Jen Psaki is the worst press secretary in the last 20+ years

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Out of curiosity, have you actually listened to a significant chunk of a press briefing or only the snippets posted from your video (incidentally including no context)? Do you know if she actually does get back to the press with more detailed answers later?

Remember that one chick, remember the first day the first thing that came out of her mouth was "I'll never lie to you."

The very second thing that came out of her mouth was "did you know the moon was made of green cheese?"

That little bitch would do everything she could to try to convince you that water wasn't wet.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I had someone complain that she uses filler words like "um" too often. Although, it was interesting to see that no one else really had anything negative to say.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Why is anyone seriously replying to this crap? I'm certain OP is just reposting something he saw on his facebook wall/parler/rconservative. It ain't worth your time. OP lost his marbles long time ago, you can't do anything for him.
Yeah this is just lazy trolling at this point. Not even trying to hide it. I'll never understand what part of the brain has to be broken to equate negative responses with vindication.

Reactions: kage69

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Remember that one chick, remember the first day the first thing that came out of her mouth was "I'll never lie to you."

The very second thing that came out of her mouth was "did you know the moon was made of green cheese?"

That little bitch would do everything she could to try to convince you that water wasn't wet.
My favorite was when Sean Spicer's first official statement as Press Secretary was to say that Trump's Inauguration had the "largest audience to ever to witness an inauguration, period – both in person and around the globe" and then followed it up with a string of easily disproven lies to try to cover for it, eventually ending in the infamous "sometimes we can disagree with the facts."
Then lets not forget that they then had Kellyanne Conway tell us that inauguration crowd numbers can not be quantified (isn't the point of numbers is that they are quantifiable?) and that the White House was simply giving "alternative facts".

Reactions: Viper1j

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm watching Psaki's latest press conference right now (I've seen a couple of them before), and... yeah, I'm still not buying claims she's "the worst."

She occasionally has a "we'll follow up with you," but the clear majority of responses are substantive answers. She even deftly addressed questions about the treatment of children migrants (not that it's a completely satisfying answer, but she set the record straight). It's just heartening to have a White House press secretary who provides real responses after years of junk.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah this is just lazy trolling at this point. Not even trying to hide it. I'll never understand what part of the brain has to be broken to equate negative responses with vindication.

The objective of trolling is to inflict mental pain.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is his third thread like this in so many days that he hasn't even come back to. If anyone was on the fence about him being a troll this should settle that.

Might not be a troll. I think he is just so un-evolved and backwards and sexist about liberal women in power he has to lash out about them somewhere. It just eats at him that a woman he disagrees with can have a position of power. Eats at his rotten soul.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm watching Psaki's latest press conference right now (I've seen a couple of them before), and... yeah, I'm still not buying claims she's "the worst."

She occasionally has a "we'll follow up with you," but the clear majority of responses are substantive answers. She even deftly addressed questions about the treatment of children migrants (not that it's a completely satisfying answer, but she set the record straight). It's just heartening to have a White House press secretary who provides real responses after years of junk.

Actually watching a press briefing and applying reason informed by your own observations? Why would I do that when I can watch a YouTube video which tells me what I want to hear?

• Love
Reactions: dank69 and ch33zw1z

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Someone’s been searching using DDG again.

Personally I think Jen is hot. Much hotter than what’s her name. I would date Jen. :)
She is hot. Damn those spicy red heads!

She's about the polar opposite SHS as you can get. It's fing insane to say she was a better press sec.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I personally have a lot more respect for someone who says "I don't know, but I'll find out" than someone that just makes crap up off the top of their head to give the impression of knowledge and confidence.

Naturally this would be a problem if the person never actually goes back and tries to find out, but it sounds like the office of the press secretary does actually get back around to providing some sort of answer to reporters, its just not right there in front of the camera.

Please do not contribute to the dumbing down of America and the instant gratification culture. Sometimes the right answer takes time and no one can prep for the nearly infinite number of questions they will receive.

