Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3704 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Last I looked: Virtually all scholars of antiquity accept that Jesus was a historical figure.

Last I looked: zero evidence in the historical record that jesus existed at all. Not a single shred of evidence, just a well used theme present in earlier cultures.

If there has been some kind of discovery I am all ears. Mythologized history != history

Last edited:
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Last I looked: zero evidence in the historical record that jesus existed at all. Not a single shred of evidenc, just a well used theme present in earlier cultures.

If there has been some kind of discovery I am all ears.
Seems like your sources are in favor of something beyond the truth.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
yClqznZ.jpeg

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Oh dear, poor desperate Torn is imagining things again.
Your arrested development is your own little problem. I have even less patience of academic childishness than before mid-July.
Jesus the historical figure is a more mundane matter than Jesus the Christian God.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Last I looked: zero evidence in the historical record that jesus existed at all. Not a single shred of evidenc, just a well used theme present in earlier cultures.

If there has been some kind of discovery I am all ears. Mythologized history != history
There is evidence that he was based on a bunch of different characters and was basically an inside joke because educated people were the only ones who knew the original characters.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Seems like your sources are in favor of something beyond the truth.

Check who the writer of that article is. Obviously not an unbiased source. I hate that people get the title of Dr. without any actual science in their background.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Check who the writer of that article is. Obviously not an unbiased source. I hate that people get the title of Dr. without any actual science in their background.

Hey let's not indulge him, at least not here. His posts trying to be funny are bad enough, let's pass on having him vent over why he prefers the pink shades.

Making a quip/correction over something not funny or informative is one thing, inviting the religulous to debate is another. I'm sure you can tell by his link we're not missing anything. ;)

On a similar note...