Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3637 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
6SW7o0O.jpeg

I had a Camaro that was unreliable as hell. The last time it broke down I started driving this old truck I bought for hauling stuff. It had wind wings and floor vents. I want those.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I made my own little rambos 45 years ago. a .357/.38 casing will fit over a standard aluminum arrow shaft.
Load a primer, then fill the entire arrow with smokeless powder. Tape the case with primer onto the end of the arrow.
The very last thing you do is tape a BB over the primer, right before firing.
We blasted some rock cliffs and the arrow tubing turned itself inside out in little shards.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
they also thrive in Florida so they have that going for them. Not much of a bounty on constrictors in Wisconsin.....

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

That's fake news :colbert:. There is a law in Quebec that says the signage has to be in French. It can be bilingual but French has to be more prominent than English.

this is at Montreal China Town

see the yellow restaurant sign. the bus stop is across the street close to the arch. as Chinatowns go, it is a pretty sad affair.

Montreal_Chinatown_gate.jpg

better view of bus stop
1652880269271.png

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That's fake news :colbert:. There is a law in Quebec that says the signage has to be in French. It can be bilingual but French has to be more prominent than English.

You should contact SAAQ and Lg2 Quebec and let them know their fake Bone vs Steel campaign has been breaking the law for the last 4 years.

Quebec has relaxed a lot since the 90s, they aren't as frothy about English being used these days. I don't think it's the issue you think it is, firms generally don't invest money and time into projects like that without Legal doing their due dilligence.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You should contact SAAQ and Lg2 Quebec and let them know their fake Bone vs Steel campaign has been breaking the law for the last 4 years.

Quebec has relaxed a lot since the 90s, they aren't as frothy about English being used these days. I don't think it's the issue you think it is, firms generally don't invest money and time into projects like that without Legal doing their due dilligence.

no, it is back in fashion. Montreal is like the English stronghold in Quebec :p

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The Cooch Cooler would be valued by women as well. Living in Arizona, have had several remark about how sundresses make it easy to adjust the airflow.

I never understood why A/C vents in cars haven't integrated accordion ducting where the vents could telescope out and bend in various directions which would let you much more significantly adjust the airflow. Mercedes has a cool "airscarf" vent on their convertibles (or did on the SLK and then SL) which I think could be adapted for A/C as well where it blows air in specific regions. I'm honestly baffled that such isn't more common. I guess most car companies think heated/vented seats is enough. I feel like they could offer special packages with extra equipment to deal with weather common to certain regions. The Prius with the solar roof actually used to use it to power a fan to bring external air in.

Which, I also am surprised we haven't seen someone develop a locking magnetic external sunshade (basically a car cover that has magnets with electromagnets underneath the car body which would activate/deactivate with the keyfob, preventing the sun rays from even getting inside; could also double where it could be a heated blanket to deal with frost/ice in cold climates to help deal with that).

Why was my first thought about the movie "Scent of a Woman"?

• Haha
Reactions: Drach