Kamala Birthers - here they come with yet another twitter conspiracy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
View attachment 7842

LOL

Next they'll say she's born in Norway!

I'm confused, how does that Tweet state that Kamala isn't born in the US?

It's saying her nationality - or rather her parents were from Jamaican and Native America. Not sure where you get birther out of that....

But then again, you are mentally retarded.

Nov 8, 2012
I bet you are... confused that is...

DUHVERT

Talk to your doctor. Maybe it's not too late.

DUHVERT

Maybe he'll feel better when they deport his "wife." lol.

DUHVERT

You cucks are all the same. Enjoy your circle jerk.

It's fucking hilarious who shows the intelligent points and arguments and who just throws nothing but insults.

Anyhow, I'm busy earning my keep as an evil 1%er. Carry on blowhards.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
DUHVERT

DUHVERT

DUHVERT

It's fucking hilarious who shows the intelligent points and arguments and who just throws nothing but insults.

Protip: lower your expectations posting here. Every thread devolves into liberals personally attacking conservatives or their ideas. Just a fact of ATP&N. They cant keep on subject matter.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Protip: lower your expectations posting here. Every thread devolves into liberals personally attacking conservatives or their ideas. Just a fact of ATP&N. They cant keep on subject matter.

Well, here's some concrete facts: the President's son and many of the President's supporters are parroting claims that Harris isn't a real "American black" because of her mixed parentage. They're very strongly implying that she's flawed because she's a "half-breed" in their eyes. That should be disgusting to anyone.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

foryoustupid.jpg

*beep beep*

Seriously, you're just as dumb as Captain Love Advice and his imaginary wife. lol. I enjoy the many times when your ass is handed to you and you disappear.

But, hey, you're the victim!

*beep beep*

You should go on now, your ride is waiting.

Reactions: dank69

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Time to review. Who entered this thread with the name calling at the top of this page? Was that some nasty Lib?

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

It's saying her nationality - or rather her parents were from Jamaican and Native America. Not sure where you get birther out of that....

Early onset Alzheimers is not fun and that would explain all too well how combative it makes you and your need to lash out at others..

You seriously need to check yourself into a mental health facility.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Time to review. Who entered this thread with the name calling at the top of this page? Was that some nasty Lib?

I'm sure in the spirit of elevating the discussion @blackangst1 will be along to own up to his error.

Over the top attack graphic removed and poster infracted.

Perknose
Forum Director

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-01 blackangst1_cr.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-01 blackangst1_cr.png
    770.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Its a form of birtherism. GOP trying to place a wedge among black people by claiming she isn't really black. One self loathing Negro gets retweeted by Trump Jr. Russian bots and troll farms take over from there.

Russian bots used BLM to create fissures in our country. Of course the Trumps will oblige.

BTW - Did you ever denounce Trump for promoting birtherism for years along with Fox News?

Reactions: cytg111

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm actually starting to warm up to Harris.
I think she is the only one running that has the energy, has the smarts, has the wits to go one on one with Donald Trump.
She has most of what it will take.
And her political philosophy is pretty much all the others all rolled up into one.
She has a lot of Bernie, Warren, and just enough of Biden.
And as the first woman president goes, she's a plausible choice. Especially compared to Donald Trump.
We must remember and keep in mind, we're talking Donald Trump. Nuff said?

I love what Cory Booker said about Trump and his family.....
They put stuff out there on social media then remove it claiming it was a mistake or was taken wrong.
Regardless of removing it, it's still out there and they do this on purpose and for a reason.
Cory hit it on the head.
This is how they operate. How they spread their bigotry.
It's like the "CODE WORDS" used by bigots but in this case its more like a "code process".
To post bigotry, then remove and deny.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

I don’t think anyone clarified but her mother was Indian as in from India, not Native American Indian. And then what HomerJS said. Russian bots are starting this conspiracy narrative.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm honestly just stunned how IQ can go into the negative. I keep being told it's not possible but the facts say otherwise.
I would, but your ass has already been handed to you multiple times in this thread... You understand the concept of being redundant? It is sort of your core personality trait, you should research it.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
DUHVERT

DUHVERT

DUHVERT

Aren`t you the guy who said you can`t be anti - Mexican because your wife is Mexican?
That is like saying I can`t be a racist because I have black friends....lolol

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

It says she's not a 'black American'. Which implies she's either not black, or not American. She's Jamaican-Indian by descent. Jamaicans are black (I wouldn't want to try telling the Jamaican-Brits I know that they aren't black). She's mixed, but then few black people in the West who aren't recent arrivals from African countries are of 'pure' African-descent. Ergo he has to be saying she isn't American. Or, he doesn't really know _what_ he's saying but just wants to say _something_ to try and attack a Democrat, even if it doesn't make sense.

