Just got back from Red Lobster Endless Shrimp. 253 shrimp.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: malbojah
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Originally posted by: Baked
You're gonna be tubebunny tonight after the runs.

*shrugs*

I've actually got a lot of experience with this kinda of binge eating, and I feel fine. Never had any digestive problems afterwards either.

The most I've ever eaten was at a restaurant in Cape Cod. I ate so much that I eventually couldn't get the food all the way down my throat. That's when I knew I had to stop. Didn't throw up though. Just kinda passed out in the backseat of the car afterwards :p

I live on the Cape. Which restaurant??

Oh I don't remember. It was a Chinese restaurant, but it was about... seven years ago? The Cape is cool :) Lobster lobster lobster lobster lobster

Originally posted by: torpid
How many cheese biscuits? Don't tell me you went to red lobster and didn't eat one of their biscuits..?!!!

I had one of their cheese biscuits... SO good. Melts in the mouth. I didn't eat any more because I wanted to make room for the shrimp. I probably could have eaten more and still gotten the 200-some shrimp that I ate.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: franguinho
seafood is worthless if its not high quality... :)

True true. The Red Lobster shrimp was just bland, textureless, not really meaty, floppy, and generally really low quality.

zainali

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2003
i went and had about 6 plates of shrimp i think.

their garlic/cheesy bread was better than the shrimp

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: funboy42
Originally posted by: nkgreen
I live close enough to Pensacola, FL where I don't have to settle for imported seafood.

You're extremely lucky. I would love to just live in a coastal state like Maine and just eat *fresh* seafood seafood seafood. Make friends with the lobstermen and all.

OH the memories when I lived on the east coast of Florida for work and all of the great food places. IMO FL had some of the best food I have ever had. See food and BBQ places. Oh and some great Chinese Buffets too. there was one I went to you went and got all the fresh stuff from the buffet and brought it over to a guy buy a giant wok who would take what you brought and cook it right up there for you.

And then there was Blackened Dolphin (the fish not the mamal silly) over pasta and 1lb of BBQ Pork, omg Im drooling all over the Keyboard now. OH what a time I had there for work. Got paid $2K a week for back breaking labor but after work I ate out at some of the best places, boozed it up, at the best food of my life, to wake up the next morning ready to do it all over again. And I plan on after my kids are grown and out of the house, to sell my house, buy a motor home, and live down there for the rest of my life. Thoes old people know a great place to go die in when they see it. Provided I live long enough to do that :p

And as far as hurricanes, thats why you live in a motor home. I did that when was there for work, 5th wheel and a Ford PU. Was in Miami when I Hurrican was forcasted to go through by the keys. Couple days before they did the evacuation my boss and I packed up and went to West Palm to wait it out, then went back. What a great 5 day break that was. My boss, my Brother, and I had a freakin blast in West Palm Jet Ski'n (unlimited retal places), and I dont think I drank and ate so much as I did in thoes 5 days as in my life.

Why don't you live in FLorida NOW? Too many people wait until they're old to do what they want.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
I'm feeling pretty good :)

Not too full by any means, but pretty good.

Here's the receipt (I'm on the top, seat no. 1):

http://fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com/photos/105639868-O.jpg

The first Scampi and Coconut Shrimp are the first order. 15 scampi and 15 coconut shrimp, so a total of 30 shrimp.

Then 15 other scampi orders, each 10 shrimp each = 150 shrimp

Each mini coconut shrimp order had probably 15 shrimp each, so 2x15 = 30 shrimp

A popcorn shrimp order had 33 tiny shrimp.

The shrimp pasta had about 10 shrimp.

So a total of 253 shrimp (165 scampi shrimp, 45 coconut shrimp, 33 popcorn shrimp, and 10 pasta shrimp)

Aftermath: I can still eat some more. Endless Shrimp is really "eat as much as you can before you get bored and sick," not "eat until you get stuffed" because Red Lobster's food and shrimp quality is pretty low. After two shrimp scampis they became tasteless. The shrimp that they use are not the meaty, high quality ones. They are more of the skinny, floppy-ish kind of shrimp with no real meaty texture. Their popcorn shrimp are only about half an inch long.

