SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This whole idea that someone gets ahead or is pulled back in life due to their race is absolute bullshit. It is outdated thinking liberals push as they continue their push to swap places with conservatives and become the party of old thinking and outdated ideals while the conservatives move forward with constitution-first views.

In this video Jesse Lee Peterson debates a woman of color, a woman that thinks she only got into UCLA because of affirmative action while she ignores the fact that her father got into Harvard before her on his own merits.

In this video Ben Shaprio points out how issues with culture are to blame, not racism. Why do minorities have so many single parents, why do minorities account for such a high percentage of the homicide rate? Why has single motherhood among African Americans tripled from the 60's to today?

It is time the liberals stop fooling minorities, get them off the plantation, let's stop the leftist racist narrative that only harms society and fools people into thinking they are victims. Opportunity is there for anyone that wants to put the work in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Challenger

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This whole idea that someone gets ahead or is pulled back in life due to their race is absolute bullshit.

Because the country is littered with white guys shot because they were legally carrying or white guys shot because they legally obeyed orders from the police or white guys suffering criminal sentences twice the about black guys.

Go fuck yourself.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Because the country is littered with white guys shot because they were legally carrying or white guys shot because they legally obeyed orders from the police or white guys suffering criminal sentences twice the about black guys.

Go fuck yourself.

Don't pretend fringe events are mainstream. I will not fuck myself.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm sure AT P&N will watch the videos and build objective opinions to post and not bypass the content in the videos and jump to defend their evangelical leftism. I'm sure of it.

Well, do you believe those examples can disprove the entire situation? I would hope that if you are an objective person that you would not think two examples of success would be enough to qualify as the aforementioned as invalid.

Reactions: ivwshane

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Well, do you believe those examples can disprove the entire situation? I would hope that if you are an objective person that you would not think two examples of success would be enough to qualify as the aforementioned as invalid.

Of course not, the "entire situation" is really talking, at least in part, about the human condition. But, the content in the OP does hit on some major pillars of the liberals and provides strong evidence backed opinions and facts on why the liberal view today is bullshit.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Of course not, the "entire situation" is really talking, at least in part, about the human condition. But, the content in the OP does hit on some major pillars of the liberals and provides strong evidence backed opinions and facts on why the liberal view today is bullshit.

Yeah, Ben Shapiro OWNING the libs with FACTS and LOGIC. Lmao, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shapiro is either very very stupid, a hack, or both.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

I would bet that you believe there is still racism in this country. While you probably don't believe in institutional racism that structurally holds back minorities, you still think some experience racism that does hold them from their full potential.

So, given that, why would you take an absolutist position of "This whole idea that someone gets ahead or is pulled back in life due to their race is absolute bullshit."? I would expect an objective and nuanced position centered around the debate of gradation and where society currently stands with racism. Why do you think you did not do that?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
As usual, Slow is expecting everyone else to be objective and unbiased when he has no intentions of being either.

However, I personally dislike the term 'white privilege' because it overlooks the millions of white Americans who are born into poverty with insufficient hope of advancement. At the same time, there's little doubt that statistically minorities are worse off and that more needs to be done to address that problem. As well as more needs to be done about poverty among all groups.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I would bet that you believe there is still racism in this country. While you probably don't believe in institutional racism that structurally holds back minorities, you still think some experience racism that does hold them from their full potential.

So, given that, why would you take an absolutist position of "This whole idea that someone gets ahead or is pulled back in life due to their race is absolute bullshit."? I would expect an objective and nuanced position centered around the debate of gradation and where society currently stands with racism. Why do you think you did not do that?

Does racism exist? Absolutely. The difference between me and the average poster here is that I am not blind to it from the left. And the leftist version is more dangerous today. It has become socially acceptable even, where on the other hand we all reject Nazism and fascism. Point is we all have hurldes in life. In America none of them are too high to jump over as long as some simple and responsible choices are made. But the left wants to keep lowering the bar.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Does racism exist? Absolutely. The difference between me and the average poster here is that I am not blind to it from the left. And the leftist version is more dangerous today. It has become socially acceptable even, where on the other hand we all reject Nazism and fascism. Point is we all have hurldes in life. In America none of them are too high to jump over as long as some simple and responsible choices are made. But the left wants to keep lowering the bar.

Well, this is a big shift from your original post.

Do you think the hurdles in life are all equal? I bet you would say yes, but, really your answer has to be no.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I have to say I'm somewhat impressed how conservatives have just memory holed so many decades of systemic racism that in a lot of ways persists to this day not just of a personal nature but of policy (the real driver of inequality).

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have to say I'm somewhat impressed how conservatives have just memory holed so many decades of systemic racism that in a lot of ways persists to this day not just of a personal nature but of policy (the real driver of inequality).

Take care. Saying Black people are victims of bad government policy can get you in trouble with some people.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm more impressed by how it is that they're always able to dispel that systematic racism by claiming that one black guy's opinion is able to speak for all black people. Because they all think alike or something like that.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Since he came out as "pro slavery", I don't believe that Jesse Lee Peternson has any credibility in this world.

Not that it makes what he said better, but, I think its wrong that he was pro slavery.

"I’ve often said that, ‘Thank God for slavery,’ because, you know, had not, then the blacks over here would have been stuck in Africa… Everybody and their Mama are trying to get out of Africa and come to America and so God has a way of looking out for folks and He made it possible by way of slavery to get black folks into this country."

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don't know who those people are because bad government policy, like slavery, Jim Crow, redlining, etc, are self-evidently leading causes here.

Further than that too. Drug policy and mandatory minimums also had huge impacts. But, like I said, I would use caution here as I do not want to get suspended again.

Such comments about moderation are strictly disallowed here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Don't pretend fringe events are mainstream. I will not fuck myself.
Really motherfucker?? How about all the black people who have cops called on them for just existing. Not one-offs dumbass.

Go fuck yourself again

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Well, this is a big shift from your original post.

Do you think the hurdles in life are all equal? I bet you would say yes, but, really your answer has to be no.

No, but I don't believe any hurdle is so big from one group to another that it cannot be easily cleared. Simple and responsible decision making will help you succeed. Don't have a baby you can't afford, especially as a teenager, with a "father' unlikely to be around. Don't commit crimes. Put in effort to work and learn Do that an it will be hard to fail in America.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm more impressed by how it is that they're always able to dispel that systematic racism by claiming that one black guy's opinion is able to speak for all black people. Because they all think alike or something like that.

You're pushing a false narrative again. Any comments specific to the videos?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Not that it makes what he said better, but, I think its wrong that he was pro slavery.

"I’ve often said that, ‘Thank God for slavery,’ because, you know, had not, then the blacks over here would have been stuck in Africa… Everybody and their Mama are trying to get out of Africa and come to America and so God has a way of looking out for folks and He made it possible by way of slavery to get black folks into this country."
Lol at that quote, whoever he is. Africa might be a much better place if it had not been used to play "Risk" by colonial powers.