Jobless Claims on the Rise

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize

Tell you what. I'll agree to a "livable" minimum wage if it matches the following:

- It must be based on a minimum 70 hour work week. You don't want to go to college, you gotta work HARD my friend.
- If you work the minimum of 70 hours, even over 2+ jobs, then you can dip into a public insurance fund
- You don't make overtime. Overtime funds instead are paid into the public insurance fund.

I'm sure I could come up with lots more restrictions :)

Good idea, but you quickly forget, in the land of the rich people shouldn't have to work. :p

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
If the greatest generation thought like the newest one.....the middle class in America would have never thrived.

God bless those from the past who had the courage to unite and do what was right and stand up to corporate greed.

Sometimes the corporate ass licking of today's generation just makes my stomach turn.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Ferocious
If the greatest generation thought like the newest one.....the middle class in America would have never thrived.

God bless those from the past who had the courage to unite and do what was right and stand up to corporate greed.

Sometimes the corporate ass licking of today's generation just makes my stomach turn.

Just like the "Entitlement mentality" turns mine. Hopefully someday(soon) people will once again stand up for their own responsibility.

CkG

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Hate to break it to you, but the "greatest generation" created (and some still run) today's corporations. The baby boomers are running the rest of them not run by the old foges.

Gen-X and Gen-whatevertheyarecallingthe18-28 crowd are just now breaking into the middle/upper management. We'll see what they bring when the baby boomers let go.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Just like the "Entitlement mentality" turns mine. Hopefully someday(soon) people will once again stand up for their own responsibility.

I'm not my brother's keeper. I got mine. Of course there are millions more capable than Caddy lying in the dirt.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Go to europe. They have progressive societies there.
Actually I'm more of an Asia fan.
N. Korea is the ultimate example of what you get when you take your left-wing ideas all the way.
And I hear they are doing really well.
rolleye.gif

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

The Government is shipping the jobs overseas too.

Probably won't long before the Capitol is moved to Bangalore.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Washington, for example, the state's Health Care Authority recently awarded a $3 million job to contractor Health Access, which outsourced computer-programming jobs to India.

The HCA needed to upgrade a computer system used to track participant's in the state's insurance program. It wanted $5.4 million to get the job done but state lawmakers granted a budget of $3.6 million for the task, said agency spokesman Dave Wasser.

"They were the lowest bidder that met all the criteria," Wasser said. "Going overseas was part of what got them the bid lower."