Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3703 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
2SGScf6.png

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What the historical Jesus actually looked like. Hmm... No hippy Jesus?

View attachment 65562

Nope, no such thing as a historical jesus, just a biblical one. More imagination to that pic than anything else. To build a face you need scientific techniques from forensic anthropology. But that requires, you know, evidence, remains.

Remember, history contains 10 other jesus like characters from other cultures and times, all of them happening before the story of jesus of nazareth. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Nope, no such thing as a historical jesus, just a biblical one. More imagination there than what is done in forensic anthropolgy, which uses, you know, evidence.

Ah? You're a mythist?

I alternate between the historical and mythist view myself. Dr. Bart Erhman and Richard Carrier both sound very convincing. I tend to side with Bart though.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
:kissingheart:

This is one of my favorite rescues for animals...Takis. He is in Greece where the dog and cat homelessness is a big problem. He's amazing.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Long 44 mins (if you guys are tired of dog rescue videos let me know)

Never worry about that unless a mod tells you too! (which I doubt will ever happen)

The only things we make an effort to avoid in this thread is anything upsetting or really negative ... these are inspirational if anything!

It's surpassingly easy to scroll past a cute puppy/kitten rescue video if you don't want to watch. (you monster!)

:D ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: blackangst1

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Nope, no such thing as a historical jesus, just a biblical one. More imagination to that pic than anything else. To build a face you need scientific techniques from forensic anthropology. But that requires, you know, evidence, remains.

Remember, history contains 10 other jesus like characters from other cultures and times, all of them happening before the story of jesus of nazareth. Just sayin.

Last I looked: Virtually all scholars of antiquity accept that Jesus was a historical figure.