Reactions: Caesar and dawp

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think we can let this thread die. The OP appears to be sufficiently shamed enough to not even bother posting again.

Nov 8, 2012
I personally have a lot more respect for someone who says "I don't know, but I'll find out" than someone that just makes crap up off the top of their head to give the impression of knowledge and confidence.

Naturally this would be a problem if the person never actually goes back and tries to find out, but it sounds like the office of the press secretary does actually get back around to providing some sort of answer to reporters, its just not right there in front of the camera.

Please do not contribute to the dumbing down of America and the instant gratification culture. Sometimes the right answer takes time and no one can prep for the nearly infinite number of questions they will receive.

Exactly, and thus the answer isn't "I'll circle back" the answer is "I don't know".

I'll circle back is from someone weak-minded that doesn't actually circle-back and just doesn't want to give a negative (AKA a "no" ) answer.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Exactly, and thus the answer isn't "I'll circle back" the answer is "I don't know".

I'll circle back is from someone weak-minded that doesn't actually circle-back and just doesn't want to give a negative (AKA a "no" ) answer.

So....per post or per word?

• Haha
Reactions: Bitek

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

I would not hire you. You wouldn't make it in a real, non-bullshit job if this is really how you think.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

stance of power right here, everyone /S

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 8, 2012
I would not hire you. You wouldn't make it in a real, non-bullshit job if this is really how you think.

lol as someone that works in the big-boy world, thats precisely how it works. A fucking CEO/CFO/VP doesn't want to hear "I'll circle back". They want to hear "I don't know". They are 2 very distinct different things. One is assertive and accurate - the other is a bullshit answer.

You clearly work in the subordinate world young padawan ;)

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
lol as someone that works in the big-boy world, thats precisely how it works. A fucking CEO/CFO/VP doesn't want to hear "I'll circle back". They want to hear "I don't know". They are 2 very distinct different things. One is assertive and accurate - the other is a bullshit answer.

Incomplete - what leadership wants to hear is 'I don't know, I'll find out' which is equivalent to what she is saying. You're hung up on style over substance which is typical of second rate corporate cultures.

Nov 8, 2012
Incomplete - what leadership wants to hear is 'I don't know, I'll find out' which is equivalent to what she is saying. You're hung up on style over substance which is typical of second rate corporate cultures.

No, it really isn't. They don't want vague answers. Simply saying "I'll find out" is - again - a bullshit answer hinging on hoping that they don't get asked again later.

Especially when the current counter of how many times she has said that is over 50+ times.

They want direct answers. "I don't know" is direct. So is "I don't know, I'll ask John that is the VP of accounting that can give me the answer in 15 minutes" is a direct answer. "I don't know I'll find out" is a vague answer. Nice try.

Regardless, I'll note your reply as understanding exactly what I'm saying - since you're clearly accepting of what I'm saying that "I'll circle back" is a bullshit answer that CEOs/CFOs/VPs and anyone with half a brain - won't put up with.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
No, it really isn't. They don't want vague answers. Simply saying "I'll find out" is - again - a bullshit answer hinging on hoping that they don't get asked again later.

Especially when the current counter of how many times she has said that is over 50+ times.

They want direct answers. "I don't know" is direct. So is "I don't know, I'll ask John that is the VP of accounting that can give me the answer in 15 minutes" is a direct answer. "I don't know I'll find out" is a vague answer. Nice try.

Regardless, I'll note your reply as understanding exactly what I'm saying - since you're clearly accepting of what I'm saying that "I'll circle back" is a bullshit answer that CEOs/CFOs/VPs and anyone with half a brain - won't put up with.

I work with executives all the time, and I 'm not sure, but I will find out is a completely acceptable answer. A wrong answer, aka trump's press secretaries is much less acceptable.

Reactions: Bitek

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

I'm being totally sincere when I ask, is your mail order wife still alive?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

You do not work in anybody's big boy world. Stop it. You put up these mind numbing dumb posts, devoid of critical thought and expect anyone to believe you do anything of any importance? Stop it.