Just got back from Red Lobster Endless Shrimp. 253 shrimp.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Originally posted by: Heifetz
I walk across Red Lobster everyday on the way to the subway. It smells like puke, which makes me never want to eat at the place...

It's a waste of money. Seriously. The seafood is just not high quality and the portions are meager.

How can you complain about portions when it's all-you-can-eat? :)

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
I walk across Red Lobster everyday on the way to the subway. It smells like puke, which makes me never want to eat at the place...

It's a waste of money. Seriously. The seafood is just not high quality and the portions are meager.

The normal entrees are really meager, especially for the price. My friend got a Tilapia and it was just two very small, very thin fillets of grilled tilapia, with a baked potato and some veggies. It was dissappointing.

On my other trips to Red Lobster many many years ago, the lobster that we got were always extremely small, and one of us got a lobster tail that was... mushy. The meat was like, um, marshmellow consistency? Plus it was small.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

The normal entrees are really meager, especially for the price. My friend got a Tilapia and it was just two very small, very thin fillets of grilled tilapia, with a baked potato and some veggies. It was dissappointing.

On my other trips to Red Lobster many many years ago, the lobster that we got were always extremely small, and one of us got a lobster tail that was... mushy. The meat was like, um, marshmellow consistency? Plus it was small.
Isn't this a great argument of why you shouldn't go to a casual restaurant for something that is so fickle when cooked?

Did you you go red lobster only for their all you can eat? Were you pleased with what you got in relation to the price?

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
wait, are u that crazy lookin azn girl in ur photo gallery? if so, i can't picture you eating shrimps like crazy in a red lobster restaurant.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Do they look at you funny or start getting ticked off after a while? Just curious. . ..

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: Baked
You're gonna be tubebunny tonight after the runs.
I've actually got a lot of experience with this kinda of binge eating, and I feel fine.
[. . . ]
The most I've ever eaten was at a restaurant in Cape Cod. I ate so much that I eventually couldn't get the food all the way down my throat.
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Backs slowly away from the rabid bunny.

Hehe, I was like OMG this tastes soooooo good. On my last bite, I swallowed, felt the food get halfway down my throat, just past the gag reflex, and then halt. It just kinda stopped and would go no further. I was like "oh boy."

LOFL

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I've actually got a lot of experience with this kinda of binge eating, and I feel fine.
[. . . ]
The most I've ever eaten was at a restaurant in Cape Cod. I ate so much that I eventually couldn't get the food all the way down my throat.

omg.. a Perknose post that was actually funnay :Q

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
[. . . ]

hahaha lol.

so i guess this makes fuzzybabybunny a dude and not a girl? Based off the first couple of posts when Fuzzy first posted, I thought he was a girl, heh.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The most i ever had was 2 lbs of shrimp at some viet hole in the wall seafood restaurant in westminster.

It was about $20, the shrimp was actually quite high quality, typical medium sized, nice firm texture and sweet still, shell/head on but sort of boiled in some cajun sauce.

But 2 lbs makes you sick after about a pound and a half, and it's quite heavy. I'll have to go again sometime, but just get 1 lb.

They also sold per lb cooked crawfish.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
this reminds me of the simpson's episode.

with homer and marge who reluctant came along as homer tried to go to several seafood buffets and still didn't have all he could eat.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Totally agreed. I am hardcore anti-Darden Restaurants. Low quality, meager portions, crappy service, high prices.

But the idea of taking advantage of this endless shrimp deal... :D

Heh. The real way to get them is to order nothing to drink but water. :evil:

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Totally agreed. I am hardcore anti-Darden Restaurants. Low quality, meager portions, crappy service, high prices.

But the idea of taking advantage of this endless shrimp deal... :D

Heh. The real way to get them is to order nothing to drink but water. :evil:

what restaurants are part of the Darden restaurants?