In passing, it's interesting to me that her heritage means she presumably (depending on the specifics) had ancestors who were exploited by the British in two different ways. The system of exploitation was different in the different hemispheres, because 'out east' there was no need for slaves. If she ends up as President (which I don't think is hugely likely, but I guess is possible) it will be yet another awkward relationship for the British ruling class. I don't think its only conservative white Americans who have trouble with the changing demographics of the US.

Reactions: cytg111

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Anyone else find it odd/disturbing that this is yet another instance in which a white person is defining what it means to be black/who is black in this country? Guess it goes hand-in-hand with whites being the authority on if/when/what sort of racial discrimination blacks face daily.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
DUHVERT

DUHVERT

DUHVERT

Oh no, it think it's smart. How precious.

Almost every single time you join a thread, you post some stupid drivel get promptly corrected and then either cry or disappear. Do us a favor and shut up.

Nov 8, 2012
It says she's not a 'black American'. Which implies she's either not black, or not American. She's Jamaican-Indian by descent. Jamaicans are black (I wouldn't want to try telling the Jamaican-Brits I know that they aren't black). She's mixed, but then few black people in the West who aren't recent arrivals from African countries are of 'pure' African-descent. Ergo he has to be saying she isn't American. Or, he doesn't really know _what_ he's saying but just wants to say _something_ to try and attack a Democrat, even if it doesn't make sense.

In passing, it's interesting to me that her heritage means she presumably (depending on the specifics) had ancestors who were exploited by the British in two different ways. The system of exploitation was different in the different hemispheres, because 'out east' there was no need for slaves. If she ends up as President (which I don't think is hugely likely, but I guess is possible) it will be yet another awkward relationship for the British ruling class. I don't think its only conservative white Americans who have trouble with the changing demographics of the US.

The way I took that one tweet in the OP was that they were saying that Kamala didn't qualify as a "black american" ... I don't know what point he was trying to make because overall it's a stupid point - but I sure didn't take it in a connotation that they were asserting she wasn't born in the US and not qualified to run for president.

I mean, there is a HUGE difference between an American black person, a black person from Jamaica, and a black person from Nigeria. Unless... you know.. you want to paint black people with a broad brush or something....

I remember reading a very interesting study a couple years back that talked about average income of blacks by immigration - and it varied wildly based on the country of origin. Closest I can find with a quick google: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/24/key-facts-about-black-immigrants-in-the-u-s/
https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-us-may-surprise-you/86885

Last I recall Nigerians on average out-earned ALL americans (not just American blacks) with an average income of ~$68k.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The way I took that one tweet in the OP was that they were saying that Kamala didn't qualify as a "black american" ... I don't know what point he was trying to make because overall it's a stupid point - but I sure didn't take it in a connotation that they were asserting she wasn't born in the US and not qualified to run for president.

I mean, there is a HUGE difference between an American black person, a black person from Jamaica, and a black person from Nigeria. Unless... you know.. you want to paint black people with a broad brush or something....

I remember reading a very interesting study a couple years back that talked about average income of blacks by immigration - and it varied wildly based on the country of origin. Closest I can find with a quick google: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/24/key-facts-about-black-immigrants-in-the-u-s/
https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-us-may-surprise-you/86885

Last I recall Nigerians on average out-earned ALL americans (not just American blacks) with an average income of ~$68k.
The more stupid it is the more likely GOP base will believe it. That's why 50% of Republicans bought into Obama's birtherism.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Anyone else find it odd/disturbing that this is yet another instance in which a white person is defining what it means to be black/who is black in this country? Guess it goes hand-in-hand with whites being the authority on if/when/what sort of racial discrimination blacks face daily.

The chap who tweeted appears to be black. Even if he seems to be using a false name and in reality, according to that Huffington article, has a history of right wing activism. His tweet still doesn't make a lot of sense though. I'd suggest if there's an issue involved it's not race but nationalism. He's either saying Kamala isn't a US citizen (which would make him a birther) or he's implying that only those whose ancestors were enslaved in the territories that are now the US can be 'black'.

Absolutely there's a difference between those descended from slaves in the US and recent arrivals from post-colonial African countries, and both again from those descended from slaves with the intermediate experience of living in independent Caribbean countries. I'm sure people could have a discussion about that, though I'm not clear that she's ever made a claim to have experienced exactly the same economic and social history that Americans descended from US slaves have. Seems a safe bet she's been affected by racism in one form or another though. She'd have experienced some of it, and not other bits of it, I would assume.

Saying she's not a "black American" doesn't, as far as I can make out, have that meaning, because I can only parse that term from the two words in it, and neither way can I make sense of it. If he was trying to say something about that he did it very clumsily, probably because he was doing so in pursuit of an unstated agenda.

Oh, and what he meant by it and what Trump and his twitter followers would interpret from it are also likely to be two different things.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Another self loathing Negro. The hidden agenda is attempt to place a fissure in the black community claiming Kamala isn't "black enough". This is just another form of birtherism that's why the Trumps were so quick to jump on board.

Doesn't matter if a black guy started, racist at it's core. Even black people whipped slaves back in the day.

Reactions: pmv and cytg111