Jumper - worst movie ever.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: AMDZen
The lead actress was easy on the eyes, thats the absolute only good thing I can say about the movie. She was horrible on the acting front, as was everyone - including Samual.

The story was dumb, and just when you think the story can't get any dumber you see the ending with his mom which is obviously keeping it open for a sequal. Dumbest ending/story I've seen in a while

Luckily I didn't pay to watch it

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
LOL...wow. pure action movie? With quite possibly the worst acting and ridiculous action scenes? That movie was horrible.

I watch a ton of movies...ones i know are going to be shitty and ones i know aren't. The Marine is definitely one of the worst action movies i've seen. Hands down.
Pure action movie = you don't care about the story.

It's not as good as Shooter (another military-esque movie released around the same time) as Shooter had a much better and more interesting Bourne-like story, but it had enough action.

Sorry that I don't need an Academy Awards favorite for me to at least be entertained for x number of hours. I prefer movies where I don't have to think, especially if I go see one after work. I'm done thinkin' for the day :p.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Aikouka
LOL...wow. pure action movie? With quite possibly the worst acting and ridiculous action scenes? That movie was horrible.

I watch a ton of movies...ones i know are going to be shitty and ones i know aren't. The Marine is definitely one of the worst action movies i've seen. Hands down.

It's not as good as Shooter (another military-esque movie released around the same time) as Shooter had a much better and more interesting Bourne-like story, but it had enough action.

Sorry that I don't need an Academy Awards favorite for me to at least be entertained for x number of hours. I prefer movies where I don't have to think, especially if I go see one after work. I'm done thinkin' for the day :p.
Shooter at least had some acting in it. I don't ask for much...i'm not looking for every movie to be an AA winner. I, too, like a movie where i don't have to think once in a while, but The Marine was just beyond terrible for so many reasons.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
I have not seen the other two movies but There will be Blood was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. Soooooooo boring, I thought it would never end.
you are wrong.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Shooter at least had some acting in it. I don't ask for much...i'm not looking for every movie to be an AA winner. I, too, like a movie where i don't have to think once in a while, but The Marine was just beyond terrible for so many reasons.
exactly. I just don't like to be treated like a moron when I see a movie, despite my expectations of it.

Did I think 300 was going to be stupid before I saw it? Yes.
Was it stupid? Absolutely
Did I still like it? Indeed, and more-so than I had expected I would.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Originally posted by: zinfamous
I have not seen the other two movies but There will be Blood was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. Soooooooo boring, I thought it would never end.
you are wrong.
I think I can have my own opinion. The 2 people with me hated the movie also, im not alone.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
you are wrong.
I think I can have my own opinion. The 2 people with me hated the movie also, im not alone.
you are all wrong.

feel better? :p

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004

exactly. I just don't like to be treated like a moron when I see a movie, despite my expectations of it.

300 was the manliest two hours I have ever witnessed. Concentrated freakin manliness.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124

300 was the manliest two hours I have ever witnessed. Concentrated freakin manliness.
But is it manlier than this?!!?!?!

I think not.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Not the Worst movie, go see Meet the Spartans for something waaaay worse.

Jumper was alright, where it falls flat is in what isn't it. It feels like the Coles Notes to a much bigger and better story. In 20 years someone will make a good remake version of this concept.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Platypus
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Too bad you couldn't make it to There Will be Blood, it was absolutely brilliant. If Daniel Day Lewis doesn't win the oscar for that performance it will be the biggest robbery since Russell Crowe lost out for A Beautiful Mind.

KT
The biggest robbery of all time was Julia Roberts winning for Erin Brokovich over Ellen Burnstyn for Requiem for a Dream.
have to agree. not to mention the fact that Requiem for a Dream was such a better movie then Erin Brokovich.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I haven't seen it, but I have seen at least one favorable review. I'm waiting for the sequels so I can sit up one night and watch the trilogy on DVD.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
It's not particularly good but 'worst movie ever'? I mean sure, maybe if it was the only movie I'd ever seen but I could probably come up with hundreds of movies I liked less than this one.

Beller0ph1

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2003
Nope, I won't see another Hayden Christensen film. I just can't shake the scene where he killed all the Sand People: "And the women...and the children...". Ugh

May 30, 2007
Haven't seen it yet, gonna see it this weekend and I doubt it tops my 3 worst movies ever list :

Freddy Got Fingered

Kung Pow : Enter the Fist

Meet the Spartans

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You have to figure any movie with Hayden Christensen starring in it has got to suck hard.
Episoe 3 was pretty good. Though it may have been risen to a higher status since we get to see him get sliced and diced.
You're right. Episode 3 was pretty good. At least it was far far far better than 1 and 2. But Hayden's acting was as horrible as ever.

Talladega Nights is a goofball comedy. It's ok for that kind of movie to be stupid. Comedy is very much subject to personal taste, so even though everyone knows it's a stupid movie, some people are going to think it's hilarious and some people aren't. Will Farrell is certainly not expecting (or even trying) to earn any oscars for his films. He's just trying to make people laugh and he's very good at it. At least for the people who enjoy his style of comedy.

It's the same thing with movies like Napoleon Dynamite, Superbad, etc.

I wanted to give Hayden a chance. I thought maybe with a script that wasn't as horrible as the ones Lucas writes, he might be a decent actor. But it doesn't sound like that's the case.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Legendary
:confused:
...seriously? I loved it.

Name some of your favorite movies.
The movie wasn't entirely bad. The acting was great and the plot started off good but imo it just dragged on and then dragged on more.

Some movies I like are.. Heat, Indiana Jones Series, The Island, Back to the Future series, Goodfellas, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pulp Fiction, Memento, American Beauty, Alien... so many great movies.
so the movie wasn't entirely bad but it was one of the worst movies you've ever seen? :confused:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: jhbball
ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY.

Seriously, what's wrong with you people? Read some damn reviews first.
Seriously, whats wrong with you? Read the damn thread first.

Out of all the people in this thread who actually watched the movie, it looks like about 80% actually enjoyed it.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
It's not like they didn't warn you; the trailer was out for months ahead of time.

See the trailer (just once) and you know the movie was Sux Delux, no matter who was in it.

Trust your gut feeling ...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Just saw it. I actually enjoyed it...until the end. Talk about weaksauce!

I guess they wanted to leave it open for Part II? But I doubt it grossed enough at the Box Office for that...

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: pontifex
i don't know whether to take anything seriously i read on here about movie reviews and such. you guys love stuff like Talladega Nights.

meh, i guess i'll just watch it when it comes out on DVD anyway. the trailer looked pretty cool to me.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jumper/ 15% right now, that's pretty horrible
and Talladega Nights got a 72%. that movie rocked - just rocked
Fixed ;)

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
I saw it and the more I watched it the more I wanted the main character to get his ass kicked by the other jumper. Seriously, all he did was just cause problems for him. The second jumper would have been so much better off without the main character.

Why don't the jumpers use guns?

ASK THE COMMUNITY