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
If we were to say these shrimp were average size, that would put you at about 14 times the amount of cholesterol you should have daily. The shrimp sound a little smaller than that, but damn.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
get ready to puke. i ate there once and it was one of the biggest mistakes i made. i didn't eat much but later puked it all.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: squirtle24
"The ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."

oh yeah???

well the jerkstore called and they're running outta YOU!!

That's ok because you're the best seller.

Oh good stuff. I remember one of my friends succinctly describing me to his mom as being "the jerkstore."

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000

*shrugs*

I've actually got a lot of experience with this kinda of binge eating, and I feel fine. Never had any digestive problems afterwards either.

The most I've ever eaten was at a restaurant in Cape Cod. I ate so much that I eventually couldn't get the food all the way down my throat. That's when I knew I had to stop. Didn't throw up though. Just kinda passed out in the backseat of the car afterwards :p

I live on the Cape. Which restaurant??

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: nkgreen
I live close enough to Pensacola, FL where I don't have to settle for imported seafood.

You're extremely lucky. I would love to just live in a coastal state like Maine and just eat *fresh* seafood seafood seafood. Make friends with the lobstermen and all.

OH the memories when I lived on the east coast of Florida for work and all of the great food places. IMO FL had some of the best food I have ever had. See food and BBQ places. Oh and some great Chinese Buffets too. there was one I went to you went and got all the fresh stuff from the buffet and brought it over to a guy buy a giant wok who would take what you brought and cook it right up there for you.

And then there was Blackened Dolphin (the fish not the mamal silly) over pasta and 1lb of BBQ Pork, omg Im drooling all over the Keyboard now. OH what a time I had there for work. Got paid $2K a week for back breaking labor but after work I ate out at some of the best places, boozed it up, at the best food of my life, to wake up the next morning ready to do it all over again. And I plan on after my kids are grown and out of the house, to sell my house, buy a motor home, and live down there for the rest of my life. Thoes old people know a great place to go die in when they see it. Provided I live long enough to do that :p

And as far as hurricanes, thats why you live in a motor home. I did that when was there for work, 5th wheel and a Ford PU. Was in Miami when I Hurrican was forcasted to go through by the keys. Couple days before they did the evacuation my boss and I packed up and went to West Palm to wait it out, then went back. What a great 5 day break that was. My boss, my Brother, and I had a freakin blast in West Palm Jet Ski'n (unlimited retal places), and I dont think I drank and ate so much as I did in thoes 5 days as in my life.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I think I would rather have 10-12 great shrimp rather than 250+ crappy ones. But that's just me.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I'm feeling pretty good :)

Not too full by any means, but pretty good.

Here's the receipt (I'm on the top, seat no. 1):

http://fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com/photos/105639868-O.jpg

The first Scampi and Coconut Shrimp are the first order. 15 scampi and 15 coconut shrimp, so a total of 30 shrimp.

Then 15 other scampi orders, each 10 shrimp each = 150 shrimp

Each mini coconut shrimp order had probably 15 shrimp each, so 2x15 = 30 shrimp

A popcorn shrimp order had 33 tiny shrimp.

The shrimp pasta had about 10 shrimp.

So a total of 253 shrimp (165 scampi shrimp, 45 coconut shrimp, 33 popcorn shrimp, and 10 pasta shrimp)

Aftermath: I can still eat some more. Endless Shrimp is really "eat as much as you can before you get bored and sick," not "eat until you get stuffed" because Red Lobster's food and shrimp quality is pretty low. After two shrimp scampis they became tasteless. The shrimp that they use are not the meaty, high quality ones. They are more of the skinny, floppy-ish kind of shrimp with no real meaty texture. Their popcorn shrimp are only about half an inch long.

Apparently the record is held by two guys who each did * 600 * shrimp each, and afterwards they made a mess of the restaurant puking it all up. Look them 8 hours. Again, with this Endless Shrimp it's not about how much you can eat but instead how long you can go before getting sick or bored.
Gluttony is one of the 7 Deadly Sins

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
How many cheese biscuits? Don't tell me you went to red lobster and didn't eat one of their biscuits..?!!!