Apparently the record is held by two guys who each did * 600 * shrimp each, and afterwards they made a mess of the restaurant puking it all up. Look them 8 hours. Again, with this Endless Shrimp it's not about how much you can eat but instead how long you can go before getting sick or bored.
Gluttony is one of the 7 Deadly Sins

The only deadly part is the iodine poisoning.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Heifetz
I walk across Red Lobster everyday on the way to the subway. It smells like puke, which makes me never want to eat at the place...
It's a waste of money. Seriously. The seafood is just not high quality and the portions are meager.
Totally agreed. I am hardcore anti-Darden Restaurants. Low quality, meager portions, crappy service, high prices.

But the idea of taking advantage of this endless shrimp deal... :D

Heh. The real way to get them is to order nothing to drink but water. :evil:

what restaurants are part of the Darden restaurants?
Red Lobster and Olive Garden are the big ones in the chain. It's not that their prices are sky-high, it's just that their food is so mediocre that it's a poor value. They're $15-$20 bucks a plate for what would be $10 anywhere else, but they pretend like they as good as the nicer restaurants.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I walk across Red Lobster everyday on the way to the subway. It smells like puke, which makes me never want to eat at the place...
It's a waste of money. Seriously. The seafood is just not high quality and the portions are meager.
Totally agreed. I am hardcore anti-Darden Restaurants. Low quality, meager portions, crappy service, high prices.

Red Lobster and Olive Garden are the big ones in the chain. It's not that their prices are sky-high, it's just that their food is so mediocre that it's a poor value. They're $15-$20 bucks a plate for what would be $10 anywhere else, but they pretend like they as good as the nicer restaurants.

olive garden isn't bad, but red lobster mostly blows. Except for their biscuits.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: jjsole
please tell me these weren't in batter and fried...

Very few were. Most were shrimp scampi (shrimp in butter, not exactly any better). When eating the shrimp I took off all the batter on the coconut and popcorn shrimp, and when eating the scampi I soaked up the butter with my napkin. I went through two large cloth napkins.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Runes911
I know this is kinda derailing the thread, but I gotta know: is this her actual natural eye color?!

http://fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com/keyword/rebekah/1/100544602

Her eye color IS blue, but not that illuminating or saturated. The eye color was brought out in photoshop to give the picture more oomph. I had to do quite a bit of touch-ups with that one because the subject's skin isn't perfect and smooth like a professional model's.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole
please tell me these weren't in batter and fried...

Very few were. Most were shrimp scampi (shrimp in butter, not exactly any better). When eating the shrimp I took off all the batter on the coconut and popcorn shrimp, and when eating the scampi I soaked up the butter with my napkin. I went through two large cloth napkins.

thank you, my lunch is safe in my stomach now. :eek:;)

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
Originally posted by: OS

olive garden isn't bad, but red lobster mostly blows. Except for their biscuits.

Their biscuits are made of bisquik and cheese, lap some butter on top and sprinkle on garlic powder

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: squirtle24
"The ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."

oh yeah???

well the jerkstore called and they're running outta YOU!!

That's ok because you're the best seller.

Oh good stuff. I remember one of my friends succinctly describing me to his mom as being "the jerkstore."

well.....i just had sex with your wife!

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

never ate at an olive garden, prefer to stick with a non chain type italian restaurants. When I go to red lobster, I always get their chicken finger dinner. usually its around lunch time, and they give an excellent size portion for the money, plus the biscuits are good.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
So we now have a challenge...perhaps I'll go to Red Lobster this weekend and eat 254 shrimp! :p

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
for some reason my father loves red lobster now. i don't know why. not like you can't get far better seafood in this town (houston). i'm guessing that he likes it because it is closer to new england style than gulf coast style (different fish, different prep methods).

did have a really good experience at red lobster 8 years ago. they were running some endless crab thing, and the crab was really good. and this was in abilene texas, not exactly the fresh fish capital of the world.