Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 339 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
WRONG!
Its TV grab worthy for the handful of people that get it, like almost anything else pulled out of modern media. The fact somebody at the news station thought it would be relevant to put "Real Life Titanic" on a graphic means either they personally forgot about the actual Titanic, or they are pandering to the LCD who doesnt know or forgot about the actual Titanic.

THATS THE JOKE!
THATS why its funny. For the handful who really know better and get the depth & complexity of the issue at hand.
Ugh. You can't be serious. The "joke" is EPIC FAIL. This is a facepalm-level FAIL more than an the informed in-joke you seem to think it is. You facepalm for something extraordinarily stupid beyond the expected LCD, like this.

And when you say to "see also: Pearl Harbor," I ALREADY DID. I pointed out a similar FAIL that was laughed at by all for a similarly mind-blowing level of ignorance.

Last edited:

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
internet-memes-rad-goal-bro.gif

Swedes ^^

Last edited:

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I think CCW carriers are supposed to immediately announce that they have a CCW and there's a weapon in the car. They aren't supposed to wait for the officer to ask.

They can do whatever they want. In most cases they are legally required to answer properly if the officer asks, but if they don't...they don't have to say shit.

Same reason you don't have to give up your id if an officer asks you technically.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
They can do whatever they want. In most cases they are legally required to answer properly if the officer asks, but if they don't...they don't have to say shit.

Same reason you don't have to give up your id if an officer asks you technically.

Cop went berzerk when some driver didn't immediately announce he had a weapon (even though the officer didn't allow him to):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

...I guess it's just Ohio.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I had to google it to find out that it's rugby. You know how much most americans know about rugby? Nothing.

lol I forget at times I am on a US majority site and rugby has not caught on there yet so partly my fault. Appoligies. But I believe they are starting a professional league there in this year. Watch a game or two you might like it.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
lol I forget at times I am on a US majority site and rugby has not caught on there yet so partly my fault. Appoligies. But I believe they are starting a professional league there in this year. Watch a game or two you might like it.

Nah, I should have googled it before assuming racism.

As to rugby I lived in the UK for 6 months and still have no clue about its rules (though I watched a ton of soccer and enjoyed it).

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Saying black isn't racist, but the implication was a bunch of guys were going to assault "all blacks"... slightly racist connotations, don't you agree?
Now that we know it is fans awaiting the sports team "All Blacks" well... racism no longer found.
Most Americans do not follow Rugby. Especially any that is outside of our continent.

All better? :)

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
NZ = All Blacks
team_photo.jpg

Obviously, I know that but only after pain-staking and unecessary research. I mean, even knowing that it was the RUGBY world cup, searching the 2003 Rugby World Cup Wikipedia page for "All Black" finds two mentions with neither specifically clarifying that it was the NZ team name and neither providing a link to the All Blacks' page on Wikipedia. Neither the image nor the Wikipedia page provided enough info even once a third party pointed us in the Rugby direction ("2003 World Cup" is Football/Soccer as far as anyone else is concerned). In short, the image needed much more exposition than the poster gave us.