Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 340 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
5jV0A.jpg

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Uh...I know that. Maybe YOU missed the point of that image.

The Titanic WAS "real-life."
The Titanic was a passenger ship, not a pleasure cruise.
The Titanic sank, it didn't just list to one side.

By the logic of whoever created the graphic, every ship that ever listed or sank was a "real-life Titanic" event.

Thank you Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

It's like watching an episode of How It's Made

"First they add this green liquid to the compound..."
"Then the red liquid..."
"After a few more steps, the GMC Yukon is rolling off the assembly line."

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I think CCW carriers are supposed to immediately announce that they have a CCW and there's a weapon in the car. They aren't supposed to wait for the officer to ask.
It all depends on the state...used to be that way here in Texas but it was changed last year to not be required, I'll still hand over my permit with my DL if I'm ever stopped though just to keep in the habit just in case I ever visit a state that does require it...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It depends on the state. In Virginia you are not unless the cop pulls you out of your car and asks specifically if you have any fire-arms.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Obviously, I know that but only after pain-staking and unecessary research. I mean, even knowing that it was the RUGBY world cup, searching the 2003 Rugby World Cup Wikipedia page for "All Black" finds two mentions with neither specifically clarifying that it was the NZ team name and neither providing a link to the All Blacks' page on Wikipedia. Neither the image nor the Wikipedia page provided enough info even once a third party pointed us in the Rugby direction ("2003 World Cup" is Football/Soccer as far as anyone else is concerned). In short, the image needed much more exposition than the poster gave us.

Dude, it was a simple misunderstanding. Let it go.

Saw this on facebook, but am suspicious of its veracity...

The_IRS_is_made_of_people.jpg

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Obviously, I know that but only after pain-staking and unecessary research. I mean, even knowing that it was the RUGBY world cup, searching the 2003 Rugby World Cup Wikipedia page for "All Black" finds two mentions with neither specifically clarifying that it was the NZ team name and neither providing a link to the All Blacks' page on Wikipedia. Neither the image nor the Wikipedia page provided enough info even once a third party pointed us in the Rugby direction ("2003 World Cup" is Football/Soccer as far as anyone else is concerned). In short, the image needed much more exposition than the poster gave us.

Well that was clarified long time ago and if you went through the threads you would see we did. And I find it hard to believe that you struggled to find proof as NZ were the All Blacks. If I enter The All Blacks in google NZ rugby is my first hits.
NY-Penguins.gif

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Thank you Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

Out of context. He was responding to someone else who assumed that he was reacting that way because he didn't know about recent events. He had to go all "Captain Obvious" to explain just how much he understood it and still could not consider the implied relevance. Now. shortylickens and busydude genuinely do seem to think that it's not so obvious. Go harp on them.