few more: Why did we only learn today from the Clark County Sheriff that Paddock's girlfriend could be withholding important information in this case? If in fact, she knows more than she is saying, why isn't she being interviewed right now?
Consider the others: The FBI had Omar Mateen under surveillance for ten months, and yet somehow didn't hinder his planning or execution of the Pulse nightclub massacre. The FBI was also apparently aware of NYC killer Sayful Saipov, Ft. Hood shooter Nadal Hassan, Boston bomber Tamerland Tsarnaev, and a list of other killers -- but failed to stop any of their attacks. How come?

The FBI famously investigated Hillary Clinton's email server for more than a year, during which time, for some reason, the bureau gave immunity to several top aides for no obvious reason, and failed to tape record key interview. Why is that?

Speaking of emails, the FBI never examined the DNC's email server after it was supposedly hacked. Instead, they just accepted the claim of a private contractor employed by the Democratic Party that the hacking was the work of the Russian government. Why didn't one of the bureau's many tech teams conduct its own investigation of a matter this important and politically sensitive?

Meanwhile, in case after case, the FBI's supposedly incorruptible white collar division has leaked sensitive details of current investigations to the press. How does behavior like that restore public confidence in federal law enforcement?
It doesn't of course, and it shouldn't.

We have a right to be worried about the FBI. There is no more powerful federal agency in this country. They can read your email. They can root through your bank records. They can break down the front door of your house and arrest you in front of your children. Lying to them is a federal crime. We need to be absolutely certain the FBI is worthy of the power we give them.

What happened in Las Vegas is one of many reasons to wonder if they are.

Feb 16, 2005
"Dances with Fascists" promoting the anti Mueller narrative that Mueller and the FBI are incompetent and thus Mueller should be dismissed (in this instance using the Las Vegas shooting). It's actually a clever bit of propaganda. Casts doubt on one of the more trusted American law enforcement agencies. Doubt and mistrust, doubt and mistrust...

Hey silver shirt boy, how does it feel to be working with the Russians on this?
plus he got to quote that dreamboat tucker and mention hillary.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
you're a fucking shit. I'm sure the families of the victims and the survivors would love to sit down with you and ask you why this is such good news.

You guys are so fixated on the method of killing and not the fact that killers will kill. Push your agenda.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
you're a fucking shit. I'm sure the families of the victims and the survivors would love to sit down with you and ask you why this is such good news.
@SlowSpyder is the one who credits all of us for why he joined the NRA, correct? The guy is unhinged. There can be no expectation of decency, rational conversion or a modicum of intelligence from him. I have him on ignore because cruelly or not I have determined he has no discernable value.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
@SlowSpyder is the one who credits all of us for why he joined the NRA, correct? The guy is unhinged. There can be no expectation of decency, rational conversion or a modicum of intelligence from him. I have him on ignore because cruelly or not I have determined he has no discernable value.

I like that he did that. It's nice to have all those one has little respect for neatly gather together under one banner.

(in contrast to how I find I agree with some posters here 100% on some topics, while finding them wrong or outright infuriating on others - that sort of thing is just so untidy)

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Could you please articulate "our agenda?"

FEMA camps, sharia law, destruction of the family unit, communism, making slow spyder sleep without his rifle, Hillary coup over Trump, selling out to China, and allowing all of Mexico to steal every good fry cook job in the USA. All of this by taking his guns away.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I like that he did that. It's nice to have all those one has little respect for neatly gather together under one banner.

(in contrast to how I find I agree with some posters here 100% on some topics, while finding them wrong or outright infuriating on others - that sort of thing is just so untidy)
I don't care that he joined the NRA or even that he did it in protest of those of us that think guns are a problem... a bigger problem than second hand smoke even. Nah, my issue is that he is so downright committed to not only being stupid and without value but to staying that way. I can appreciate devotion but not when it comes to stupid. That's where my tolerance wanes to non-existent. My only prejudice in fact is for the purposefully stupid. It knows no color, religion, political leaning, financial status, sexual orientation... I am more tolerant of assholes than I am of the intentionally stupid. But of course, I use my own gauge to determine stupidity. It's never been so active before. The emergence of Trumpublicans and the emboldened idiots has it going haywire.

Reactions: ivwshane

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

I've used my NRA pocket knife (free gift!) regularly since joining. Thanks NRA! I'm not in 100% agreement with the NRA, not at all, but much like the past election, you have to pick the lesser of two evils, and the NRA is better for America and freedom than the anti-2A'ers.

Could you please articulate "our agenda?"

Whittle away the 2A.

go fuck yourself.

Triggered. Find a safe place, best of luck in life.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Whittle away the 2A.

Again you don't really answer. I asked you to articulate. I want some details for discussion, not these intentionally vague things. Fine, though, using your nebulous language whittle away to what end? Although I don't know why I ask, because your argument is simply, "I don't support any restriction whatsoever, because you don't care about smokers."

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
I've used my NRA pocket knife (free gift!) regularly since joining. Thanks NRA! I'm not in 100% agreement with the NRA, not at all, but much like the past election, you have to pick the lesser of two evils, and the NRA is better for America and freedom than the anti-2A'ers.

Whittle away the 2A.

Triggered. Find a safe place, best of luck in life.
not triggered, I think you're a shitbag of a human and I truly hope you reap what you sow with your moronic ideology.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
not triggered, I think you're a shitbag of a human and I truly hope you reap what you sow with your moronic ideology.

I hope I reap what I sow as well, that freedom is preserved and I get to enjoy and exercise that freedom. And yes, you're triggered, I disagree with you and you're throwing a name calling tantrum.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Again you don't really answer. I asked you to articulate. I want some details for discussion, not these intentionally vague things. Fine, though, using your nebulous language whittle away to what end? Although I don't know why I ask, because your argument is simply, "I don't support any restriction whatsoever, because you don't care about smokers."

What else do you want? What part of that sentence aren't you getting? The anti-2A'ers want to whittle away the 2A, making it ever less and less what it was and what it is meant to be. It is a political agenda.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
What else do you want? What part of that sentence aren't you getting? The anti-2A'ers want to whittle away the 2A, making it ever less and less what it was and what it is meant to be. It is a political agenda.
I'm asking you because agenda implies purpose, so I ask again, to what end? Or do you not want to think past the first level? Whittling away the 2A just to whittle away the 2A doesn't make any sense in and of itself.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm asking you because agenda implies purpose, so I ask again, to what end? Or do you not want to think past the first level? Whittling away the 2A just to whittle away the 2A doesn't make any sense in and of itself.

You are absolutely right, the anti-2A left does not make sense, but they don't care, that is there end.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Keep throwing your tantrum. It can't be that I have a different perspective, right? I'm a shit bag. May life get easier for you, don't want to read about you shooting up a public place.

After all this and your complete refusal to accept any critique you have proven a point I made very early.... You can't fix wilful ignorance.

You are immune to reason, you have your truth and no reality or well thought argument can ever change it no matter how little your ideas comport with actual reality.

You're like the guy on the corner who isn't screaming that the world will end but screaming at people that he thinks are demons from hell since his belief is that the world already ended.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
ugh, slowspyder still beating the same drum, and calling others anti-2a if they don't agree. Hmmm...